Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

stickers - your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stickers - your opinion

I know it's my truck, and I'm going to do what I want with it... but I can't decide on this one, so I'd love some opinions from you folks.

I've got a Thule wind deflector/valence for my roof rack, and I'm thinking about putting some stickers on it... mountain biking stickers, kayaking stickers, and of course off road/4x4 stickers. I think I'll like the look when my rig is all muddyed up or loaded up with bikes/kayaks/gear... but I don't think I'll like it when my rig is cleaned up.

Opinions?
Old 09-09-2002, 01:39 PM

In my opinion, I don't like stickers either (no offense to any with them). I like my 4Runner to have a clean look and I feel that stickers don't do that (again, no offense to anyone w/ stickers). I only have 2 on mine. I have a static American flag in the side window and a parking sticker for school (which I must have). That is it. I really like the static type stickers, because they are easy to take on and off. Like I said, this is my opinion and no offense to anyone with them that likes them. I would, however, put on a Yotatech sticker...team pride!!! :fireman:
Old 09-09-2002, 02:20 PM

i only have one sticker and that's my college...it's a static one as well...and like btown says, i'd throw up a static yotatech one easily..
Old 09-09-2002, 02:32 PM

I also dislike stickers. Whether it's bumper stickers or any other type. The ONLY sticker on my 4Runner is a 3 inch by 2 inch static American flag centered at the top of my rear cargo window.

Old 09-09-2002, 03:55 PM

I got a decent amount of stickers on my back window. 1st is a YL sticker is for Younglife a group thing school around the US have. Also have North Face and Patagonia, dont think I need to explain those. Then Half Moon Outfitters, they are a outdoor stores in SC that specialize in outdoors stuff, camping, kayaking, rock climbing etc.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:07 PM

i dont really like stickers for some reason. im acually thinking about taking off all the stuff that is on it now.. like the stuff that says tacoma or toyota. just looks really nice that way. my dad's truck is like that... its a GMC suburban. looks real good without all those markings. he has a custom grill too that looks sweeeett.....:eek:

but some rigs do look good with lots of stickers...... especially when all muddy i agree with you there.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jackson,

Nice cargo box (the other thread).

As for the stickers on the Thule fairing, I don't think its such a bad idea b/c you can always remove the fairing easily if you get sick of looking at it. Oh, I did'nt put alot of stickers on it so it looked tasteful and not like some Greenpeace owl humper VW bus.

I have a Thule fairing too and I *had* a few stickers on it too but they faded pretty bad so I took most of them off. I plan on adding more stickers but I don't have any right now.

You can always flip that thing around too on the "clean" side if you don't want to have all the stickers showing too.

Oh, have you thought about cutting/modifying your fairing to the size of the new, smaller Yakima ones? I think those look much better. I may do that after all the other mods.

And the other thing: what digital camera do you use? I must say your pics are a lot better than mine! I use a Kodak DC280.

And yes, like some others on this board, I have the US flag in the rear window, centered perfectly.

Go USA.

Bob
Old 09-09-2002, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I was pretty hesitant to put any on because of how hard it is to go back to non-stickered if I ever wanted to. I never thought about the ability to flip the fairing around so the clean side shows. Hmmm... I guess I'll gather up all my stickers, see what I like what I don't like. Then maybe I'll line them up on the fairing and put a piece of plastic wrap over them to hold them on and see how it looks.

Bob... the camera is a Sony DSC-S85, and thanks for the kind words.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:02 PM
Contributing Member

I'm also a fan of the clean look. But since you are going to add them to the faring and not the body, I'd say go for it...like they said you can always flip it over.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:10 PM

I'm anti-sticker also, unless it's very low-pro like one of my school or a simple trd logo on the side. Nuttin that stands out or looks cluttered . .. hate that
Old 09-09-2002, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Any of you guys w/ the TRD decals coudl you let me know if they are static ones or not, b/c I saw them on a black Runner just like mine around here and fell in love w/ them, they were on the window and I was wondering if they were static or not. Either than static stickers/decals I'm against the sticker look myself. IMOH(thanks Beowulf now I know what that actually means, haha).