Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

urban wheeling

Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats cool lauphs are the best part. And if you aren't wrecking anything than whats the issue? i had a friend like that who would do anything you would say, he would do the dumest stuff. and you know what he is doing now? he is becoming a plummer, gets stoned out of his mined every day and his parents dont know what to do??? he is stoned so much now he is too lazy and brain dead to go get hi license.

Last edited by 91_TOYOTA_4x4; 10-20-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91, I'm right there with ya man. The problem I see here is the assumed inclusion that we are all of the same cut here. We have common threads, our Yota's yes, but we are all very much individuals. I'm in Austin, Texas and by all means "urban wheeling" has often times saved us headaches around town. Same thing with my Triumph Trophy. There are things I can do on two wheels that I can't on four. Perks of vehicle selection. If I have the rig and the situation is appropriate in my judgment, then I am not going to bar myself through congressional ink. Real life, not paper!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Is it just me, or does that mall crawler picture have a funny advertisement >.>
Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 PM

This
he would do the dumest stuff. and you know what he is doing now? he is becoming a plummer, gets stoned out of his mined every day
the second half of the career sounds like an accurate description
Old 10-20-2009, 08:12 PM

exactly jipopotamo. i think people are thinking i go around town wheeling through bushes and over medians all day?? by now you have all heard what i have to say and my point. all im saying is say your in a parking space and the space in front of you is open but there is one of those little curbed wheel stops. i would just go over it instead of backing out and going around the parking lot. easyer not hurting anyone and you cant do this in your little civic. so do you see my point everyone? i utilize my ground clearance and 4wd to make things simpler. thats it. and my question to you all was do you do this too?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM

so all you started this about was going over a single curb to get to another parking spot in front of you.

really?
Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
hey guys do you ever do any urban wheeling just because you have a 4x4 " ground clearance over most vehicles" and can haha. what i mean is curbs, dumb bushes in you way, trying to take a right at an intersection and you cant get passed the car in front of you so you cut into the shoulder were there is pot holes and mud just because you can?? Me any my friend [COLOR="Red"]always go/COLOR] to tim hortons to get coffee and there is this lady who despises us because after she hands us our coffee i put er in 4 hi " so i don't have an embarrassing moment of open diff action" and cut to the right over the curb into the parking lot next to us " btw cops are always inside and never say a thing" and as i look in the rear view i see her shake here head haha " something tells me she dosent like us hehe" . what im saying is do you guys ever urban wheel your yotas and do you have any funny storys?

SOunds like smart thinking to me..

Also sounds like something that happens consistantly..

Last edited by 904_runner; 10-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 PM

yes i do it... verbaly yell at me im fine with it ha ha
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Grunnen
^you made that up.
i didnt make anything up...one of my family members (cant remember which one..lol) told me that in Florida (or a southern state of that region) came down to ONE VOTE..

it's not a big deal to me..but it is breaking the law..which is obviously illegal..duh

lots of people go straight in the turn lanes (happens alot..one lan is left turn only..the other is right turn or straight)..but i dont go around cars over the curb and into the grass...i wait for the light to turn green and the car to move so i can make my turn..yea it sucks waiting..but o well..that's the law..i guess some people just don't know how to abide by the law....of course that's your problem, not mine.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
i guess some people just don't know how to abide by the law....of course that's your problem, not mine.
Thats my point..

Just cause you can drive over something doesn't mean you should.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:29 PM

"giftcrabs" ?
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
"giftcrabs" ?
Read the one right above that...
Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 PM

"semon giftcrabs"

Come get you some!

Lol here in East Alton its a game to see how many short cuts you can take in a city lol. Like i have a path that I can go from one side of town to the other and only be on like 2 roads lol.

I urban wheel alot. Its fun when your just trying to get somewhere fast. And around here it may be illegal but we do it with the chief of police lol. Just when we tear it up we gotta fix it. Thats why i run stock and not like super swampers and stuff lol.

I have also stared down many things wishing i could drive up them and through them and when in STL as long as its not at a intersection your chance of seeing a cop is like .000000000001 and a half lol.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
everybody keeps posting up their opinions on the subject..but nobody (except for a few of you guys..lol) is grasping the fact that it IS illegal..

and about the parking lot concrete thing and the parking space..

i've been in that situation..but i didnt crawl over it..my wheelbase was wide enough that i just went past it..lmao so that one doesn't count hahaha
Old 10-20-2009, 08:35 PM

this wasn't something that i just found out about. i was just wondering if people would use there yota's to there advantage around town? you know off the trail do you use your truck to your advantage? most people are trapped in there cars and cant do what i stated so wanted to know if you used you lift or tires and 4wd to your advantage on road? i do and am glad that if i need to get through something or whatever i can. alot off you have bigger tires than me and good clutches so 4wd doesn't even matter for going over a curb lol. and ask you guys if you had a story or something relating to this. like being in traffic and being able to go over a curb to turn around while everyone in there cars cant. i love that fealing.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
"semon giftcrabs"

Come get you some!

lolz yep
Old 10-20-2009, 08:42 PM

everybody keeps posting up their opinions on the subject..but nobody (except for a few of you guys..lol) is grasping the fact that it IS illegal..

and about the parking lot concrete thing and the parking space..

i've been in that situation..but i didnt crawl over it..my wheelbase was wide enough that i just went past it..lmao so that one doesn't count hahaha
...and the older you get hopefully you decide at some point you don't want to break the law anymore because it ends up costing you money, hassle and time, and you really just don't want to deal with the man or the system.

Its all good. I did it. I grew up and got over it. You'll get over it. Just hope you don't hurt anybody.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
I've done it before, I'm not going to lie, but only in stupid parking lots that dont have cross-overs to the parking lot right next to it
ditto, that's so annoying.

I don't even "make improvised freeway exit ramps". It's a nasty citation if a cop sees you do it and I -really- don't trust the freeway ditches to be free-and-clear of tire-eaters (like rebar).
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM

i didnt make anything up...one of my family members (cant remember which one..lol) told me that in Florida (or a southern state of that region) came down to ONE VOTE..

it's not a big deal to me..but it is breaking the law..which is obviously illegal..duh

lots of people go straight in the turn lanes (happens alot..one lan is left turn only..the other is right turn or straight)..but i dont go around cars over the curb and into the grass...i wait for the light to turn green and the car to move so i can make my turn..yea it sucks waiting..but o well..that's the law..i guess some people just don't know how to abide by the law....of course that's your problem, not mine.
haha well we have something in common because i don't go drive across grass to get around somebody ether??? but you cant wreck a curb by just putting over it for a sec. And i know its illegal but nobody cares round here. wow are some of you like hard core mom's boy and never break a law EVER??
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 PM

well who would on a freeway? what is your house through the ditch and you need to go through it to get there?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: urban wheeling