General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Uninsured with suspended license hit me head on this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Unisured motorist coverage and I gave a tape recorded interview with my insurance company today.

They are going to pay from my coverage and sue to get their money back.

Decided to stay home today...very sore still

David
Old 03-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWESOME!!!!

at least you're covered. i was worried that you'd just be SOL. also, don't forget that you'll have to go after her for any lost wages, etc, but the insurance co should pick up the medical and property damage portions.

now that you have coverage, you need to figure out if you're going to buy it back (cause it's totaled for sure) and then SAS or fix it or part it out.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:28 AM

I am sorry to hear about this. First and foremost glad to see you are OK, that must have been a nasty accident to cause that much damage.

. I recall seeing a post just a few days ago with a picture of your second gen, very nice truck - great condition. There is no excuse for not having insurance. Good luck with everything.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by westy44runner
I am sorry to hear about this. First and foremost glad to see you are OK, that must have been a nasty accident to cause that much damage.

. I recall seeing a post just a few days ago with a picture of your second gen, very nice truck - great condition. There is no excuse for not having insurance. Good luck with everything.
Thanks Westy,

Today I feel truly lucky..I got hit head on at a closing speed of over 60 mph and all I have is a headache and a sore neck.

Could have been much, much worse.

If you look closely, her car impacted right on the end of the frame.....

...my strongest point whish spared more damage to me !

David
Old 03-23-2006, 10:09 AM

I really liked your 2nd gen.
That bastard
Old 03-23-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by nrgetic99
Thanks Westy,

Today I feel truly lucky..I got hit head on at a closing speed of over 60 mph and all I have is a headache and a sore neck.

Could have been much, much worse.

If you look closely, her car impacted right on the end of the frame.....

...my strongest point whish spared more damage to me !

David
Glad you are OK and very glad you've been checked out. I work in a trauma center and as I was reading this your post of headache with nausea was making bells go off in my mind. That said... DO NOT IGNORE any change in symptoms over the next couple of days. It's 99.9% likely that you are fine and everything will be OK, but sometimes things do show themselves over time. I guess what I'm saying is don't worry, but do pay attention to what your body is telling you over the next couple of days and don't hesitate to get re-checked or least call in if something changes.

Mike
Old 03-29-2006, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by BLKNBLU
Glad you are OK and very glad you've been checked out. I work in a trauma center and as I was reading this your post of headache with nausea was making bells go off in my mind. That said... DO NOT IGNORE any change in symptoms over the next couple of days. It's 99.9% likely that you are fine and everything will be OK, but sometimes things do show themselves over time. I guess what I'm saying is don't worry, but do pay attention to what your body is telling you over the next couple of days and don't hesitate to get re-checked or least call in if something changes.

Mike
Still getting the headaches... 7 days later and I am convinced most of them are stress related from MY Insurance company being a'holes.

E
Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Banned for stupidity

if that was me...honetly i would have gotten out,pulled from her car and beat her have to death...considering she would be half dead already from the accident...she be daed after me...i'd be so freakin mad i wouldn't know what to do...if i ever get into an accident and it's someone's elses fault...they better hope i'm unconsiuos..
Old 03-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by V_Runner
if that was me...honetly i would have gotten out,pulled from her car and beat her have to death...considering she would be half dead already from the accident...she be daed after me...i'd be so freakin mad i wouldn't know what to do...if i ever get into an accident and it's someone's elses fault...they better hope i'm unconsiuos..
and you'd better hope that if something like this ever happens to you that you'd have more sensibility and restraint than you like to imply or you would be in jail for assault, manslaughter, or worse.

c'mon...
Old 03-29-2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by nrgetic99
Still getting the headaches... 7 days later and I am convinced most of them are stress related from MY Insurance company being a'holes.

E
That's some serious stuff, so pay attention to those headaches (even tell the Mrs or a friend to check in on you). If they progressively get worse, go see a doc ASAP !

I had a friend who had hit his head playing basketball. It didn't hurt at the time, but he started getting progressively worse headaches. 3 days later he collapsed while standing in line for financial aid due to a brain aneurism. Luckily, he was 1/2 mile from the hospital and they were able to get him treatment in time. Bad stuff, and nothing to mess around with...

Been reading your posts and hopefully it will all work out in the end !

Steve