Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

SAS done...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS done...

click on my link in my sig. its so sweet, i would totally recomend doing it, its not hard at all, i did it in my driveway, i have no garage and no air tools either, this was my first time using a torch and welding, it turn out pretty cool and she flex its like hell.
http://community.webshots.com/user/oztaco

Oz.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
#$#*$&@*#!!

The pictures would not download or the site is awful slow because I am on a SUPER fast server that downloads like at T3...I wanted to see it!

Brian
Old 08-07-2003, 09:59 AM

Re: #$#*$&@*#!!

Originally posted by waskillywabbit
The pictures would not download or the site is awful slow because I am on a SUPER fast server that downloads like at T3...I wanted to see it!

Brian
try again maybe is because i was downloading more pics there, or
send me your email address and i will email you some pics.
later.
Oz.

Last edited by OZtaco; 08-07-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:01 AM

Awsome man, congrats on the SAS. I thought about it for a while, but my pockets are kinda empty.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:04 AM

empty pockets...

Originally posted by oly884
Awsome man, congrats on the SAS. I thought about it for a while, but my pockets are kinda empty.
My pockets have been empty for a long time, i got layed off last september and i haven't really got a full time job since then, so i just put everything on my credit card!!!!
OZ.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:59 PM

Re: #$#*$&@*#!!

Originally posted by waskillywabbit

Brian
so did you ever got to see them????
Old 08-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

LOOKS SWEET!!!!!! What axle did you through under there? Did you rebuild it or was it good to go? Locker?
Old 08-13-2003, 04:02 AM

axle

Originally posted by PoBoy
LOOKS SWEET!!!!!! What axle did you through under there? Did you rebuild it or was it good to go? Locker?
D44 out of a 89 waggy, when i bought it it was completely rebuilded, its spooled. 5.38s gears.
thanks,
Old 08-13-2003, 06:30 AM
Contributing Member

How does it drive spooled up front? I just got my D44 (not sure what year waggy its out of but late 80's) and it needs quite a bit of work. No locker, needs new gears, calipers, etc.

May I ask where and how much you got it for? Im trying to save money, but if I can get one geared, spooled, and ready to go for just a little more than what I am gonna spend...Im game.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:59 AM

d44

Originally posted by PoBoy
How does it drive spooled up front? I just got my D44 (not sure what year waggy its out of but late 80's) and it needs quite a bit of work. No locker, needs new gears, calipers, etc.

May I ask where and how much you got it for? Im trying to save money, but if I can get one geared, spooled, and ready to go for just a little more than what I am gonna spend...Im game.
mine came ready to bolt on, it drives fine now cause i haven't hook up the front d-shaft, but if i feel it weird then i'll just drive in 2wd without the shaft i don't care. spool its the cheapest, i'm gonna leave it like that until i get money to buy an Ox locker for the 44 and electrac for the rear, i like lockers that i can turn on or off, have control and see what my truck its capable of. you know what i mean???
now i got to regear my rear axle, like i said the 44 has 5.38s so i'm putting 5.29s on the toy axle.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:20 AM

wow!! You should come with us on the Attica Run labor day weekend. It's only a couple hours away from Chicago, last time we had a few people from chicago join us.

PoBoy will be there :wink:
Old 08-13-2003, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: SAS done...

Originally posted by OZtaco
...this was my first time using a torch and welding...
She looks incredible Oz, congrats!

I do have a concern about this being your first time welding. Did you have a welding buddy with you that could inspect the welds? It could be disasterous if something gave while you were out on the road.

Structural welding is something that needs to be taught and practiced.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:33 PM

badlands

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
wow!! You should come with us on the Attica Run labor day weekend. It's only a couple hours away from Chicago, last time we had a few people from chicago join us.

PoBoy will be there :wink:
When was the last time??? I was there the end of april don't remember the date twentysomething.
I've been there tons of times, I'm trying to go soon but i got to regear my rear axle first, i just ordered that stuff.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:35 PM

Re: Re: SAS done...

Originally posted by mpulver
She looks incredible Oz, congrats!

I do have a concern about this being your first time welding. Did you have a welding buddy with you that could inspect the welds? It could be disasterous if something gave while you were out on the road.

Structural welding is something that needs to be taught and practiced.

Thanks man, and yes my buddy came after i was done and re touch it a little, then i brought her to his house and rewelded the whole thing with a 220.
thanks for your corncern tho.
Oz.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:48 PM

Re: badlands

When was the last time??? I was there the end of april don't remember the date twentysomething.
I've been there tons of times, I'm trying to go soon but i got to regear my rear axle first, i just ordered that stuff.
The last time we had about 5 4runners. It was July 26th. There's a thread somewhere with pics from the last run. Do you think you'll be able to join us this time? I think it'll be on the Sunday.

3 weeks should be enough time for you

Last edited by Toyo_Runner96; 08-13-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Re: SAS done...

Thanks man, and yes my buddy came after i was done and re touch it a little, then i brought her to his house and rewelded the whole thing with a 220.
thanks for your corncern tho.
Oz.
In that case... CARRY ON!
Old 08-13-2003, 07:33 PM

Re: Re: badlands

Originally posted by Toyo_Runner96
The last time we had about 5 4runners. It was July 26th. There's a thread somewhere with pics from the last run. Do you think you'll be able to join us this time? I think it'll be on the Sunday.

3 weeks should be enough time for you
its never enought time man, can't never say that cause something would happen, i can only tell you if i'm ready and i can go i'll go.
last time when i when to badlands i saw a few runners but they were complete moroons, they were driving like they were in the baja or something really fast, idiots!!! hope wasn't you or your buddies.
later
Oz.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Re: badlands

its never enought time man, can't never say that cause something would happen, i can only tell you if i'm ready and i can go i'll go.
last time when i when to badlands i saw a few runners but they were complete moroons, they were driving like they were in the baja or something really fast, idiots!!! hope wasn't you or your buddies.
later
Oz.
HAHA...it definitely wasnt us. Well not when I go with them atleast. I hate them damn washboard roads!