Offroad Tech Discussion pertaining to additions or questions which improve off-road ability, recovery and safety, such as suspension, body lifts, lockers etc
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd gen rear links build questions and more

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd gen rear links build questions and more

Hey guys, have been a non member frequent user of yota tech for several years, love this place. I currently have a 3rd gen 4runner and am doing a complete rebuild of all the suspension. The trick is I live in Niger, Africa. I am currently in the states and working on buying all the parts to bring back with me. I can't get any parts shipped over there (they won't make it) so I just had a few questions i was hoping someone could answer.

This is what I have

front:
ext travel Icon coilers
total Chaos Upper control arm
moog lower control arm bushings (anything else y'all would recommend?)
spindel gussets
shock bucket gussets
Moog inner and outer tie rod ends (
1" diff drop

Rear
toyotec superflex lift springs
extended travel Long Travel Bilstein 5100s
I will also be cutting off all the mounts and brackets on the rear axle and welding new as they are all rusted out and bent.

my questions,

1. All the sway bar end links need replaced. will factory length links work? (front and rear) brand recommendation?

2. Any recommendation on some tough CV boots?

3. All my rear links are shot. I am thinking about building my own links but wanted some advice on that. I only have one opportunity to get the right parts as I can't just order more and get them sent to Niger. Also, what is the best route adjustable uppers and lowers? just uppers? just lowers? I have read on here and a few other sites and there seem to be conflicts of opinions and I really don't understand the physics of it all.

My rig us a daily driver but that being said it is in Niger and 90% off road/bad roads in Africa. sorry for the long post and seemingly dumb questions but I won't be able to hook up parts and then measure or get wrong parts and send them back.

thanks