General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 SR5 4Runner missing fuel pump power......

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 SR5 4Runner missing fuel pump power......

Hello all, I'm still new at this Toyota thing but here it goes. I posted yesterday about a possible sending unit issue. I'm pretty sure I nailed down the sending issue being the actual sender. Another member was able to point me to the sender harness where I measured 15ohms but pretty sure the tank is 3/4 full even though the gauge displays anywhere from total empty to 1/2 full. It changes while i drive. I was satisfied I had that figured out so I plugged the harness back in and tried to start the truck. It would crank strong but not fire. I pulled the harness back off and now discovered I did not have 12v on the fuel pump wiring and I definately had it while testing resistance on the sender. Now I had 125ohms on the sender and the dash gauge matched that. I could only find info that suggested pulling the efi relay under the hood, which I did and that "fixed" the issue..... or so I thought. I left the truck and went back about 4hrs later only to have the same issue again but this time I was unable to get the truck started. I wanted to take it to the gas station to top it all the way off and check sending resistance again but it would not start. It was getting dark so I just left it alone for the night. Will get back to it tomorrow. I cannot find any fuses labeled FUEL PUMP. If anyone could point me in the correct direction I'd greatly appreciate it. I can feel the relay clicking with the key in the on position and I pull out the relay but I don't know for sure if it's opening or closing. Thanks again everyone, Jerome

Last edited by JeromeFuller; 04-08-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Misspelling