86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

so my yota is totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so my yota is totaled...

i was coming down mcandrews yesterday in medford OR going through the intersection of mcandrews and court st. my light was green and i was in the left lane heading east, as i entered the intersection doing about 35 (which is the speed limit) some old lady in her suburban in the oncoming turn lane decides that she's going to turn on a red light and as she started her turn i smashed into the front right side of her suburban...i was driving and my best friend was in the passenger seat. and then my friend josh was in the back of the truck with his back to the toolbox. we all went to the hospital but josh went in the ambulance...luckily he wasn't hurt too bad. we are all ok for the most part but extremely sore..but the down fall to all of this is that my truck is totaled...................... i hate looking at all the pictures of it because i just wanna cry when i see it all crushed up...here are the pics of the wreck and some before shots....support would be nice, thank you all

and here's after that bitch screwed up my day......

this is what my friends back did to the toolbox...thank god he's ok

sorry about the language i just need to vent...i know you guys are all yota lovers and after this truck i am as well...i'm definitely going to miss this truck a hell of alot...i spent 8 months after i bought it with a blown motor and turned it into this slowly and now this happens....thanks again for all of your guys' support.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:52 PM

That sucks, dude. I'm sorry hear 'bout it, but am glad to hear that you and your buds all ok. Thats the important thing! Have you had a chance to check out the frame? If it's still straight, maybe after all the red tape and BS is done with the ins, you can buy it back and put her back together. Thats what I would do. This broad, she DID have ins.....right?
Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow. I would of flipped out so bad at that lady. Im sure you did that already tho.

If you plan on getting another yota, see if you can take those tires and wheels, or wheels, or anything else you can bolt on your new rig.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
aw man

that's really sucks man...

glad everyone's okay
Old 04-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My sympathies whole-heartedly given and glad to hear it didn't turn out as bad as it could've.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Dude that sucks! I am also from central point (go to school in Kfalls). If you need any help with finding a new yota or help with insurance companies paying you out let me know (worked at a body shop for awhile dealt with insurance quite a bit) or if you just need some help in general let me know.....best of luck
Old 04-18-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by a4runnerfreak
That sucks, dude. I'm sorry hear 'bout it, but am glad to hear that you and your buds all ok. Thats the important thing! Have you had a chance to check out the frame? If it's still straight, maybe after all the red tape and BS is done with the ins, you can buy it back and put her back together. Thats what I would do. This broad, she DID have ins.....right?
yeah she has good insurance she's an attorneys wife...

i talked to the tow company and they said it's totaled....which kills me but it is what it is...but they were nice enough to tell me that after the insurance adjuster comes out and totals it i can buy it back which i will do if the motor is untouched because it only has 4500 miles on it...but he said if i don't want to buy it back then i can swap out the wheels and tires for the stock ones that i have and take all of my like my grant steering wheel and my t handle shift knob out of it and thats what i wanted to hear. but i have to wait until monday so the insurance can deal with it...

and you bet i freaked out on this lady she wouldn't look at me and she didn't get out of her car until the police got there! i was so pissed and i had mixed emotions...at first it was straight adrenaline and i was freakin out at the old bitch and then when i got out and saw my truck i started crying and then i was pissed again and then i worried about my friend josh in the back, everyone was surprised that he wasn't ejected from the truck. i guess all 3 of us will be getting settlements for the injuries caused plus all the medical bills paid for. and i will be getting another yota plus mine if the motor is still good in it. i haven't got a chance to look at it yet so idk what the condition of everything is in...
Old 04-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Glad your friend riding in the back of the truck is okay as he could have been hurt bad.

Don't know about your local laws but that is here.

Good luck with fixing your truck.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by PirateMcgee
Dude that sucks! I am also from central point (go to school in Kfalls). If you need any help with finding a new yota or help with insurance companies paying you out let me know (worked at a body shop for awhile dealt with insurance quite a bit) or if you just need some help in general let me know.....best of luck
thank you man. thank you alot! if and when i get a new yota i'll be swappin motors or doin somethin so i will let you know for sure. my name's Dayne and my phone number is 541-621-4214 you can call or txt me anytime. thanx again
Old 04-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Glad your friend riding in the back of the truck is okay as he could have been hurt bad.

Don't know about your local laws but that is here.

Good luck with fixing your truck.

as it is here. legal in vegas though...
anyways bro, sad to hear bout the wreck. glad u guys r okay. remember rigs r replaceable, lives arent. its stories like this that make me believe in miracles and fate. someone upstairs must like the guy in the bed.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
as it is here. legal in vegas though...
anyways bro, sad to hear bout the wreck. glad u guys r okay. remember rigs r replaceable, lives arent. its stories like this that make me believe in miracles and fate. someone upstairs must like the guy in the bed.
yeah thats what we all said, he got extremely lucky! i'm just glad that nobody was hurt bad...
Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 PM

That sucks...Oregon has too many soccer moms driving suburbans on there phones...trust me, I pump there gas.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so does cali. but they cant be allowed on their phones nemore... or they get a ticket
Old 04-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91Toyota
That sucks...Oregon has too many soccer moms driving suburbans on there phones...trust me, I pump there gas.
"their" gas 91
Old 04-18-2009, 07:32 PM

if it gives u any support at all... my truck was like that and i fixed it myself for $1500

thread for full details:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...nt-end-167188/

some pictures before and after (had none of the total damage of the car crash T_T)

after welding on some sheet metal...

Hope you and ur friend's back is ok
Old 04-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

ah yes, xzyragon had quite the rebuild from a similarly looking damaged Toy

and he did a fantastic job on it I might add
Old 04-18-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
ah yes, xzyragon had quite the rebuild from a similarly looking damaged Toy

and he did a fantastic job on it I might add
all i can say is time, patience, and yotatech for all the problems that u can't answer
Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ah dude that blows, best wishes to get a new truck. Man just be happy its not as bad as what it could have been.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Ah man that sucks! Glad ya'll are ok, holy heck! Good luck with the rebuild!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is what my friends back did to the toolbox...thank god he's ok

He is dang lucky. I am an EMT and just by looking at it, your friend is lucky not to have a broke back or neck. If you were doing 35, figure she was doing just 5 or 10 mph just pulling out, that puts an impact speed of 40 to 45 mph that your friend had on the tool box.

Quick Reply: so my yota is totaled...