86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Post Dates

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dates

When I look at all of these posts they seem to all date back years ago. There are times that I had a great answer for someone but wonder if it useless for me to reply or if people still send in replies. Maybe everyones asnswered all the questions? Maybe I'm not reading it right. I don't know. Can someone shed some light on this for me? I enjoy the community even though I'm older than dirt! Thanks a bunch...and keep the good stuff coming! I'm a lifetime learner!

Last edited by Captk; 01-27-2019 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-27-2019, 09:06 AM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Welcome
What do you have that brought you here?
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I wish there was a way to see when the original post was posted before opening it and looking, maybe there is, but I don't know how. The thread will pop up when someone asks something but they might be replying to a thread that's 10 years old! I too am older then dirt, maybe that has something to do with it . Kids now (and I can call them kids) were born in a different time, most of them with I-Phone built into them
Maybe someone will have the time to teach us old guys, we're still willing and able to learn
Old 01-27-2019, 09:15 AM

Received 822 Likes on 649 Posts
Welcome to YotaTech.
Originally Posted by Captk
When I look at all of these posts they seem to all date back years ago. ..
All of the posts all date back years? I think you might be exaggerating. This one forum alone has over 60,000 separate threads! More than 150 of them had posts in just this month (January) alone. Some of the threads have over 10,000 replies (and over 5 million views)! Not too bad for a forum devoted to vehicles that haven't been built in over 20 years.

If you want "active" discussions, just stop by every now and then and scroll through the first two pages or so of posts. They will all be quite recent. We'd love to hear from you.

There are times that I had a great answer for someone ...
We'll be the judge of that. ;^)

No, no, I'm kidding. Post away. Even to an "old" thread. (Your post pulls that thread to the top. Your answer may not help the original poster, but lots of us skim these pages regularly for answers to questions we didn't know we had!)

If you do have a "great" answer, SHOW us. Have a link to the Factory Service Manual or a TSB or Toyota Classroom guide or RockAuto. Provide photographs demonstrating how your method makes sense. Don't just say "I'm really smart and this is how I say you have to do it." Why would someone believe that?
Old 01-27-2019, 09:17 AM

Received 283 Likes on 211 Posts
Maybe this should become the "I'm so old, in history class we just wrote down what we did that day" forum.
Old Farts UNITE! If I get any older I may start farting dust.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by akwheeler
Maybe this should become the "I'm so old, in history class we just wrote down what we did that day" forum.
ak
United we stand.............BTW, how do you like the color I picked for dirt
Old 01-27-2019, 09:35 AM

Wait just a minute................your profile says your only 52, or soon to be. I have clothes older then you

Circa 1965 The matching boots are long gone
Old 01-27-2019, 12:13 PM

Received 283 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by NYHumpinUtah
Wait just a minute................your profile says your only 52, or soon to be. I have clothes older then you

Circa 1965 The matching boots are long gone
I lied, I would never put my real birthday on any website.
I also helped lay the keel for the Arc. I wish I had swatted those two mosquitos!

Last edited by akwheeler; 01-27-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:47 PM

I lied, I would never put my real birthday on any website.
I also helped lay the keel for the Arc. I wish I had swatted those two mosquitos!
Wow, I should have looked for your name when I when to see it in Kentucky
Old 01-27-2019, 01:05 PM

Ok, so back to the original topic, What we need is a 1st posted column.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by NYHumpinUtah
Ok, so back to the original topic, What we need is a 1st posted column.
Yes!

At the very least show when the thread started on mouse over.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:34 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Yes, it is totally fine to post on older threads if you find you have something to add.

If the thread is say more than a year old, it would be best to say you are adding some information to the thread for future readers so we know that you are not expecting a reply from someone who has not logged in in over a decade.

I have just gotten used to reading the post dates on threads before I read too deeply into the thread.

Welcome!
Old 01-28-2019, 04:45 AM

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts
When I look at all of these posts they seem to all date back years ago. There are times that I had a great answer for someone but wonder if it useless for me to reply or if people still send in replies. Maybe everyones asnswered all the questions? Maybe I'm not reading it right. I don't know. Can someone shed some light on this for me? I enjoy the community even though I'm older than dirt! Thanks a bunch...and keep the good stuff coming! I'm a lifetime learner!

If you click on a thread and read it, be careful when you scroll. First comes the end of the thread and an "answer box". Then comes some random old thread with a simmilar subject, including another answer box at the bottom.
I have scrolled right past the correct answer box and answered thread from years ago. It's not just you!