Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Weekend Project - Get this thing Road Worthy

Old 09-23-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weekend Project - Get this thing Road Worthy

Did a few trips in my Runner but nearing getting out of the Military and will be putting about 5k on the truck in the nexxt few months.

So, here's my list of recieved and shipped parts that will be here for Saturday

Ball joints - just uppers for now
Shocks - All 4 Superlift 2 inch lift in the front, 3 inch in rear
O2 sensor
Fuel Filter,
TPS - replacement
Vent visor's - IN Channel;-)
Plugs - Factory Denso's baby

Got some otehr crap too and just got a new windshielf put in last week.

Have to put my bodylift off for a bit but only other thing i will be doing is flushing the radiator, then cleaning it with some old expansion stuff my dad used to do. Hope to get it tinted before I start all the driving as well and maybe get my CB installed but that's it for now till I secure a job, or sell my car which is for sale on ebay, if you want a completely badass done Stang that has did 187mph on the Autobahn, mine is for sale, it's not as fun here in the states

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT

Once the car sales and I get my job settled, IE find one;-) I'll be deciding on Longtravel or SAS, but here in Florida, SAS doesn't seem to fit my bill;-)
Old 09-28-2009, 07:58 AM

Well, alot of my parts didn't come in, got my In-channel ventvisor's in - freaking love these things, truck is sooooo much cooler when I get in now and I can roll the window's dowan and the moisture doesn't leak in when I'm driving the dew off in the morning.

Did my plugs, washed it up and waxed it, decided to put my spacers on when i do the ball-joints so waiting for those to come in as well, but fuel filter, 2 of my shocks, o2 sensor etc.. did not show up Guess I won't be paying for quick shipping anymore

Plugs helped alot and hoping the o2 sensor will work good too, but we'll see I guess.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey your on T4R.org too? I'm gizmopt2002 there.

What do those in channel visors look like?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:41 PM

Yeah I'm on both, have been since around 2004, Just don't post alot, i'm a searcher and a lurker, only post when i'm knee deep in projects in the past, haha.

The look the best, will snap a pic later, they cost considerably more than the stick on kind, but it's WELL worth it in my opinion. Just threw my 02 sensor in, had to splice the wires but I got the Denso unit, soooo worth it, going to heat cycle it now and hit up BWW's for some Wings, half off night tonght
Old 09-29-2009, 04:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
haha nice^^ yeah i went threw the whole roadworthy thing too, still not done either, but my list was alot longer than urs good stuff tho! and i just got my windshield in too haha..how much did you pay?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vandert
Yeah I'm on both, have been since around 2004, Just don't post alot, i'm a searcher and a lurker, only post when i'm knee deep in projects in the past, haha.

The look the best, will snap a pic later, they cost considerably more than the stick on kind, but it's WELL worth it in my opinion. Just threw my 02 sensor in, had to splice the wires but I got the Denso unit, soooo worth it, going to heat cycle it now and hit up BWW's for some Wings, half off night tonght
Yea. The OP has stick on type. doesn't come off!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 PM

Forgot about the pic for the in-channels.

Update, still haven't gotten my rear shocks but went and did fuel filter - about 20 min's very easy.

Then the two almost three hour job of removing the damn oil cooler, replacing those two gaskets, I'm pretty stoked to get it done but I did find a cheat, just remove the heat shield if you ever have to do it, makes it WAY better While I was in there I took off my front skidplate, and guess what I found.

The reason my A/C hasn't been working My bottom idler pulley was off and laying in there, not a good thing, but I'll have to check and see if when engaged my compressor is still turning or not, but this could be a good thing

I Also took off my front and rear swaybars, just said screw it, it's florida, not like there's twisties here, ahaha. Once i get my BJ spacers in - oh year ordered those since I didn't before hand and still waiting on the rear shocks I'll go get some flex shots, got a spot I might hit up tomorrow and see if I can see a difference as I lifted rear tire pretty early IMO so maybe find out if it was worth it.

Guess that's it for now, and my windshield was free BTW, Florida replaces windshields for free as long as you go through your insurance company.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 AM

Well I have to say Damn - I did the plugs, and the 02 sensor along with some seafoam and some techron treatment in the gas and then picked it up after almost a month of setting at my old place - I moved 8 hours away, and when I drove it over I went from a previous best of 15.1 mpg to 16.8 Average o nthe way over here, I"m extatic with those results, now it's time to put the bJ spacers on and throw some 33"s on it and go back to my 15 mpg;-)
Old 11-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
dont forget to re-gear!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
dont forget to re-gear!
Not regearing because I'm doing a 1uz swap, and the 4.56's that came stock will be enough