General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Aftermarket Cruise, Cleaning Alloys, Your fresults on the switch to synthetic

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket Cruise, Cleaning Alloys, Your fresults on the switch to synthetic

I want to compile 3 posts into one, if that's possible, to save bandwidth and make things simple.

First off, Is there an aftermarket cruise control that you know of that works well on a 2nd gen 4runner or 3rd gen Pickup? The Toyota dealer also sells cruise control's but I don't know if they would work on my truck.

Secondly, a buddy of mine has an 03' TAcoma TRD and I'm curious if you could give me your opinion on something good for cleaning alloy's as well as preventative maintenance for ensuring they stay clean? Do you just wax them after you clean them or use some sort of polish?

Lastly, if you could relate your opinions on your switch to synthetic and what results you had (better MPG, more power, whatever, or maybe nothing?) after the switch? I can't relate because the previous owner of my truck made the switch, but you guys who have had your trucks and made the switch I'm curious as to what results you had personally?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:18 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In my experience adding aftermarket cruise is a PITA. Car audio places usually have them.

Do a search on Zoop seal.

Still run dino in the engine. Haven't really noticed anything from running synthetic in the diffs (Redline Heavy Shockproof). It is some super sticky stuff though, so I expect it will protect much better. Will change out the tranny and transfer case to synthetic (Redline MT90) soon.