Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Front Springs Going on My 2001 Runner

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Springs Going on My 2001 Runner

Can anyone help id which color codes go on the driver side compared to the passenger side? I would normally sit them next to each other and see which is taller and throw that one on the driver side, but the are already mounted.

Colors are blue/blue and red/blue.

I am also not sure where these springs came off of, so trying to search for this answer has been frustrating and now I am hoping someone knows the answer.

These are going on my 2001 sr5 4x4 4runner. If anyone see's any issues with these going on let me know, but I think I am good if I can figure out the colors.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sonoran Steel website has a wealth of info on springs. Try there and see if that is any help.

If if remember correctly the drivers side spring will be slightly longer than the passenger side. So compare lengths and see if that yields any clue.

Double and triple check before you mount them up. Sure would be a pain to get it wrong and have to re-do it.

T4R.org is 4Runner specific and you may get good results over there. Search color codes google and this forum and T4R.

Good luck. See you around town.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. That link has a lot of great info, but I am still not able to locate any info on my particular color codes and since that are mounted, its hard to see which one is longer.

The other issue I am running into now that has me second guessing myself is that these Shocks are the Bilstein B46-2284-HO, which are for the 95.5-04 tacoma. I checked with a few shops and they all seem to think they will "work", but I have read a lot on the different forums about using taco fronts for 4runners and it seems that most do not recommend.

My only saving grace with that is that no one that I know of has talked about these shocks, they have always talked about the BE5 shocks from bilstein not being that great for 4runners. Any insight to this or any threads I might have missed that talk about this?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try shockwarehouse.com and compare Bilstein part numbers. I do believe there are shocks specific to the 4Runner and different shocks specific to the Tacoma-but as people say they "should work"

I ran similar Bilsteins on my 99 4Runner and would have to agree they were not that great.

Check your measurements up front- ground to fender well for drivers side and passenger side. If you're even close to level then all is good. Who installed them?

I have to think they knew better than us what they were doing and got them correct. Hope this has helped somewhat....