Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need fellow yota peoples help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delete

My 84 4runner got hit in the middle of the night and their insurance adjuster will be coming in a few days.

WHat I need: advice on what may have been damaged (HIDDEN DAMAGE) so that I can make a comprehensive list of what I need to have quoted from toyota. Example bolts, bushings, fittings, gears, transmission, etc ; if the damage warrants it in your opinion.

What happened: Drunk driver hit my toy parked out front and went under and hit my axle and tire, pushing the truck up over the curb. His car exploded fluids on impact, my truck was drenched on the side and had large paint flakes stuck to the fluid, large pool of fluid at the moment of impact and a quarter panel left behind as well as smal debree everywhere (I mention this for your visualization of the impact force and done)

Visible damage: Beside my truck sitting on the suspension tilted ugly
-Right rear leaf spring bent at 90 degree to front spring hanger
-right rear wheel is pushed forward toward the front of my fender due to bend spring
-left rear leaf spring bent where small leaf is separated from the pack
-Both front springs are bent to the right(I guess from the rotational force that pushed it over)
-non-histeer Tie rod is bent more than a "minor bend"
-passenger door now has a little springlike play in it when closed
- rear axle seal or something, it is metal dome-shaped popped out of axle, since it was pushed in all the way

Any idea if going to court with the ins agency would get me all my stuff payed for because they will undoubtably not want to pay up.

THANKS GUYS
Paul Nixon

Last edited by oceancultured; 02-11-2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Cluttering forum
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I have never heard of an insurance company taking the word of the customer. The adjuster will come out and take notes. If those notes are inconclusive they will have it towed to a certified shop and they will review it and provide the ins company with a list.

HOWEVER, I would bet my 3rd testicle that the insurance company will take one look at it and total it. your truck probably books for 2000$ in good shape. and by the sounds of it (to an insurance company using OEM replacement parts) They are looking at $5000 to $10000 easy.