Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

RECALL - 01-04 Tacomas, 01-02 4Runners, 02-04 Sequoia/Tundra. Updated 7-27-05

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CynicX
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ubbthreads/files/522078-May05RecallSpecs.jpg on this server. ...
D'oh!... Sorry 'bout that... Looks like 4-Runnin' Freak has taken care of it (Thanx, 'Freak!....).
Old 05-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Kamr0n
speaking of ford's i HAD one. they suck. side thought, a GM owner at my office, was caught saying: "I just wait till i have a few problems then i take it to the dealer and let them have it for a few days."
i've said that about my Toyota...and I finally am gonna do it cause of this recall.....

Little things like passenger side power mirror not working, windsheild wipers not going down all the way 95% of the time and really bad axle wrap due to a dry slip yoke. I was gonna wait till the warrenty got closer to ending since I dont have time to goto the Toyota dealership (45min) in the middle of the day every month to have something else fixed.

oh and a worn out ball joint isnt gonna kill anyone. well unless the problem is a lot more severe then someone mentioned in a previous post. So you cant really compare this to Fords recall, like Toyota is decending from heaven to repair a million death traps, cause they arent.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:25 PM

i've said that about my Toyota...and I finally am gonna do it cause of this recall.....

Little things like passenger side power mirror not working, windsheild wipers not going down all the way 95% of the time and really bad axle wrap due to a dry slip yoke. I was gonna wait till the warrenty got closer to ending since I dont have time to goto the Toyota dealership (45min) in the middle of the day every month to have something else fixed.

oh and a worn out ball joint isnt gonna kill anyone. well unless the problem is a lot more severe then someone mentioned in a previous post. So you cant really compare this to Fords recall, like Toyota is decending from heaven to repair a million death traps, cause they arent.
With the attitude you have about Toyota why don't you just sell yours and buy something else? That way you wouldn't have such an erge to run them down or constantly bitch about your's :cry: ,Lol. Mike
Old 05-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Beartracker
With the attitude you have about Toyota why don't you just sell yours and buy something else? That way you wouldn't have such an erge to run them down or constantly bitch about your's :cry: ,Lol. Mike
i'm sorry my job doesnt permit me to goto the dealership every month. I'm sorry if my attitude has somehow made my truck break apparently. If the word "constantly" to you means one post then I appoligize for that too. As a matter of fact if you can find ONE other thread I started that even MENTIONS my wipers, mirrors or axle wrap then I'll paypal you 100 bucks.

But this thread is about Toyota's not about personal attacks toward other forum member so if you have a problem with me, PM me dont bring it into this thread? OK?

Also grow up a little and watch your mouth this is a family forum. If somehow my truck breaking down bothers you so much you need to make a point of making a post about it at least post it in an appropriate forum. Which this forum doesnt provide so go somewhere else.

Last edited by CynicX; 05-21-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:44 PM

i'm sorry my job doesnt permit me to goto the dealership every month. I'm sorry if my attitude has somehow made my truck break apparently. If the word "constantly" to you means one post then I appoligize for that too. As a matter of fact if you can find ONE other thread I started that even MENTIONS my wipers, mirrors or axle wrap then I'll paypal you 100 bucks.

But this thread is about Toyota's not about personal attacks toward other forum member so if you have a problem with me, PM me dont bring it into this thread? OK?

Also grow up a little and watch your mouth this is a family forum. If somehow my truck breaking down bothers you so much you need to make a point of making a post about it at least post it in an appropriate forum. Which this forum doesnt provide so go somewhere else.
Don't have any idea who you think you are telling me to move on. I never made a personal attack on you at any time, you are makeing it personal now. You are the one slamming Toyota on a Toyota form and then acting like a kid with a temper tamtrum when someone points that out to you and your telling me to grow up? Lol. Read what you have posted on this thread alone and another of your comments again about how you don't have the time to drive to the Toyota dealer every day . Lighten up kid or buy a Chev. and git a life . No one needs your bad mouthing Toyota here or your cocky punk comments about me or any other person on this form.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

I'll PM you then...since obviously you think me telling everyone my windows shield wipers broke one time is SLAMMING Toyota.

Last edited by CynicX; 05-22-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:56 AM

I'll PM you then...since obviously you think me telling everyone my windows shield wipers broke one time is SLAMMING Toyota.
You are a very disturbed young man if you really believe that's all you said about your Toyota. Lol. We all know that anyway just from post like the one you just made.

since obviously you think me telling everyone my windows shield wipers broke one time is SLAMMING Toyota
Old 05-22-2005, 07:59 AM

I rest my case...again
Old 05-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

I'm sure those where interesting and helpful post. Feel free to grow up and realize that I dont care what youre saying. I wouldnt think anyone else looking at recall information cares too much about whatever it is youre going on about either.

Beartracker
This message is hidden because Beartracker is on your ignore list.

I appoligize to everyone for not ignoring his first comment to begin with. If an admin or mod wants to delete our post it will probably benefit this thread. Sorry again.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:41 AM

I'm sure those where interesting and helpful post. Feel free to grow up and realize that I dont care what youre saying. I wouldnt think anyone else looking at recall information cares too much about whatever it is youre going on about either.

Beartracker
This message is hidden because Beartracker is on your ignore list.

I appoligize to everyone for not ignoring his first comment to begin with. If an admin or mod wants to delete our post it will probably benefit this thread. Sorry again.
Lol. Now your starting to show a little class.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:17 PM

I got a little more information about the company that makes the ball joints. This company, who ever it is also make ball joints for Ford and some other company (can't remember there name). Toyota got the shaft on this deal. Ford is doing a silent recall on all this problem. So its not just Toyota having a problem.

Well, it's time to go to bed.

Hope the information I provided was helpfull.

Old 05-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by trd90toyota
From what I picked up from my regional leader, it affects people that do major wheeling.
When we took my IFS off the upper ball joints were just about to rip out of the base casting. One was cracked and ripping out, it did not have far to go.

But then again those were 1999 upper ball joints. Which would not be part of this recall.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
When we took my IFS off the upper ball joints were just about to rip out of the base casting. One was cracked and ripping out, it did not have far to go.

But then again those were 1999 upper ball joints. Which would not be part of this recall.
How long ago did you take the IFS out?...Could you determine what the problem was? Dirt in there? Did you run it hard?

Seems pretty bad to be about to rip out...
Old 05-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

How long ago did you take the IFS out?...Could you determine what the problem was? Dirt in there? Did you run it hard?

Seems pretty bad to be about to rip out...
Took it out in Feb. Look at my site if you want to see what I did. I ran it hard. My vehicle is not in the reacall, so let not fill this thread up with off topic stuff. No dirt, they were just pulling out. Now I have a Dana 44 should last alot longer.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok,ok! here's my 2 cents!
As a former Toy tech I will advise you all, Toy definetly takes care of there customers, no sh**! I remember the HG recalls on the 3.0, rental cars..! The Terdcel, again rental cars! I have a Tacoma under the recall, will they take care of my a**! you bet ya! I know the ins and out of this business! Damn, it was 6 vehicles that they found these bad BJ on, now Toyota is going all out on a full recall! That's Customer service and PR! That's why Toyota is gaining on GM and Ford! Hey, I love it! If Toyota has a problem they fix it within the year, a lesson they learned from the 3.0 HG recall!True story ladies and Gents! I will sign off, I love my TACO!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by nunsa
ok,ok! here's my 2 cents!
As a former Toy tech I will advise you all, Toy definetly takes care of there customers, no sh**! I remember the HG recalls on the 3.0, rental cars..! The Terdcel, again rental cars! I have a Tacoma under the recall, will they take care of my a**! you bet ya! I know the ins and out of this business! Damn, it was 6 vehicles that they found these bad BJ on, now Toyota is going all out on a full recall! That's Customer service and PR! That's why Toyota is gaining on GM and Ford! Hey, I love it! If Toyota has a problem they fix it within the year, a lesson they learned from the 3.0 HG recall!True story ladies and Gents! I will sign off, I love my TACO!

Thank you!!!

I got a little more information. This is not an offical recall, recalls are given out by the goverment, this is a Speical Servise Campane. So that means it is Toyota doing this, not a goverment mandate. That's all I got for now!

Last edited by trd90toyota; 05-27-2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by trd90toyota
Speical Servise Campane.

"Special Service Campaign" Lol Sorry my OCD is too much right now.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

Someone needs to edit the title of this thread to reflect the 02-04 Tundras as well.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:39 AM

I doubt the sludgemobile owners agree with nunsa's perspective on Toyota's customer service.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Or those that have had their replacement head gaskets also fail!!!
P.S. I did not get a loaner car when my headgasket was replaced. I asked but they said only if it took more than one day which it did not.

Quick Reply: RECALL - 01-04 Tacomas, 01-02 4Runners, 02-04 Sequoia/Tundra. Updated 7-27-05