95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

i HATE ups

Old 04-01-2004, 07:41 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i HATE ups

UPS is an evil corporation. if you are at all interested, read on:

i ordered clear corners & bumper turn signals from jason burtman and they were sent around monday, march 22nd, with a friday, march 26th arrival date.

i called ups on the 26th to say i wont be home for their delivery EVER (i work all day then go to the gym / run errands after work and thus dont get home till at least 7pm), and to just leave the package at the pickup depot in the next town over.

they say sure, no prob, itll be there tomorrow for sure. i go to the package pickup depot that monday (went away for the weekend) to find that theyd messed up and sent it back out on the truck. ok, that sucks, but i said no biggie, just have it for me tomorrow (tuesday). Tuesday morning i get a message on my voicemail from ups saying theyd screwed up again and it wouldnt be there till wednesday (yesterday). SO yesterday i go in just before the 6pm pickup time limit and find it was put BACK ON THE TRUCK AGAIN!

after a lot of raised voices and expressing the fact that im very annoyed, they say to come back at 8pm and go straight to the main depot (where the trucks go in and drop packages directly) to pick it up. i go there last night at 8pm and NO PACKAGE! the lady has no idea where it is, and it is not among the packages that are sitting held on the side for others in my exact same predicament!

UGH! I still dont have it and if they dont give it to me tomorrow, im going to demand free shipping around the world for a year!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:46 AM

Use FED EX!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:48 AM

Yeah their policy of "one failed delivery before they will hold it" even if you call WAY ahead of time has caused me headaches on more than one occasion. UPS is still better than Airborne Express which is abysmal.

Last edited by newheeler; 04-01-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:50 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by NX Tacoma
Use FED EX!!!
tell that to jason!
Old 04-01-2004, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate UPS because they charge $40 EXTRA for anything coming from outside Canada!
They claim it is for paperwork....we'll that's funny, why doesn't Fedex charge too then!!!

They suck!

Last edited by MTL_4runner; 04-01-2004 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:59 AM

i try to use FEDEX whenever possible...
Old 04-01-2004, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
I hate UPS because they charge $40 EXTRA for anything coming from outside Canada!
They claim it is for paperwork....we'll that's funny, why doesn't Fedex charge too then!!!

They suck!

Im glad they do. Otherwise I wouldnt have a job.

You know, they really dont have a good way to have them hold packages, besides call and say, "get that for me when it comes off the truck", and somebody has to go and find the truck and have the driver give them the package. You would think there would be a better way.

I know it means nothing coming from me, but I've had far worse service from Fedex.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Contributing Member

I work for U.p.s. and use fedex. Don't ship USPS if you want to track you package, their tracking system sucks along with the fact that they'll leave a package at a certain point for 2-3 days for no reason. I had a package shipped USPS in the same state and tracked it, it took 5 days to get here.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:53 AM
lee
Contributing Member

ive had no problems with fedex or usps (besides usps being about a day slower overall than fedex), but ups -- this is the 3rd time ive had problems... never this bad though. my roomate had this exact same situation play out for him about a month ago too.

they are TERRIBLE!!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Contributing Member

Thats funny. No matter what company delivers here to Abilene, they just leave it on the doorstep no mater how it was sent...signitures..hell, that doesn't matter..they leave it.

Sometimes I like it..others it makes me so mad becaue the suff is worth a lot and they just leave it.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Krash
I work for U.p.s. and use fedex. Don't ship USPS if you want to track you package, their tracking system sucks along with the fact that they'll leave a package at a certain point for 2-3 days for no reason. I had a package shipped USPS in the same state and tracked it, it took 5 days to get here.
That is the truth about USPS! I shipped a package to someone that lived 15 miles away. It took 4 days. The woman asked if I wanted to spend and extra $1.45 for priority, I thought she was crazy. I guess I should have came off the cash. How it is cost effective for them to sit on a package for 3 extra days is beyond me.

I like FedEx Express. Fedex ground sucks as bad as UPS. For some reason ground only delivers to residential in the evening. I guess they figure that is when people are home which is not bad unless you are expecting something and have to waste a day waiting for it. In my area you can not pick up FedEx ground packages. They still function as if they were still RPS.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

News just in!!!!!!

UPS and FEDEX have merged into a new company called:

FEDUP.

Sorry for the bad humor...
Old 04-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

When Steve sent me some Sonoran stuff I ordered from him, it had been pouring down rain all day, and UPS just left the package on my doorstep.

Upside for me, is that everything was metal, so it resulted in no problems, but what if it had been something more important. The paper instructions he sent were ruined and soaking wet.

Bill
Old 04-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

I get kinda leary of things being left on your stoop.;nice thief magnets.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

UPS left my slightly overpriced Borla cat-back (gigantic box!) sitting inplain sight on the porch. Now its not a bad street (cul-de sac in eagle rock) but come-on, people have gotta be curious about box big enough to have a mail-order bride in it.
:pat:
it was there when I got in, so all's well that ends well, I guess.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:31 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i guess you just have to have some faith sometimes?

i finally got my box -- everyone who needs clear corners etc, please do buy from jason. the products are of really high quality, i'm very impressed. the shipping materials he used are great too. good work jason.

bad work, ups!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:29 PM
lee
Contributing Member

just installed the clear corners, doing the turning signals tomorrow.

holy crap, they look amazing! seriously, buy from jason, his products are terrific!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:01 PM

Old 04-04-2004, 11:20 AM

UPS - (U)ndelivered, (P)ounded and (S)plit. In my experience that describes about 50% of the deliveries I've tried to get from them.

Toyo Master
Old 04-04-2004, 01:11 PM

UPS, Fedex, and USPS they all screw up at some point with everyone. I`ve used them all and have had excellent and terrible service with each one. What can you do? You can`t live with out them? Suck it up and ask for a refund. That is the good thing about UPS is that they will give you back your shipping fee if not delivered on time. I got my money back twice due to not delivered on time out of the hundreds of times I shipped.