Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Why are people so stupid? (Accident Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why are people so stupid? (Accident Pictures)

so i was in the outside turn lane turning left. and this jerk was in the inside turn lane. but he decided he wanted to go straight while i was half way through the turn. he sent me sliding. my phone came out of my lap and slapped my girlfriend in the face.

heres a link to pix of the damage.

i think my spring mount is bent, he hit my step too.

this truck was absolutely beautiful when i bought it. never ever even had a scratch. :'(

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Runner/Damage/

Last edited by dropzone; 01-01-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks. I would be pissed.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:31 PM

People are idiots. Just something you have to learn to accept. You get his insurance information?
Old 01-01-2011, 08:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
have the insurance cover all the expenses.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 PM

That's the thing. He gave me his name. Address nd phone number. Nd then ran off. I have his plate number. That's about it. Cops refused to come out.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I believe if the damage if more than 500 dollars you need a police report, and you have more then 500 dollars in damage. I know it won`t do any good, but i would go down to the police station and file a complaint for there lack of doing there job in not responding to an accident.

Im so glad i no longer live in the peoples republic of california.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts
Call it a hit and run dude. Give the cops the guys information, tell them he offered no insurance.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:07 PM

yep if he wouldnt give you insurance info and took off I would deffentally call it in as a H&R
Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That sucks, X3 for the H&R, if you go down to the police department, just show them your vehicle, give them the plate of the other vehicle and tell them that the other driver refused to give information. That should fall under state statue for "failure to perform the duties of a driver". The officer should be more than willing to take the report at the front counter and then give you a case number. Once you have the case number the insurance company should be able to get you taken care of.

Hopefully the other driver will get a bench warrent for failure to appear, and the next time he gets stopped, he will get the best ride of all. In the back of a cruiser to the county jail. That should show him. Most likely won't know why until he is shown that he had a failure to appear and then some bells will go off when he is told what for. Then you will have the last laugh. Ha Ha and hopefully your truck will be fixed to better then new condition and will not even be thinking about it when he gets arrested. Making his life a livin hell while your on your mary way.

Good luck. Sorry to be long winded about it, stupid people do indeed piss me off when it comes to screwing up my stuff.

Last edited by dropzone; 01-02-2011 at 04:44 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:32 PM

Wow you guys are cut-throat..
Old 01-01-2011, 10:40 PM

No, just worked in the field before and everybody deserves justice, and don't like it when people don't take care of their own responsabilities. If you make a mess, clean it up. Just trying to help a person out that is most likely emotional about the situation and dosen't know how to handle it, or is so caught up they don't ask the right questions and don't get taken care of.

Last edited by 85toyman; 01-01-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 PM

Yes, but i hardly think that this is a hit and run.
The dude DID give his information.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM

I would beg to differ with you. The driver did not give all the information that is required under law. It sounds like he failed to give the proper documention that is required. Proof of insurance.

While you have his name and plate number it is of little help to you with out the insurance information. If you don't file a police report as a H&R and try to say it was a hit and run the other person may deny that they ever had an accident with you and you have no way to prove they did. Anybody can right your plate number down. So without the other pieces of the puzzle your not in a very good position.

Believe me when I say others will screw you in situations like this. It happens on a daily basis. Better off to take care of it now rather then later. You always have to think about your self first, nobody want to take responsability for accidents, ever.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:30 PM

If you have a little bit of time to search, You can find all the information you just presented on line. It is amazing how much about you is avaliable. So all the info listed is easily attainable. A policy number for insurance is not so much so. If you have that then you have had an encounter with the individual or broke into his auto and wrote the policy number down. Not likely. Ah the default judgement, while in theory it works like that, the world isn't always fair. You still have to collect even if there is a judgement. Collecting can be a hastle to say the least, might have to go to court several times if the person refused to pay, and you have to find them. Not always easy either. I do like the approach with DMV, yes he will end up with a suspended licease if he dosen't file and you do.

With my approach to the H&R you get both worlds. You get to have something to present to your insurance so it falls under uninsured motorist and not comprehesive. You might have to go to court to testify, but the court is now responsible for dealing with this person, not you in trying to get your money back.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Banned

If one step fails, go to the next.

Step 1: See if he is willing to pay for damages out of pocket.

Step 2: File for a hit and run.

Step 3: Drive through the side of his house, flex off his sofa, and take a sledge hammer to everything in sight untill you feel you have achived your revenge.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:33 PM

Now that is funny, but a tad over the top. Ha Ha Ha and everybody thinks I am being to mean.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 AM

go to your insurance company and file as uninsured motorist. Same thing happened to the wife a couple of months back. little girl hit wife's car, and gave info, but her insurance was cancelled prior to the accident. 5-0 didn't come out, (wal-mart parking lot = private property).
Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 AM

After looking at the pics, I'd say he didn't have insurance info to give....
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 PM

yea, i have pictures of HIS vehicle and MINE and his plate number.

i may have waited to long to file a police report tho.

i live in Washington now.

the accident happened the 26th. day after xmas.

should i still go down to the poilce station and file hit nd run?
Old 01-09-2011, 08:04 PM

im almost tempted to just fix it myself and deal with it.

id almost rather not get the cops, insurance and all that involved. i just dont really want the accident on my record.

i gave him my phone number and he said he would be in contact. but he has yet to call me. and i dont want to end up fixing his junk either.

Quick Reply: Why are people so stupid? (Accident Pictures)