General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

WORST thing your wife/girlfriend has done to you rig.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
constantly slams the door getting out of it because apparently its impossible to learn that this door isn't as heavy as my last cars.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

Received 463 Likes on 309 Posts
My husband drives this and I was the one who did some rearranging so I guess it counts...
Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by MP's4R
.......... decides to have an upward of 2 hour phone conversation with "Sancho" or whoever. ..........
You know sancho is Spanish for secret BF, right? Kind of like a mans mistress (sancha).
Old 07-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
let her drive my 85 PU on 35" woth 6" of lift. She learnt what death wobble was and now refuses to drive it
Old 07-01-2011, 03:35 PM

My wife told me that she had driven standards quite a bit on a horse ranch in CO. but had never driven one while we had been together. While I was in Dallas for some training, she needed use my yota for whatever reason and ended up pretty well smokin the clutch. Now she won't even touch the thing, kind of expensive, but now I don't have to worry about her screwing anything up on it anymore.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The worst thing my wife did to my yota was say yes I could buy it. They have been taking all of my spare money ever since.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Supa
constantly slams the door getting out of it because apparently its impossible to learn that this door isn't as heavy as my last cars.
Mine does the same thing, not just car doors, but any door

Oh, and she spilled a large coke all over the floor of my brand new, fresh off the showroom floor, 82' Yota truck
(first date, shudda been the last)
Old 07-05-2011, 11:30 AM

I'm lucky.....my wife drove my 4runner for 4 years and did no damage it except a couple dents. Her mom on the other hand is pretty destructive. She has a Subaru Outback that barely fits in her garage, she stops when she hears the front bumper hit the wall. I was walking through the garage one day and notice the stud wall was no longer siting on the foundation, just hanging out there is space. I said something to her about it and she got out a sledge hammer and beat it back into place. I guess it had happened before.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM

I so glad my gf can't drive a 5 speed don't have to worry bout her maessing nething up lol
Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife told me we'd have the money for me to fix it once I got it tore down...
Over a month later and it's still sitting on the carport with the A-arms off, and no money.
Plus she's starting to complain about how long it's taking and "how nice it would be if she could park there." I just remind her that it was her idea.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 PM

My gf opened her door of the fj in to the slider of my truck...Then 2 days later opened the door of my truck in to the mirror of the FJ...

She loves my rig.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
she might love your rig, but it sounds like she hates her FJ.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:13 PM

my silverado was leaking a little brake fluid nothing major say every two weeks add about a quarter i wanted to do it once i got back from a month long training exercise so my wife takes it out cause the ac was colder then i get into when i get back brake pedal to the floor no brake fluid all brakes gone her response oh i thought thats how truck brakes were

92 nissan sentra bone simple desighn im deployed i call her up she says the cars shifting funny i remind her how to tighten the clutch up nut came loose from time to time so she had forgoten from all the timees i did it anyway a thousand dollar gets a new trani because she just mashed the gears guess what i did on midtour leave thanks babe

move on in years im driveing my yota needless to say she sits quietly in the passenger seat whenever we drive she dare not touch it

not all women are bad at stick i learned from my aunt one day in a old cj5 on the farm one day odly enough my cousins cant drive stick she gave up teaching them on the first day.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:39 AM

had a 62 ford f100 with headers and flow masters so needless to say it was LOUD so one day (while driving in the truck) she tells me how much she hates the truck and i had to choose between her and the truck.... she should have waited till we where a lil closer town to tell me that. i guess she didn't realize that it wasn't a hard choice for me
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by NO2HEAD
had a 62 ford f100 with headers and flow masters so needless to say it was LOUD so one day (while driving in the truck) she tells me how much she hates the truck and i had to choose between her and the truck.... she should have waited till we where a lil closer town to tell me that. i guess she didn't realize that it wasn't a hard choice for me
Thats priceless.

My gf has yet to drive the truck because the engine tanked early in our relationship. But she says "I'm a truck guy, I need to have a truck" and encourages me to keep working on the project, even though it hasnt ran in over a year. Pity when I finish it will no longer be an automatic, and she doesnt know how to drive stick.

Shes really a good driver, and I never hesitate to let her drive my car. When the trucks done I wouldn't hesitate to teach her to drive stick in it, however, I don't think she has much interest in driving it, she knows how much I work I put into it, and wouldnt want to rick damaging it.

That said I would NEVER let my Mom drive my truck, and she "knows" how to drive stick...

Last edited by Lewis15498; 09-14-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Sorry, forgot profanity wasnt allowed.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM

Took mine to Sonic to get some ice cream... she orders what seemed to be the biggest chocolate shake she could get then drops it in the floor... grr. took me forever to get that out. actually took the carpet out and pressure washed it.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:50 PM

Y'All make me glad my wife doesn't want to drive my Yota. I did attempt to teach her how to drive a manual in the j**p I had(Only 2 years hated it after 2 weeks), Took her to the middle school parking alot. Lost count on how many times she stalled it. My sister who I was teach also did so so. Wasn't my wife but my little sister who hit a bear, then light pole then fence post with my Yota. Last time anyone will ever drive my Yota.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM

My wife slammed the rear hatch door into my head once. She really put her weight behind it. The metal corner (rather than the plastic inside trim, unfortunately) caught me flat square on the top of the head. Lucky it wasn't the tip of the corner or I'm sure it would have cracked my skull. I was seeing stars and I didn't know what had hit me. It took me a while to figure out what had just happened and why she was apologizing for it.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 PM

My wife drove my Chevy 3500 once while i was waiting in line at the DMV... when i came out she was parked in a spot next to a curb with only one of 4 rear wheels touching the ground. The right side tire was suspended by its sidewall on the edge of the curb.

She hates driving anything of mine now.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:43 PM

yall need new girlfriends, mine calls my toyota my wife, when she does i say "atleast i can see my toyota, get a better one, and not lose half my stuff in the process!"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WORST thing your wife/girlfriend has done to you rig.