1976 Ford Super Cab Restore - Page 5 - YotaTech Forums

Other Makes Cars/Trucks Own a different car or truck other than a Toyota?

1976 Ford Super Cab Restore

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2017, 02:43 AM   #81
Super Moderator
Staff

Not sure what is going on with Photobucket. I got several pictures I want to post but it is giving me problems. I will wait and see if it comes back up later on. I have gone 4-5 years without missing work and the other day was the first time I have missed in a long time as I got the flu bug. That was some bad stuff. I was inbed for 3 days. I never get sick. Yesterday was the first time out of the house so it was nice to get up and get something done. Wife and one of the kids had a dose of it too. Hope it is out of here.

A while back I pulled the rear tank and it was full of crud. I soaked it in white vinegar and got it cleaned up nice. I flushed it with water and in the sink you can see some of the crud that come out of it. It was just a fraction of what was in it. I then dried the tank with a hair dryer and then vacuumed the rest of the dust out of the tank. It is the first part to go back on the truck. Yesterday I pulled the Auxillary tank and drained 12 gallons of gas out of it. The gas looked nasty but when I looked into the tank, it was clean. I am just going to clean it out with soap and water and then clean and paint the frame in that area.
Terrys87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #82

Glad to see you back at it sir. I spent a few hours last night going through your first gen build thread. I cant believe i missed the entire thing. I think that was during the time i got really sick for those 2 years. Either way, great job as always. Have a great weekend.
flg8r22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #83
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello Tony... You were one of the first to Welcome me to Yotatech and then I do remember you being gone for a while. Glad to see you got over your illness. I am hoping to have a productive weekend if all goes well. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #84
Super Moderator
Staff

For as bad as the gas was in this tank. The tank is clean. I caught a break on that.

I started flushing the brake lines from the Maser Cylinder to the front pads. Drivers side is cleared but passenger side is clogged. The rear brakes I am letting soak to break the nut off of the line that connects to the Slave Cylinder.

I will replace all of the brake system and it will probably be one of the last systems I replace. I dont want the brake fluid just sitting in the system for over a year. I filled the Master Cylinder with Marvel Mystery Oil and start soaking the lines to clear any rust out of the lines.

Rear tank installed and Auxillary tank nearly ready to be installed. Done a lot of cleaning on it. I clean all of the liquid systems as they get dirty. I am also working on the Fuel Lines.

My first small patch panel. It is what attaches from the rocker panel to the floor board. I still have some edges to build up.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #85
Super Moderator
Staff

Been a little busy but did get some time on the Ford and got the fuel tanks cleaned and installed. I need to get the Ford out to get the wrecked 2 wheel drive in the shop to get it finished up.

Justin putting the fuel hoses on to help keep rain out.

Justin wrecked the Ford. While using the 2 wheel to pull the Ford out, he did not turn the wheel far enough and it bumped the shop door. The Ford does not have any bakes on it at this time and when it started rolling he could not stop. Not really his fault. I am just using this to tease him. He did great helping to get the truck out of the shop.

Cab damage. Minor and will be an easy fix. It knocked the trim loose and a minor ding.

Shop door damage and some green paint on the door frame.

Here Justin was helping me by pulling the truck out of the shop with the wreck.

Justin would not sign the damage, I had to sign it for him, hehe, Mom and Justin both got a good laugh.

Damage I did with the Ford a while back so I dont have any room for bugging him. The rear of the frame rolled into it when I was trying to get it in the shop.

Last edited by Terrys87; 04-14-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:22 PM   #86

The old truck is looking better everyday. The dings in the garage add character haha. Have a great weekend!
flg8r22 is offline   Reply With Quote