86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good looking rig man!!! we should go out wheeling sometime man!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike S.
Agree! Lets hit it!!
Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM

AbeWhat - What part of Chicago? I'm from Chi originally...lived in Elk Grove, Des Plaines, Morton Grove, Algonquin, Shaumburg, Hanover Park, Mt. Prospect and in the city around Sacromento and Devon. I LOVE CHICAGO...where do you wheel? I've never been wheeling anywhere but AZ.

Here is some more pics of that pelican case as promised.

Drilled some holes to hold a bungee for the ratchet set.

Installed a handle on the side to make it easier to pull out because without the carpet it's a lot harder to drag on rubber...but I love not having to care about the dang carpet.(still have it just in case)

this is how the handle is mounted on the inside.

Shot of the KM1's (2 in the rear)

-RONI-

Last edited by AssYriaNrocKer; 07-25-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:22 PM

OME shocks soon?

Originally Posted by lofreqjeff
Agree! Lets hit it!!

Okay guys...

So on the way out of Butcher Jones I was hearing some kind of faint banging noise under the rear driver side wheel well but could not figure it out. Well apparently I did a real half *** job at checking things over because today I found this...

My rusty old shock decided it was going to just pop off!! This is why I always look the truck over the next day after wheeling. This really sucks but to be honest I don't really see it as a set back...more of a slap in the face for not replacing them sooner because I knew I needed to replace them when I got the truck 1 year ago! Noticed a difference in the ride on the way to work today so I knew something was up.

Well I'm hoping to get this fixed and behind me as soon as possible. No more procrastinating...

If possible I would like to go with OME just like the stabilizer.

So as far as a run goes...looks like I'm done till this gets fixed. Jeff it seems as though every time we try and get together something is up with one of our rigs man.lol Hopefully this gets fixed fast because after replacing my ball joints the truck drives like a dream and I fell in love with it all over again.

-RONI-

Old 07-25-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by alex_mcnair
thats great youre always prepared..i know some guys thatll go out without anything..
all you need now is a Hi-lift!
Yes I know a few guys that go un-prepared as well. I like feeling safe when I'm out there...especially in the AZ desert! I honestly still feel under prepared, I would like to have more gear.

Hi-lift jack would be a great addition.

-RONI-

Old 07-25-2011, 01:30 PM

hey man if you need help replacing anything let me know im down for a lil helping out. plus it will get your rig back on the trail. i would put a pic of my sick tool box but im not smart enough to add pics to this thing lol
Old 07-25-2011, 01:37 PM

hey man if you need help replacing anything let me know im down for a lil helping out. plus it will get your rig back on the trail. i would put a pic of my sick tool box but im not smart enough to add pics to this thing lol

I apreciate the offer man but I got all the tools and help I need. But would love to meet in person and check out the rig anyway so I'll hit you up when it happens. Extra hands are always welcome in our garage! Whats gong to take long is getting the cash :/

Open an account on PHOTOBUCKET.COM. After uploading a picture you just copy the IMG code and paste it here. Pretty simple...I'm no computer genius either believe me.

-RONI-
Old 07-25-2011, 01:39 PM

ya man that would be cool, pretty much anytime works for me.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:02 AM

Moved back from CO, staying with friends in Tinley right now. I'm moving back to Chicago's south side, where I'm originally from, soon.

I have a list of things that always stay in the tool box of my truck. I should type it up and put it in the thread about that on here:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...runner-223089/

Tons of wheeling out West in Colorado, I don't know much around here. I did a sand dunes trip to Silver Lake, MI, (pics in my profile/albums), plus there are lots of small state parks and stuff between WI, IN, IL and IN.

Nice rig! Good luck with that shock. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:09 AM

NEW VIDEO!

http://www.youtube.com/user/AssYriaNrocKer?feature=mhee
Old 07-31-2011, 07:11 PM

So okay I will admit...when I had painted my mirrors and grill I didn't use primer......It was getting scratched off super easy didn't look good....SSOOO this weekend I decided I was tired of looking at all the unpainted chrome (Door handles and license plate molding never got painted). So removed the grill, sanded, primed, painted, clear coat. Masked around the mirrors and door handles...same process: sand, prime, paint, clear coat. Removed rear license plate molding and again sanded, primed, painted, clear coat. Needless to say doing it the right way looks much better!! lol Much happier with the result and hopfully clear coat helps protect the paint this time. I also touched up the bumper with the same wrinkle paint I used before. Works good I like the outcome.

Also fixed my dang cigg. lighter. Replaced it with a junk yard one I yanked long ago. Just finally got around to doing that this weekend. Now if I ever get any accessories I can use the plug..cause I sure as hell don't smoke cigarettes!

I guess my rear window had been broken before because there was some glass inside the tailgate that use to move around when I opened it. The noise was so annoying!! Since I had to remove the carpet piece and back panel to remove the plate molding I stuck the vacuum in there and got that all taken care of FINALLY.

BEFORE

REMOVED THAT BROKEN SHOCK

THAT'S RIGHT..MY LADY IS DOWN WITH THE TOYOTA!

AFTER

-RONI-

Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM

Roni- Dig the fact your ladys' helping out...but...did she approve of that shot???? My "WIFE" (now) would totally ring my neck if I showed a shot like that of her.

Got a question for ya.. Maybe now you can help me out. With my new DD I'd like to put a roll on bedliner, like the herculiner. I know what you do for work and that trade with experience would come in handy for me. If there's another product you would recommend because of quality, let me know. I'm really trying to keep this build on a really tight budget and I dont have alot of money to throw at it. If you help me out, the pizzas are on me...and the apple fritter. And by the way, 808Nick said you could have one of his rear shocks....I'll see if we have anything lying around the shop at work as well.

-Ted
Old 07-31-2011, 08:47 PM

way to go man! im thinking of painting all my chrom black too, thats after i get new bumpers and stuff.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I still need to black out my rig... tired of the chrome.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is factory "de-chromed" Suckas.

Looks good!

So does your truck
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Thanks guys..if your thinking about doing it....do it...worth the effort for suuuurrreee!! I love cheap mods that make a big diff.

Ted - haha yes she's cool with it...hows the married life man? Glad to see you back on Yotatech...at least this time it's suppose to be 2wd right?? P.M being sent.

So any way today I got a ride to work and back in this....

Way cool way to wake up at 530am hahahaha. Kinda scary on the highway...gas tank up front...low to the ground...no doors...fiber glass..you get the idea?lol It's a co-workers dads toy...hes using it for the week and since I drive everyday he's driving this week. My first time being in a "buggie" pretty cool. I like the 4 short gears lol

Next week he will have a 1995 Ford Bronco....we'll see how that goes.....................

-RONI-

Old 08-14-2011, 05:26 PM

So had an interesting Friday at work...we had the painting rig in my co-workers truck driving through some grass (so we can reach what we were painting) and guess what....fat Chevy low riders = not good off road! lol

Couple days before that we used my truck but, I LOVE my truck and am not trying to get paint all over it so that's not happening again...however I damaged my truck a little while pulling his heavy *** Chevy out I guess that's what I get for not having a proper tow point...I didn't even have a proper strap. Had to use a loop strap and a chain. (had to cut my strap off after towing another friend home when his fuel pump went out.)

Here's some pics....

I will post a pic of the damage tomorrow.

The day we used my tuck...

btw fun fact this truck has lambo doors and they are SOOOO ANNNNOOOYYIIINNGGG...--i'm not the biggest fan of this vehicle--

I'm pretty sure people in traffic were wondering what the hell we were doing in grass with that low rider when we had a perfectly capable 4runner right there. lol

-RONI-
Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 AM

Here's a pic of what happen to my tailgate after pulling him out....I need to invest in proper straps and tow points for sure. The paint is all cracked and pealing off in that spot now

Also bought 2 KM2's put them in the rear and the KM1's in the front. Getting 2 more as soon as my alignment problems are taken care of.

Oh and btw....Will be getting the following from Sierra Expeditions this weekend...

OME

Rear Springs
Rear Shocks
Front Shocks
Torsion Bars

HOLY ISH!!!

-RONI-

Old 08-19-2011, 06:34 AM

Oh yeah I also just ordered the weld on turn signal kit from trail gear....I HATE not having front turn signals but never liked how they looked on the bumper.

Then again safety before style right? 29$ from trail-gear.com
Old 08-19-2011, 06:37 AM

OH wait wait ALSO....going to be doing the Herculiner in my cargo area this weekend

-RONI-

Quick Reply: AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread