Notices
Items Wanted Vehicle and non vehicle related

79-83 RARE parts thread ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Toyota-Vintage is under "Toyota Truck Parts & Accessories" on ebay. You first search "Toyota Trucks" then "Toyota Truck Parts & Accessories" Then "Toyota Truck Parts-Vintage". You can also search by years by checking the blocks for the year of the truck but sometimes items are listed without the year noted. There are other search options available such as Interior, Exterior, Electronics, etc.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:19 AM

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Somebody on Marlin speaks Japanese...maybe not Big Mike but somebody who works there...
Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Received 273 Likes on 184 Posts
B TTT ...

how's the "rare parts" find going ?

I'm still looking for my mirrors

Last edited by slacker; 07-28-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey trekkerpaul i am sorry i had both kicker panels in my 81 and i didnt like the way they looked so i ripped them out.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:49 AM

bumpin this thread, altho it's been a few years since the thread was started, i wish i had become a member earlier, cuz i could have been everyone's santa claus, lol. If anyone still needs the lil things like emblems lemme know. Next wednesday or thursday ill post some pics of your "rare wishlist" of items that are still available for sale to this day, in not so listed locations (aka lil known salvage yards that do S&H) for future ref.

Last edited by old fart; 04-16-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 AM

I've got a set of front and rear mudflaps, with the rear brackets.. They're avail. if anyone needs them.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 PM

I've been looking for the red marker lights for the sides of the bed for awhile. I can find the front amber ones all day long. So I contacted a parts yard in Denver that deals with only Toyota's and he hooked me up with a set from an FJ60. Only modification was I had to splice the connector from one of my bad ones on the truck. The original one is on the left and the FJ60 is on the right. Here's a link to a place in California that has these http://www.sor.com/sor/products2.tam...e%23%2Ectx=152 The other nice part is you don't have to take the lens off to change the bulb.
Attached Thumbnails 79-83 RARE parts thread ...-100_1583_1.jpg   79-83 RARE parts thread ...-100_1584_1.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by old fart
bumpin this thread, altho it's been a few years since the thread was started, i wish i had become a member earlier, cuz i could have been everyone's santa claus, lol. If anyone still needs the lil things like emblems lemme know. Next wednesday or thursday ill post some pics of your "rare wishlist" of items that are still available for sale to this day, in not so listed locations (aka lil known salvage yards that do S&H) for future ref.
that would be cool

Old 04-16-2011, 07:35 PM

So many toyota's in alaska sittin in salvage yards, and lil indian villages, it ain't even funny.
I leave tomorrow at 9am central to fairbanks again for 5 weeks, if someone want to give a short list(s) i'll copy, print it, find what i can, and post pics onsite of what i find that anyone is needing. If i have to pull it though, lol, it's gonna cost ya $3 per scrape that draws blood, and $25 per scuff if i run into some terrorist moose/bear etc. J/K If i find it while i'm there and you want it, i'll see if i can pull it, and send it to ya's as this site has helped me so durn much. 'Course if anyone in amarillo tx area or closeby wants to help me in 2 months finish my tranny install....lol. i never did get it done. so anyways sorry i'm rambling.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:36 AM

I have a "time machine" truck in my 1979 4x4 short bed. My truck has 37,000 original miles, and everything is totally stock; I even have one original tire. The problem with my truck (NJ it's entire life!) is that it is rotted way beyond repair. It spent it's life as a plow truck for a small parking lot at a church. I need to find a rust free short-bed body and frame to swap all of my parts into.....Does anyone know of a 79-81 rust free short-bed body and frame for sale??

Zack
Old 06-13-2011, 12:15 PM

I'm goin back to work for that salvage yard i worked at before in fairbanks alaska. I leave july 20th, i can have some pics posted soon of parts, trucks, etc by the 23-26th, (jet lag, and time adjusting again) The 3hr time diff sux. Anyways i'll have a new laptop, and same scrungy digi-cam to post pics with, just pray mickey d's wifi is fast, lol.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM

if you PM me .. or email me ..
I'll keep you busy ..
Old 06-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by dougstoys
I've been looking for the red marker lights for the sides of the bed for awhile. I can find the front amber ones all day long. So I contacted a parts yard in Denver that deals with only Toyota's and he hooked me up with a set from an FJ60. Only modification was I had to splice the connector from one of my bad ones on the truck. The original one is on the left and the FJ60 is on the right. Here's a link to a place in California that has these http://www.sor.com/sor/products2.tam...e%23%2Ectx=152 The other nice part is you don't have to take the lens off to change the bulb.
I have quite a few red marker lights!
I bought a whole box of yellow and red marker lights a while back.
PM me
Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 PM

guys just to let you know i havent posted it in the for sale section yet cause i dont have enough posts but my brother picked me up a blue 82 he found it in some guys back yard here in maryland so of course all the body panels are done.(i had hopes of fixing it but its just too far gone) i have alot of these parts that are going to be coming off just let me know what you need perfect grill with emblem fender emblems etc. its a one owner stock truck besides the tires and maybe wheel they are white so i dont think they are original as i dont know much about 1st gens. i have a 94 runner that i am going to use the axle for and a 99 taco. i even have the original title that says 16 miles on it. my brother took the original sales book and wouldnt give it to me pm or email me at bimmerperformance@yahoo.com i dont want to get in trouble with the admins for posting this outside the for sale section. but i want to give you guys fist crack before some people just grazing the classifieds finds it. oh and sorry for the long post
Old 07-03-2011, 01:32 PM

I have an 82 with no motor. Dad wont let me get a 305 on Craigslist that i found, cause he says it wont just set in. He says it needs a transfer case to make it fit but im not sure. Can anyone tell me what it would need
?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:11 PM

yeah .. t's an engine swap ..
so wiring , motor mounts , trany and transfer "work" either a swap or belhousing .. driveshaft work .. tons of work for a NEWB !!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:16 AM

Well iv got a 22re but he wants to put a 6cyl in there. but is there a motor that will require less work that has more power, cause its goin to be my mud truck.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Cali Spec VCV

My hen's teeth is a California Spec VCV off an 81' (the three way plastic one that clips to the carb). Discontinued, no Cali Spec is $110 too much to gamble with.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
a/c ducts

For some reason, my truck does not thave the passenger side a/c duct and defrost duct, it's an 83 short bed.

I know there isn't any other toyota truck of these years were I live, so does this make them hard to find parts?

Anyway, anyone knows were I can get these parts?

Also, my A/C compressor is shot, it does not compress anymore, it has the right pressure, but it just does not cool the cab, maybe after about 20 miles of driving time, it will start cooling, but other that, no way in hell it will cool.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:23 AM

A lot of these parts are EXTREMELY hard to find... best way is to keep searching allofcraigs.com, but not a lot of people are willing to ship these items. A lot of these items, you can find online. Ive put in hours of searching for the same items! This is what I came up with:

Ive had my eye on a dash cap on JCWhitney.com. Its a moulded plastic peice that fits over the existing dash.

Fender flairs: http://www.carpartswholesale.com/v5/...67032&N=0&sv=0

Mirrors: http://www.carpartswholesale.com/v5/...67032&N=0&sv=0

Tailgate latches: http://shop.carbodyparts.net/1981-to...ts-search.html

Fiberglass body parts; tailgate, fender, hood, etc. http://www.toyotafiberglass.com

Ill keep an update if I find more!

Quick Reply: 79-83 RARE parts thread ...