General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

WORST thing your wife/girlfriend has done to you rig.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four things:

1] She was "parking" when she got home and heard a noise which scared her so she pressed the gas a bit and knocked my fence over

2] In winter it was snowing so she decided to put in 4wd, only problem was she had put it in 4low by mistake and drove the entire way home in 4low.

3] Crashed it into a snowbank, but no damage and just backed it out and carried on.

4] Closed the garage door too soon and scratched the roof. (No big deal it was crappy paint anyways)

Now she has a car.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Contributing Member

Received 463 Likes on 309 Posts
I am the wife. I have my own 4Runner to pillage and plunder any way I wish. Actually, I have two 'cause I'm sort of a pig that way.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by habanero
I am the wife. I have my own 4Runner to pillage and plunder any way I wish. Actually, I have two 'cause I'm sort of a pig that way.
LOL...sounds like something my wife would say.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:06 PM

dam old grand am

havent been able to drive the runner yet but she mustve stalled the grand am a dozen times at the same light
Old 12-20-2010, 03:21 PM

i let my ex try to drive my last truck, 91 PU 5 spd, took her about twenty feet to knock down a fence which i had to fix. also had to reshape my bumper with some stomping and a hammer.... my new gf is a lot more "capable", and beautiful!!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by yotasavg
i my new gf is a lot more "capable", and beautiful!!
Haha that's always a good thing!
Old 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM

Let my ex drive my truck after we went threw a mud hole, she killed in taking off at a light and we ended up dead in an entersection. she freaked out, so we switched really fast. thankfully their wasnt any cars behind us, but litterally right when i get threw the entersection and a block down a cop pulls me over and was like wtf was that. i felt like a loser cuz he thought i killed it but i just pulled bs and told him my truck broke down and he let us go.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 PM

i let my wife load my yamaha rhino on my tilt trailer one time and when the trailer leveled out she kept her foot in it and went right over the front of the trailer and into my tailgate...she says the tailgate is custom now.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:04 PM

this wasnt even a girl friend......the day i got my 86 4 runner my buddie and all my other friends thought it would be cool to go 4 wheeling while i was at work....so a short conversation of "i know the radiator is clogged so watch the heat" and i repeated "watch the heat" meaning the temperature gauge and summer's in utah get to the 100's and i let them take my truck and 30 minutes later i get a phone call stating....we are next to a cliff and a ledge and your truck over heated and wont start now (electric fan) idiot forgot to turn it off.....and had to get one of their parents to tow the truck back to my work...needless to say, he isnt my friend anymore and the only other one that drives my 4runner is my best buddy who has an 85' pick up.....it takes a special person to drive a toyota and thats where its going to remain....
Old 12-24-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
My wife confused my 4rnr with our old Corolla. Terrible.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not my GF, just a lady friend. I was driving, she was in the passenger seat, and as a "joke" would put it in Neutral. I always told her stop, then one time she put it in reverse at 50. I WAS PISSED! It was only for a split second, but i knew some damage had to be done.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

I guess I am lucky. My wife doesn't like driving my truck, she said it is too slow.
Can you believe, she wants me to give it more power. But she is use to her Supercharged Tacoma 4x4 4 door,

She did drive my S2000 into a ditch at about 2 mph and one time did do some minor damage in a spin at 90 mph at the track :LOL:

Last edited by coops2k; 12-24-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:43 PM

A few years back my wife had her Matrix parked in front of my Surf (4Runner) out on the street. Well in the moring off to work she went but she put the Matrix in R instead of 1st and rammed the front of my Surf. End result -> One of my KC daylighters on the lightbar had a broken plastic cap...but...the hatch on the Matrix was completely fcked! It actually made me laugh looking at the disparity in damages on the two vehicles...until I thought about the insurance deductible to fix her car.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:15 PM

ill start off with i HATE when other people drive my truck, when my close freinds drive my truck im always yelling at them for doing something wrong, even when they arent, and i get super nervice theyre gonna crash or something.

anyway, i had my g/f over one time and she asked why shes never allowed to drive my truck, so just being nice i said, haha youre allowed to drive my truck (but in my head i was like uh-uh, you sure aint driving my truck), well anyway, she talked my into letting her take a lap around the feild, i told her to goo slow, and dont crash. i hopped in started the truck and hopped out, then she got in, and before i could say stop, she turned the key and grinded my starter.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM

lol, and forgot to mention a close lady freind of mine (actually the p/o of my trucks g/f) called my truck a honda!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I got a story to tell but it is not the worst thing and it is not family rated, shazaam
Old 01-02-2011, 04:09 PM

sounds like you all need new wifes/gfs. . .
Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
too good a thread to just fade away

No real horror stories for me. I like the Mauzer's approach-just get the lady her own to spare abuse on his. Habanero- I always forget we have to watch what we say with you lurking about....heheeee

My ex routinely would fail to retract the seat belt when she exited a vehicle-whether as the passenger or the driver. Her attitude was that "it's supposed to do that by itself".

You can likely picture what happens next-she shuts the door on the seatbelt-the courtesy light stays on all night...dead battery....

I tried to explain it to her about 15 times over the 22 years we were married, honey hey just give it a slight tug and sure enough it will get up and out of the way.

Referring to the seatbelt there of course...

She finally seemed to learn her lesson when I stopped coming back home from work to jump start her vehicles. I never owned a vehicle battery more than about 2 years when she drove them-she was constantly draining them so low they could not fully charge.

Once I got my 2nd gen Runner she rarely drove it-thank goodness.

The 3rd gen came along after the divorce and house sale. My mechanically inclined teen son is the only other driver since I have owned it-and intend to keep it that way!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM

This thread is great.
Since my 4runner hasn't run since I've owned it, all the gf has done so far is just hate it. She thinks everything I buy is a piece of junk. I wonder why? I tell her to mind her own business!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:36 PM

When "I'm" driving my gf wipe her boogers on the Passenger seat!!!

My gf don't know how to drive stick... I win there hahaha

Quick Reply: WORST thing your wife/girlfriend has done to you rig.