Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

urban wheeling

Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
haha well we have something in common because i don't go drive across grass to get around somebody ether??? but you cant wreck a curb by just putting over it for a sec. And i know its illegal but nobody cares round here. wow are some of you like hard core mom's boy and never break a law EVER??
For me its not a matter of "oh no you broke the law!"

It's a matter of "oh s*** heres a $300 ticket and an extra $50 /mo of insurance"

I'm not saying i dont break the law but i dont do it for stupid reasons such as avoiding a ten second wait at a light
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its nothing to do with being a mamas boy. I broke lots of laws and did things and drove when and where I shouldn't...lots.

I got kids now and a wife and bills, and I don't need anymore from some dickwad cop with nothing better to do then write me a BS ticket for some stupid expedition across the median in a parking lot at the bank.

Like I said. Someday brother. No worries.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow are some of you like hard core mom's boy and never break a law EVER??
No hes not some dumbass kid that thinks he invincible and can get away with everything..

You keep saying you know its illegal, but everybody does it and your gonna continue to do it..

hopefully one day you mature enough like the rest of us to realize that additional 30 seconds isn't going to matter much.. but until then keep breaking the law, but one of these days your gonna get ticketed, but im sure your parents will pay for the fines and nothing will change..
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM

how are we "mom's boys"???..yes i have a mother??? and im hoping everyone does???

why break the law though??? whats the point? by breaking the laws like this..it seems to me like you're just breaking them...to be breaking them...i guess me and 904 and stagger are the only people in this thread to not break the law...to be breaking it..occasionally YES you do HAVE to break the law...but what ya'll are describing doesn't HAVE to be done..ya'll are doing it just to shave off a few seconds from point A to point B...
Old 10-20-2009, 08:55 PM

and that's how i am Al...i dont have the money to pay for tickets..or the extra insurance..my parents don't pay my tickets..lol
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
.ya'll are doing it just to shave off a few seconds from point A to point B...
I think they do it for fun. When you grow up, it aint that fun anymore. YOu have trailers and vacations to real wheeling spots you go to with your families. Mall wheeling gets lame real quick.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:59 PM

well who would on a freeway? what is your house through the ditch and you need to go through it to get there?
"traffic jam" is typical reason why some folks do it: bumper-to-bumper, often coming to a complete stop on a freeway. It sucks and your left leg gets a workout (for those of us that have clutches).

The ditch between the freeway and the access road is typically not fenced (here in TX, anyway), so any pickup can cross and some make a go for it.

Last edited by Windsor; 10-20-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 904_runner
so all you started this about was going over a single curb to get to another parking spot in front of you.

really?
he was referring to humping into the next parking lot, not parking spot.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:09 PM

my parents don't pay crap at all i pay for my truck and insurance and gas myself too. This isnt something i do all day all the time pretending im invincible and dont have to listen to the law. i dont know were you are getting this. if i come to an intersection and im going right usually there is a lane there and you go into it, stop, look, then turn. sometimes there is a pot hole or mud hole there and i wheel through it and make my right turn. that's it. i don't care if you wait for the light but im not im just going to go through the little pot hole and keep moving. And camo im not making fun of you or anything i respect that you would rather wait and never do something like me and thats fine. around were i live everyone does this and i don't know anybody that wouldn't do the same as us here. so maybe stagger i will get that one cop who will get me and thats fine for me.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Windsor
"traffic jam" is typical reason why some folks do it: bumper-to-bumper, often coming to a complete stop on a freeway. It sucks and your left leg gets a workout (for those of us that have clutches).

The ditch between the freeway and the access road is typically not fenced (here in TX, anyway), so any pickup can cross and some make a go for it.
k well im not that impatient that i would do that i was talking of a intersection turning right. i didnt know people down there do that lol. are highways have big ditches and fences too haha.

Last edited by 91_TOYOTA_4x4; 10-20-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:16 PM

our highways have turnaround spots in them for situations like that lol although some say NO U TURN..but not all of them??..weird..
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 PM

yah camo we have big grass areas between oncoming laneon the highway and they have small roads were it connects to the other side. but its almost impossible to get on them because you would have to slow down to at least 20km/h to get on them lol.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 PM

my parents don't pay crap at all i pay for my truck and insurance and gas myself too.
add a mortgage, homeowners insurance, property taxes, food for family of four, diapers and fun, then hit me up and we'll see how many risks you take. Even if think its not a risk or nobody cares, it takes one cop having a bad day and it could cost you.

No hard feelings, hey?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
add a mortgage, homeowners insurance, property taxes, food for family of four, diapers and fun, then hit me up and we'll see how many risks you take. Even if think its not a risk or nobody cares, it takes one cop having a bad day and it could cost you.

No hard feelings, hey?
yah i understand you and that makes perfect sense
i wouldn't be taking chances that could affect my family too. for me and other guys that maybe don't have family's to support i don't see it being a big deal thats all.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:34 PM

My risks now involve letting my 9 year drive my 4runner when we go to the desert. haha So, I take it back... I still break the law, I just try to do it in the middle of no where. He knows how to drive stick now and shift thru 4WD gears.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:37 PM

no hard feelings guys..lol

well..ya know ya don't HAVE to slow to 20km/h..lmao..if ya cut your wheels just right..you can drift right in there and take it at about 45 or 50mph..LMFAO..

no i dont do that.............................................. ...often.........ok only once..and it was in a Ford Thunderbird that a friend bought to do stupid stuff in..lmao..it was really quite exhilarating(sp?)..really got the juices flowin hahaha
although the gf didnt like it too much....i think she had ta change her undershorts after that one..
Old 10-20-2009, 09:42 PM

My risks now involve letting my 9 year drive my 4runner when we go to the desert. haha So, I take it back... I still break the law, I just try to do it in the middle of no where. He knows how to drive stick now and shift thru 4WD gears.
NIIICEEE...lmao..see..i will probably do that

i can't wait to have a son..or a daughter lol..oh and be jealous guys..my girl's a diesel mechanic (no we are not planning on kids anytime soon..lmao..wayyy to expensive) and she can drive the yota...she used to drive a 3/4 dodge ext cab shortbed 4wd on 36's hahaha..yep..she bought it from the junkyard with a blown motor (something to do with the bearings..i can't remember..we weren't dating then..lol) and she rebuilt the motor from top to bottom!.bought it for $1800 and sold it for over $5000..hahhahahahaha..then she bought a dodge durango?????she's also got a big bronco for the mud bogs..hahahah
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Mall wheeling gets lame real quick.
mall wheeling got lame the first day lmao! im 18 too and ive done some dumb a$$ stuff, all in public areas too. yeah i made sure no one was near and no one could get hurt. the police was always on the back of my mind but after you gotta do some heavy duty fixing on ur truck from breaking stuff on those dumb "urban adventures" then you will get that its not even worth it. ive had to pay close to $1000 in repairs from a couple of horrible urban wheeling decscions i made. thankfully im done with it, i cant afford it, and its not worth that 2 seconds of joy that ends up causing more harm than good
Old 10-20-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
no hard feelings guys..lol

well..ya know ya don't HAVE to slow to 20km/h..lmao..if ya cut your wheels just right..you can drift right in there and take it at about 45 or 50mph..LMFAO..

no i dont do that.............................................. ...often.........ok only once..and it was in a Ford Thunderbird that a friend bought to do stupid stuff in..lmao..it was really quite exhilarating(sp?)..really got the juices flowin hahaha
although the gf didnt like it too much....i think she had ta change her undershorts after that one..
Yeah I pulled the ebrake on a rental car coming around a corner to park in front of my girfriends (now wife's) house. Did a 180 and hit the curb but parked perfectly backwards facing, but parallel. Her dad and mom watched the whole incident through the family room window. They were pissed. IT was my rental though? so f-them right? haha I paid for insurance.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 PM

hahahahaha wow thats sooo legit, can he even reach the peddles? im curious hhaha my cousin is 9 and hes soooo short. but i diddnt get behind the wheel until 15

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: urban wheeling