Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Why are people so stupid? (Accident Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is true about not leaving a mark.. but it sure will leave a dent...

i've just came across a big collection of them for free and i use them mostly over any steel hammer that is ball peen .

plus you never know when you are going to smash the finger of some crack head that is trying to put his grubby fingers through your window begging for money..
Old 01-15-2011, 06:32 PM

I got rear-ended a few months back. No cops involved, but his insurance paid me off anyway. I fixed it myself and pocketed ~$3K.
If you call him and he doesn't provide you with his insurance info, go straight to the cops. What are you waiting for?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
heh heh, crackheads.... plenty of those over in Fayeteville too, lived a couple years there... never been to Huber but I can only imagine.... might wanna upgrade to something that goes 'bang!' (many times)
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got his plate number. phone number and name. he refused to let me see his license and insurance information. he took my insurance and stuff tho. he said it was my fault. i keep calling the number and nothing happens.

i called the cops as soon as he left. they refused to come out becuz i "let the other guy leave" and he gave me partial information.

so i have to just let my insurance deal with it.?

will they try to track this guy down or what??

oh. btw. this happened in Seattle, WA

Last edited by weaselman; 01-15-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:43 PM

insurance is going to cover it.

almost 1600 in damages. they are only going to paint half my truck tho. im pissed.

gotta pay my 300 deductible though.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
lesson learned.. get all the info no matter what... even if the guy says its your fault. If he refuses ... get the cops involved.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 PM

I got rear ended 6 months ago in my accord. It was a 4 car accident beginning with the guy behind me rear ending me then everyone else hitting him. Long story short the police report said something different and everyone got their cars fixed except me, who didn't hit anyone and had no fault whatsoever. Everyone's insurance companies are refusing liability for my car.

I filed a complaint with the state insurance commission and they said they would resolve it, if they don't I'm going to have to sue everyone.

I know you already resolved it, but you may want to consider suing him for your deductible if your insurance company isn't pursuing him and his insurance company.

P.S. take pictures, they're worth a thousand words

Last edited by senslessengima; 01-28-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Negotiate with them. You don't have to accept the first offer. I would tell them because of the age of the truck they can either paint the whole thing as it will not match or fade the same and would not meet pre loss conditions or total it.

"If I refuse to accept it after all the work is done and it has to be done again it is going to be very expensive". This would be you talking with the adjuster.

If they decide to total it then buy it back and fix it best you can and wheel it. It's always nice to have a wheeler that is in descent condition.

Last edited by 85toyman; 01-28-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:27 AM

this why u always gotta keep a note pad and pen or pencil in the the vehicle.. or a even a camera, capable cell phone.. snap a
pic of the plate. vin #, number his license, a pic of the vehicle, get a shot of make in model of the door jamm, and get his ssn, and (his/her) mothers maden name along with all his info... personal info
Old 01-29-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by 1990yota-pickup
this why u always gotta keep a note pad and pen or pencil in the the vehicle.. or a even a camera, capable cell phone.. snap a
pic of the plate. vin #, number his license, a pic of the vehicle, get a shot of make in model of the door jamm, and get his ssn, and (his/her) mothers maden name along with all his info... personal info

What he said
Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 85toyman
Negotiate with them. You don't have to accept the first offer. I would tell them because of the age of the truck they can either paint the whole thing as it will not match or fade the same and would not meet pre loss conditions or total it.

"If I refuse to accept it after all the work is done and it has to be done again it is going to be very expensive". This would be you talking with the adjuster.

If they decide to total it then buy it back and fix it best you can and wheel it. It's always nice to have a wheeler that is in descent condition.
i pretty much said what you said and argued for about ten minutes

they refuse to paint the whole truck "they would never paint the whole vehicle in any situation of one panel being damaged"

but they are gna pay someone to have the decals "recreated"

since the original decals have been discontinued.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 93 Likes on 65 Posts
Wow. I can't believe this isn't settled yet. You can't make a report to the Renton police. You have to deal with the police in the jurisdiction where it happened. Seattle.

Everyone is throwing legal advice at you. You should google "Washington motor vehicle laws" and find out specifically what info he was supposed to give you. In some states he has to have an insurance card in his possession to show you. Other states not. Some states it's a felony to drive without insurance, others just a traffic infraction. Don't throw a hammer at someone's car as others have suggested because in most states "missile thrown at occupied vehicle" IS a felony and the police WILL come out and take YOU away. At this point with the time gone by the best you can probably do is contact the Seattle Police and get them to write a letter verifying that you called them on XX date at approximately XX time to XX location and they refused to respond because of XX policy. But then any competent insurance adjustor in your state would know the policies of the big city police. In my state (VA) hit & run is only a felony if there were injuries and an accident report is made only if there are injuries OR damage exceeds $2500 to one or both vehicles. But giving you a false name or refusing to give insurance info should qualify for a hit & run report. And I would expect they could do it over the phone. Remember though, the first time you curse, rant or bend the truth the police will be done with you because you will be disqualified as a witness. Good luck. I would love to hear the outcome of this and the insurance company that is involved.

Last edited by Nervo19; 01-31-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 PM

just keep the hammer for a show of force.. just make sure you have it hannging off your tool belt even though... you are wearing a bussiness suite...

Sound like yyou need to look up your state laws for one and to 2. and 3 this is what i would also do...

Call the
better business bureau

and your state attoreny general building..

you can send them stuff online and call them and everything...

life will be good after you do this...