Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Anyone know of this grille?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know of this grille?

I believe this one is another Jason Burtman custom grille, that he will put up on sale soon, *hint hint*, but in case I might be wrong, any ideas on where to find it. It looks really really good.

Sorry for the hotlink Jason.

TIA,
Marko
Old 12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

Are you talking about the mesh grille?

I would just contact him directly about it and see what he says.

Fink
Old 12-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
Are you talking about the mesh grille?

I would just contact him directly about it and see what he says.

Fink
Yes I am talkin' about the mesh grille!!! I am glad to see someone is in the same boat as me. I just don't wanna e-mail the poor guy again, because I have done so twice in the past, and still haven't ordered anything from him. The time will come!

Anyways, I was thinking that the mesh is the secret, I'll just get an aftermarket OEM style chrome grille (I have the fugly plastic one right now) and put the mesh in, but it would be nice if a WHOLE grill/mesh setup would be for sale.

Summary...I won't contact him until I have the bank to order it for sure.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:28 PM

Go old build custom
One off
stand alone
Old 12-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

check out your local Kragen's/Checker's/Autozone/NAPA and look in the rice section. They have some chromed out gutter guards that you can use.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
check out your local Kragen's/Checker's/Autozone/NAPA and look in the rice section. They have some chromed out gutter guards that you can use.
It's all gonna take time though, which I am trying to avoid. I'd have to buy a grill and then find a way to attach the mesh. A package would be so much easier. But if it comes down to doing custom work, I guess I'll deal with it.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Contributing Member

That's one thing I was gonna ask...did you want it chrome? If not a lotta guys on here have used screen, try a SEARCH and you should be able to find it...Jonathan's name comes to mind but I might be wrong.

Fink
Old 12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

That's one thing I was gonna ask...did you want it chrome? If not a lotta guys on here have used screen, try a SEARCH and you should be able to find it...Jonathan's name comes to mind but I might be wrong.

Fink
Chrome looks so nice, I know you guys like the whole black dark thing, and I agree, for a "cool" lookin' trail rig. But being that my truck is mostly a DD, it really adds to the image of it...I mean you can't say the truck above looks bad, unless you really hate chrome.

So yeah, I am lookin' for chrome, and I SEARCHED, and i DIDN'T FIND anything about THAT grille.

Just because your thread got locked, there is no reason to bulley up on people now .

Just messin' with you Fink, happens to the best of us.

Thanks for trying though!

Marko
Old 12-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by marko3xl3
It's all gonna take time though, which I am trying to avoid. I'd have to buy a grill and then find a way to attach the mesh. A package would be so much easier. But if it comes down to doing custom work, I guess I'll deal with it.
Okay so you don't want to PM the guy whose picture you posted up and you don't want to check out your local auto shops... what exactly do you want?

EDIT:
Check out Ebay. I haven't yet heard of any company that sells specific kits but someone on Ebay may have an easy kit for you to buy. Be forewarned though, it'll cost you more than if you just checked it out for yourself.

Last edited by Tacoma Dude; 12-11-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
Okay so you don't want to PM the guy whose picture you posted up and you don't want to check out your local auto shops... what exactly do you want?
I want to know if anyone has ever seen that specific grill assembly for sale/knows where to find it. But I guess no one here has, so maybe I'll just end up deleting the thread, because I am just gettin' ÅÅÅÅ for it anyways. I was just trying to make a thread because up until now, I was sure more than one person (me) would be intersted in this.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

Dude...nobody is gettin mad or anything.

It was just unclear what you wanted to get out of this thread...basically you want to know if anybody knows where you can get a chrome grille with mesh like that right?

I think the actual structure of the grille is from Toyota and then the mesh is obviously aftermarket.

I would just IM Jason and ask him about it...just $.02

Fink
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
marko,

i am 99% there is nothing special about buying and inserting the mesh grill material inside the vent slits in it. for the satoshi grill mod, the metal is still fairly pliable. you may want to go to your local auto parts store in the "rice" section (as tacoma suggested) and check out the various kinds of material. the more pliable, the better, but not *too pliable*. ebay is another good source, but not really so since you cant judge the flexibility of it online

bob
Old 12-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Contributing Member

Dude...nobody is gettin mad or anything.

It was just unclear what you wanted to get out of this thread...basically you want to know if anybody knows where you can get a chrome grille with mesh like that right?

I think the actual structure of the grille is from Toyota and then the mesh is obviously aftermarket.

I would just IM Jason and ask him about it...just $.02

Fink
Tired brains think unwell.

I am sorry about the trouble, and thanks for IM'ing Jason, Fink. I feel like a complete retard now. Therefore, I believe I will delete this thread and come up with another one with an answer, which might be a write-up too.

Gracias,
Buenas Noche,
Marko
Old 12-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

Good luck man!

Fink
Old 12-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by marko3xl3

Sorry if my post came off as harsh - I didn't see this post above and didn't realize you were looking for a kit. So I was a bit confused...
Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Case closed. Jason has the grille mesh on sale on his site. Only reason I couldn't find it is because it's listen under a 1999. I would have thought about that if it wasn't so late.

Thanks for all the help dudes, sorry if I got a little ticked too. I'll just leave the thread up as an example of my stupidy and as a resolution for anyone who wants to have a grille like Jason's. Thanks to you too BTW, Jason.