86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread

Hello Yota lovers!

So Last June I traded my 1987 Land cruiser for a 1995 4Runner!

I'm loving it! Yotatech has been so helpful, been finding a lot of great tips and mods! The rig runs great! Got the "bulletproof" 22RE, a little under powered but gets the job done! Went off-road for the very first time in this thing and it was a beast. I live in Phoenix,AZ so its an hour or so drive to hundreds of 4x4 trails.

Got into a small front end collision about 1 month after getting the truck... BUT I took the opportunity to remove and replace the bumper. I also got a hood and fender from the junkyard and had the front end painted and restored in less than 2weeks. Stressful 2 weeks but I hated seeing the truck like that!!

Things I've done so far:
Cleaned throttle body
Cleaned cabin fan
Removed fender flares
Removed mud flaps
New brake pads and shoes
K&N air filter
Trail Gear front bumper
BFG All-Terrains 31x10.5xr15
Window tint
Replaced front axles
Mag light mod
Fire extinguisher mod
Diff. breather mods
TRD shift knob
Black pinstripe
Black antenna
Second towing hook
Red top Optima
Removed rear bumper
Rear Aussie locker
Painted grill,mirrors, and door handles

Bunch of pics below...comments and questions always welcome!

-RONI-

What it looked like when I first got my hands on it!!

the accident...

All fixed and ready for my first time out! 4x4 at Pioneer off of I-17...nothing too serious for my first time out

The interior is in perfect condition.....a little dusty from the trail

Mag Light and extinguisher mods

Doing the brakes

Picked up some black rims with the tires for CHEAP!

(That's a Subaru sponsored dog named SCOOBY!) lol

Rear bumper removal.

The Toyota pumpkin I did this year!

And of course the girlfriends car/parts runner!!! Not one problem with it since it was purchased! GOTTA LOVE TOYOTA!!

Last edited by AssYriaNrocKer; 02-07-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rig has defiantly come a loooooong way...
Old 10-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks awesome man. Keep it up!
Old 10-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Crimson Yota
Looks awesome man. Keep it up!

Thanks man

A lot of blood sweat and tears!!!!!.....All worth it in the end!

-RONI-

Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 PM

nice truck and sweet license plate!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by AWorth
nice truck and sweet license plate!

Thanx man,

I couldn't believe it wasn't taken!

-RONI-
Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM

It has definitely come a long way man! lookin good!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Youtube video

So I just made my first youtube video!

Pretty short and nothing really crazy on it but I like the song. After the Aussie finally gets installed I will make a better more exciting video!

Anyway here it is Rate, Comment, Enjoy!

(I don't know how to post a video so here's a link)

http://www.youtube.com/user/AssYriaNrocKer?feature=mhum

-RONI-

Last edited by AssYriaNrocKer; 01-05-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Just watched the video and couldn't believe it was that hard to get up the hill...was your 4Wd not engaged? Well..anyhow, after we get that lunch box locker installed you shouldn't have a problem with it...but thats for the next run...always nice to see how what you've done as far as mod's has improved its off-road prowess. I'd like to run that trail with you guys as a shake down for mine...still need to get it registered and at the moment, I have the fuel injectors pulled ready for the servicing (like witchhunter performance). Found a local company who does the same type of work and for less per injector and I dont have the cost of shipping either.

-Ted
Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 PM

NIce truck, I really like the stance of it with the TG bumper. How is MPG in the Runner? Been looking for a 22re 2nd gen runner because it fits more ppl.

I like the vid too. Once you get that Aussie installed, it'll make a BIG difference.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey man! I have a 22re powered '95 as well

You want more power our of her? Replace the exhaust with 2" or 2.25" piping and a new cat. Realllllly helps out Or even just replacing the cat will help i'm suuuure.

I love the tan interiors. They are so much more plush looking than grey, especially when the outside is grey also... ( like mine)
Old 01-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by snowshredder555
Just watched the video and couldn't believe it was that hard to get up the hill...was your 4Wd not engaged? Well..anyhow, after we get that lunch box locker installed you shouldn't have a problem with it...but thats for the next run...always nice to see how what you've done as far as mod's has improved its off-road prowess. I'd like to run that trail with you guys as a shake down for mine...still need to get it registered and at the moment, I have the fuel injectors pulled ready for the servicing (like witchhunter performance). Found a local company who does the same type of work and for less per injector and I dont have the cost of shipping either.

-Ted
Not gonna lie man it was pretty steep. The pickup is super light as it is not to mention my truck was full of passengers. But I think if I had adjusted a few rocks I would've (possibly) made it. It's really just an area with a bunch of trails running through it. Usually has a lot of water and thats always fun! Not sure if we're allowed there but haven't gotten a complaint yet and plus we always see quads and what not running through there. It's around the 303 and Happy Valley rd. so it would be quite the drive for you. Good luck with he injectors and def. get that thing registered so we can have some fun!

-RONI-

Originally Posted by Jaino240
NIce truck, I really like the stance of it with the TG bumper. How is MPG in the Runner? Been looking for a 22re 2nd gen runner because it fits more ppl.

I like the vid too. Once you get that Aussie installed, it'll make a BIG difference.
Thanks Jaino240! Well when I do all highway driving (usually Phoenix to Flagstaff and back) I get around 315-320 miles per tank as far as daily driving I think I average about 285ish per tank. I try to be a very conservative driver at all times for gas mileage and just to be nice to my motor

Glad you enjoyed the video there will be more to come. I'll be posting them here. I'm curious to see if the locker changes my gas mileage. I'm pretty sure it will bring it down but hopefully not drastically. God luck in finding a 22RE man I love myne I'm sure you will to!

-RONI-

Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
Hey man! I have a 22re powered '95 as well

You want more power our of her? Replace the exhaust with 2" or 2.25" piping and a new cat. Realllllly helps out Or even just replacing the cat will help i'm suuuure.

I love the tan interiors. They are so much more plush looking than grey, especially when the outside is grey also... ( like mine)
Anyone with a 22RE is ALWAYS looking for more power! lol New exhaust and cat-I will keep that in mind for sure!

Yeah tan also doesn't show the trail dust too much

only the cool kids have 22REs. We know what's up with them gas prices lol

-RONI-

Old 01-12-2011, 10:57 AM

New video already! Just finished my second ever edited video! Tell me what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AssYriaNrocKer?feature=mhum

Rate,Comment, Enjoy.

-RONI-

Old 01-12-2011, 07:23 PM

Looked good! I especially liked that my runner was in it. Lol. That mud was crazy deep though!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

hay i love my 91 4runner and would never trade her for any thing in the world, but i have to ask why did you sell your landcruiser? from solid axle to ifs? and a straight 6 to a 4cylinder? nice work on your 4runner, looks good.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:55 AM

What about the 22re and gas prices? Uh.. i get like 14 mpg

Its funny that you have a 22re license plate. When my ex and I were still together, she was always hassling me to give her my truck's info so she could get a vanity plate saying 22re
Old 01-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by just call me smithy
hay i love my 91 4runner and would never trade her for any thing in the world, but i have to ask why did you sell your landcruiser? from solid axle to ifs? and a straight 6 to a 4cylinder? nice work on your 4runner, looks good.
Well actually....Previous owner of the 4Runner is my dad! He loved the land cruiser and to be honest I wanted something smaller. I didn't need that huge rig! My dad has two small step daughters and a wife so it suited him a little better. Its never seen a trail!!! We traded and now its sitting in a garage in Chicago where he lives prob. collecting dust cause after he about 2 months he went out and got himself this!

1997 40th Anniversary Edition Land Cruiser

I sometimes regret it but at the same time I just needed a cool trail rig not a tank!! hahaha plus I like having EFI vs carb.

-RONI-

Last edited by AssYriaNrocKer; 01-13-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:07 PM

There she is....was...

-RONI-

Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

Ok makes sence.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks Jaino240! Well when I do all highway driving (usually Phoenix to Flagstaff and back) I get around 315-320 miles per tank as far as daily driving I think I average about 285ish per tank. I try to be a very conservative driver at all times for gas mileage and just to be nice to my motor
315-320 per tank? I'm lucky to see 200.

Quick Reply: AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread