86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

93Xtra-Cab's 1993 Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lewis15498
Nice clean truck. I'm very jealous of your interior.
Thanks! The exterior looks good at a distance. The interior is the one thing that I'm kinda anal about on my truck. I can't let the inside be dirty for too long before I freak out and clean it like a madman. I would post some more recent pics, it's just my phone decided that it doesn't want to send them

Originally Posted by 22repower
Nice Ex Cab Man!
Just curious, how did you mount those fog lights?
Thanks! I mounted them on the valance. I think it looks pretty cool but they bounce a little bit when driving because the valance is a bit flimsy. I was going to put them on top of the bumper in front of the grille, which would have been more solid, but I didn't want to drill into the bumper. The kit came with mounting brackets and bolts. Although, I did get a few rubber washers from work to put in between the bracket and the valance.

Last edited by 93Xtra-Cab; 12-22-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Dee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice truck! I actually have read through your build before. =] is your list of wants in order of what you want done first?

P.s. drill into the bumper, then just replace it down the line with an off-road one. Hehehe
Old 12-22-2011, 10:22 AM

Ehhh, not really. I guess whatever I have money and time for or if the opportunity pops up, I'll go for it. Like I found a roll bar on craigslist that I think I might look at. It's only $75 and I think it would look pretty sweet in the back of my truck.

I was thinking about an offroad bumper at some point but this mainly an on road vehicle. If I were to do anything like that, I'd wait to get it after I put on a lift, hubs, and stuff like that.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Dee

Yeah. I have a list of wants, but the hardest is deciding what I want first, or what I need first. Hehe. So I just do things as I go.

I love the look of the rollbars, specially if you toss some lights on it. I have my topper on.. leaning more towards a camping type thing.

Yeah, I understand. These trucks are pretty nice without a lift, although if you still plan on bj spacers and AAL that's the way I want to go aswell. =]
Old 12-23-2011, 04:56 PM

I've been thinking...instead of doing an add a leaf to compliment my ball joint spacers, I think I'll do the Zuk mod on the rear with TJ coil springs. My uncle has a TJ that he recently put a lift on and I'll see if he still has the springs...I don't know, just a thought...It won't be done anytime soon
Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 PM

Oh, nice truck, I see you are in Maryland, am in lower slower Delaware
Nice to see truck from the very east coast....lol
Old 12-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by RMP8080
Oh, nice truck, I see you are in Maryland, am in lower slower Delaware
Nice to see truck from the very east coast....lol
East coast represent!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:48 AM

Just a little update, in case anyone care I sent my tires off to get balanced at a place by my work. I brought them home, mounted them, and test drove it. At some point in my test drive, I heard a big "rock" fly up and hit my door. I cussed up a storm, but never thought it could have been one of the wheel weights until I went to sleep that night. Next day, I was toying around in the garage and found a strip of wheel weights the same spot where I was taking the tires out of the back of the truck...they must have stuck the weights on the dirt on the back of the rim instead of cleaning them off then sticking them on. Next day, I drove back and had them re do them. After all that, I still have a vibration when I drive...

When my Sport Kings wear out, I'm going to sell my rims and buy all brand new. I have a feeling that one of my rims may be messed up, giving me the vibration.

Hope all's well!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Dee

How much longer do you think you have one your tires? And bummer about the vibration. =[
Old 01-01-2012, 03:20 PM

I bought them in late September and since then I have driven about 4000 miles on them. So I'd say I have a good year at least before I have to buy new.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
Bummer about the driving vibes. I just got a set of used Sportkings on settlies and although they are a little heavy, they ride great. Bummer your not having good luck with them.

What are you thinking about for your next set of tires?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Not really sure. There aren't many companies that make 32x11.5 sizes. I don't want to go up to a 33x12.5 because I'd have to regear. The truck is already a dog with the 32s A lot of the companies that make that size only carry it in a mud terrain and most of those that actually carry it in an all terrain, have very weak looking tread patterns. I'd rather not have a mud terrain due to fuel economy and the fact that I drive it on the road 95% of the time. My choices were the BFG All Terrain, Sport Kings, Pro Comp All Terrain. I decided against the BFGs because of cost and the general fact that everyone else has them and I wanted to be different (I know that sounds stupid). I heard good and bad things about the Pro Comps and the Sport Kings. What it came down to was cost.

If I were to do it again? I could always get a skinnier rim and go down to 31s so I can get Goodyear Duratracs, Dick Cepek FC-IIs, or Kelly Safari TSRs. Or I could buy brand new rims (so I know nothing is wrong with them) of the same width but with different back spacing and stick to the 32s and get Pro-Comp All Terrains. I see you're running their mud terrains. How do you like them?

When the time comes I'll have to decide, I guess.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Nothing really happening lately. It rolled over to 178,000 miles yesterday but didn't take a pic, like I usually do. My phone decided to call it quits. I'm gonna seafoam everything probably Saturday, when I work next (Ace employee discount FTW).
Old 01-05-2012, 04:40 PM

I thought I would post a few recent shots of my interior, even though not much has changed. Some people are really jealous of how clean it is.

Enjoy and envy!

This one shows the switch I installed for my driving lights, another Ace Hardware employee discount score. You can also see that the ashtray in the passenger door is missing. That is the only thing wrong with the interior of my truck

The command center

Random exterior shot. Would've posted this sooner, but had phone issues...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:09 PM

I like your 3-spoke steering wheel, and the door panels, and the buckets seats and the center console, pretty much your whole interior!!!! sweet!!!! Your one lucky dude!!!!
They for for sale ;}LOL J/K
Old 01-05-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanks!! Fortunately, the guy I bought it from took really good care of it. I'm a bit of a neat freak so I can't let it stay dirty for too long before I freakout.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Yeah, clean isn't the word, mine isn't close. Love the seats. Hey we got snow late last night not much but covered the streets.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Dee

Mmmmmm, I love this truck. The interior is so very nice. =]
Old 01-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Well, I had a day off from work today and I figured I'd fix the floormat that has been bugging me. I got a set of Walmarts "premium" rubber floormats with the carpet inserts a long while ago and the carpet in them decided to separate from the rubber. So some 3M Super 77 spray adhesive was a quick fix on that. Today I also got around to using some Seafoam Motor Treatment. I put 1/3 pint in the vacuum lines and the rest in the gas tank. I thought I'd do that stuff now before I went back to college in a week.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 AM

Not much really going on because I went back to college on the 18th. Mainly just a bump

Quick Reply: 93Xtra-Cab's 1993 Pickup