General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

WORST thing your wife/girlfriend has done to you rig.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time no post, lets see which wife should i talk about. The one that was messing with my cope and dusted the whole inside with a new can at 75mph with the windows down OR the one that backed up into a fence? i know i know. the same one that took a speed bump at 50 sheering off undercarriage bolts on the car...
Old 02-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Years ago, my GF was behind on her Ford Focus payments and it was about to get repo'd. So I sold her my '91 Civic hatchback (ZC swap, big brakes, etc) for a song and let her just make payments since we were living together anyway. First time she goes to drive it, she wasn't used to a light flywheel and grabby clutch, so we did ~25 mph in reverse into a pine tree - didn't even make it 10 yards before the first incident. After that though, she really got good at driving the wheels off the bugger.

I'm lucky in that my wife doesn't like to drive the 4runner. Every time she does she says it sounds like something is ready to fall off (on the flip side, though, she gets the nice car, an is300)

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
She finally seemed to learn her lesson when I stopped coming back home from work to jump start her vehicles. I never owned a vehicle battery more than about 2 years when she drove them-she was constantly draining them so low they could not fully charge.
no headlight chime in any of my Toyota's . . . I feel your pain

Last edited by corax; 02-11-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 PM

My GF used to think it was funny to push the O/D off button over and over while I was driving, so I got really mad one time when she was doing it and slammed on the brakes. She happened to not be wearing her seatbelt and she flew forward and ripped my mirror off with her forehead. Served her right. Havent had a mirror since.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
I have a barrel in the drive, a little bit right of center so my wife parks to the right a bit otherwise she opens her door and has at times doored my yota.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Driveway that is.........
Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm not sure which one is worse, but my ex-gf managed to back into a tree ruining my camper shell rack, and hit a wild pig on the highway.

i revised my policy, now nobody else gets to drive my vehicles. male or female doesn't matter. they never treat it like its theirs, they only treat it likes its yours.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only time somebody else drives my truck is when I'm teaching hot chicks to drive a stick, I tell them to take it slow since it's their first time.

But yeah, it's hella scary. I don't want to change my clutch again...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I should add that she shuts the door on the seat belt alot. Doesnt bother me. She is the one that gets to use a wet seat belt

But here is where it gets good. My doors sag down about a half an inch, enough to make them difficult to shut. So they get slammed pretty hard. Which is fine. Untill the metal buckle portion of the belt gets in to way of it.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
My GF used to think it was funny to push the O/D off button over and over while I was driving, so I got really mad one time when she was doing it and slammed on the brakes. She happened to not be wearing her seatbelt and she flew forward and ripped my mirror off with her forehead. Served her right. Havent had a mirror since.
Had a similar situation happen, but reversed. I let my un-licensed high school gf drive my old '90, with me in the passenger seat, and our good friend in the middle. Now, my '90 was a regular cab, and my then gf said she needed alot of room to shift, so we were as crammed to the passenger side as we could be, and un-able to buckle our seat belts. After a little bit of parking lot fun, she made the decision that she was now ready to take it out on the road. After about a block of protesting from around my friend, I yelled, "STOP MY F---ING TRUCK!"

So she did.

I came too about ten minute's later, or so my friend says, on the side of the road, with a fresh, mellon shaped crack in the passenger side of my windshield, and one of THE worst headache's i've ever experienced. Thankfully, it only severly spider cracked, and I didn't exit the vehicle.

Last edited by 250000_yota; 02-11-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:52 PM

ex wife took my rig in the devorce the same one she put in the colvert and messed up the hood and driver side fender after i fixed the damage she never got in it again. i havent taught my new girlfreind to drive my truck and i dont think i will she has her own fullsize that she can barley drive
Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, some of those are horror stories. My wife drove mine for few months while I was gone, quit driving it after the timing chain went sloppy and made a milkshake. Overheated on the freeway, and she hasn't been a fan of it since. Says it sounds like something is falling off all the time, and its too slow. I say cool, so nobody else gets to drive it either. If I break it, I can't cry about it. But I'm the one that blew the rear end up years ago, when it was my dad's truck.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:27 PM

My girlfriend won't sit in my truck. She says it isn't safe to drive .
Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 AM

I let my ex drive my dodge to school a few times to teach her how to drive stick(that and she loved my truck), well one day she went to downshift, she was in 5th trying to go to 4th, she got 2nd gear. 50 mph downshift into 2nd gear on a diesel truck with 3000rpm governor, it was a great sound.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM

hate it when my girlfriend puts her smelly feet on my dash thinking that its ok. and one of my ex's was learning how to shift and just about hit some kids on bikes while looking at the shifter for 2nd gear. haha even little kids know where the 2nd gear is!
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM

Well first off she toatled one of the 97 limiteds(wasnt her fault) then went deer hunting in the other(missing factory front flare and remodeled the bumper some) took my 5.8 supercharged pony to "go shopping" had to get her 57 miles(towards Myrtle Beach factory outlet mall) from the house with fuel(only gets 60 miles to a tank) so now she is sporting the last of the 97's which she has taken "good" care of trying to earn a new one. PPPFFFFTTTT good luck on that one.

Last edited by Mikel1871; 05-26-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 AM

I had a sticker that said "Ditch the Bitch lets go Wheeling", now it says lets go wheeling since she made me scrape off ditch the bitch. Now she is my ex gf and the sticker looks dumb
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 AM

My girlfriend hasn't driven my 4runner much, but she did take it out literally 20 mins after I bought it. My dad decided it was a good idea to offer up my new 4runner for her to drive. I was worrying the whole time she was gone.
My mom seems to find a way to mess something up each time. With my old Tacoma, she drove it once and got rear ended. Didn't do anything, but she had it literally for 10 min and got hit. Then she drove my 99 corolla one time and got a ticket for tinted windows. I don't let her drive my cars anymore.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 AM

My (now EX) wife took hammers to three of my motorcycles at different points in our marriage. we had kids so i stayed. Then i hit a guardrail on one(rode it back to town but it cost me 1800 to make it ridable) then asked for a divorce. life's to short to deal with stupid women.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:48 AM

My wife decided to turn into our drive way too sharp in my 02 Tundra. Long wheel base + bad turn = mail box digging into the side of the bed. The best part about it is that she didn't say anything about it thinking I wouldn't notice. It was on the passenger side, and it did take me a couple of days to find out.

I've never had to worry about her causing any mechanical damage though. For as long as we've been together, I've been a shade-tree mechanic who's fixed many a friends girlfriend/wife vehicle casualties. She won't even leave the drive way if she sees a "Maintenance Due" light come on.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:49 PM

Wow, you boys must be mighty whipped if you let your girls drive your rigs! I wouldn't trust another girl in the drivers seat of my yota... other people in general, actually! My brother is the only other person who has driven my truck, and that was only because I was drunk. My boyfriend may be lucky enough to drive it someday.

I let my friend drive my sedan once on a road trip... I wasn't asleep in the passenger seat five minutes before she managed to stall the car on the freeway after nearly doing a 360 degree spin because she "accidentally" pressed the brake instead of the clutch going 60+...

It takes a special kind of retard to mess up driving a manual like that...

Quick Reply: WORST thing your wife/girlfriend has done to you rig.