Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

NWOR mail order only?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NWOR mail order only?

Sorry did someone say NWOR has gone mail order only? Interestingly enough, call me naieve, but I never knew they were so close to me (only a hop skip and jump over the border for me in Bellingham, WA).

If they have gone mail order only, why don't you ask them to deliver from their warehouse to their warehouse and park your truck outside? (Ok that was tongue in cheek - but really, who wants to pay for shipping costs if you don't need to?)
Old 06-19-2005, 02:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I live in B'ham and drove by a couple weeks ago and saw the store empty and the gate closed during regular business hours. I called and found out they are only doing phone/catalog/internet sales now. Not that I would have ever bought from them anyway......
Old 06-19-2005, 03:19 PM

That is good. I guess as a phone/mail order only business they can "hide" from the masses of irate, dissatisfied customers out there (I am one of them).
Old 06-19-2005, 03:25 PM

But haven't the majority of the complaints concerning them been to do with shipping/mail orders anyways (or so I've heard?). I thought the benefits of an actual store is you could go there, get what you want with no BS (you're dangling the $$$ in front of their face literally) and go home.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

I've gotten all my stuff there and have had to probs with BS, they actually have pretty good service if you're face to face. But ya they closed retail about 4 months ago
Old 06-19-2005, 06:35 PM

Probably tired of facing irrate customers face to face. I am in the middle of a dispute with them at the moment. It's been going on for two months now. I guess the fact that I'm 3,000 miles away helps them get away with screwing me. I bought the sway bar kit from them during their moving sale. The front one does not fit. First they swore up and down it was the right part, now they just refuse to get back in touch with me. How do they stay in business?
Old 06-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by enutter
How do they stay in business?
looks like they are going to not be in buseiness for much longer. I dont care for them much
Old 06-19-2005, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by DudeBud
looks like they are going to not be in buseiness for much longer. I dont care for them much
What makes you say that?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by CoedNaked
What makes you say that?
just a hunch. most people I know dont like paying high shipping charges and high prices.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought some stuff there and they didn't seem to rip me off at all.
They seemed to have pretty good service and shipping (I ordered by phone).
Old 06-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I bought from them back in the early 90s and had good success.
Not so when I got some poly stuff for the 4Runner.

Some bushings did not fit, and they wanted me to measure them with calipers which I did not own.
They would not take them back unless I did so.
They were not expensive, so I chalked it up to never ever ordering from them again.

They have a bad track record, check any off road forum with a search for NWOR.
Search our vendor feedback area here, plenty of info.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:38 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
That's really a bummer, they carried a lot of good stuff that others don't. Pretty soon all that'll be left is 4WP (ugh!) and hardcore specialty shops.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Flamedx4
That's really a bummer, they carried a lot of good stuff that others don't. Pretty soon all that'll be left is 4WP (ugh!) and hardcore specialty shops.
Well there is still Downey too. But my biggest thing as far as needs from NWOR is their headers. I'm really keeping things in the back of my mind for later when I have the work done and the NWOR headers from the impression I get from various responses on various boards are arguably the highest quality header in production for the 3.0 3vze (the Downey a close second from the impression I get again - any others?).

I just don't understand how they can consistently have such a crappy reputation. For instance a company I used to work for would take the company truck in to a Ford dealership for it's regular servicing. There was a bad apple working in service there who was an absolute A-hole. We wrote a letter, and heard of a few others writing bad letters, and the guy was fired. Problem solved. Never had issues with service again.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Yeah I had never been screwed by them before until this last purchase. They sent me the wrong part and are trying to stick me with $200 worth of merchandise that won't fit my truck. How is it my fault? I am starting to think it was my fault, by doing business with them. If they haven't screwed you yet, just give them time.

Oh yeah, I was going to order their headers too. But that is too risky when you are talking about that much money. They would probably send me headers for a different vehicle, insist it is the right part, refuse to call me back, and hideout in their new warehouse on the west coast.

This is what happens when you deal with them:

Last edited by enutter; 06-20-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:28 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Originally Posted by enutter
Yeah I had never been screwed by them before until this last purchase. They sent me the wrong part and are trying to stick me with $200 worth of merchandise that won't fit my truck. How is it my fault? I am starting to think it was my fault, by doing business with them. If they haven't screwed you yet, just give them time.

Oh yeah, I was going to order their headers too. But that is too risky when you are talking about that much money. They would probably send me headers for a different vehicle, insist it is the right part, refuse to call me back, and hideout in their new warehouse on the west coast.

This is what happens when you deal with them:
Word. EVen if it was TOTALLY your fault, in this day and age you take care of your customer anyway, cheerfully, or someone else will! I don't know those guys personally, but they are doomed if that is how they intend to do business. Did the company sell to new owners in recent years maybe? I see this type of thing when the boss who built the business retires and sells to the employees. They don't/never did understand what it takes to make the business work.

I noticed their part numbers in their catalog are wrong a lot of the time, or the descriptions for what they fit is wrong. So their problems aren't just with their attitudes.

Last edited by Flamedx4; 06-22-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:07 AM

Old 06-24-2005, 02:49 PM

I will never go there again. They totally gave me the run around and wouldn't taske back the wrong parts they gave me. Tried to make it seem like it was my fault. So they lost this one.