Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Marlin crawler bumper problems, customer service

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marlin crawler bumper problems, customer service

Last Monday i ordered a new marlin crawler rear bumper for my 86 Toyota pickup. When it arrived this Monday my excitement was a little cut short by missing parts. First off no MC step pate and second no mounting hardware third no spacers on the D ring mounts. All of this is on the marlin crawler website pictures shown on my model truck. Called marlin and was put on hold twice the last time someone new picked up and i had to explain all over again. The first man seemed very helpful and said he would take care of it. I called back the next day and got the second rep i had called yesterday. He told me i needed to send pictures of the bumper i had received. Now i was really pissed, I had already offered to let them send me the pieces and me weld them on. We'll i sent them all the pictures i could take and called them later and the man said he would check his mail later and he would give me a call. I haven't received a call yet. I tell you guys if my parts aint here by Friday that bumper is going back and its going to be charged to them. I hate dealing with customer service. We'll see tomorrow what the deal is.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM

I hate marlin, because of the same thing, their customer service sucked, no one answered my calls or emails till i said i want my money back, was replied to almost immediately. That is why i shop TG
Old 04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Might try posting the problems and photos on Marlin's product support forum:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/
Old 04-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

Marlins customer service has a lot to be desired but be persistent and THEY WILL make it right. They are a great company but they have outgrown their shoes recently and are working through a lot of issues. I was in the same boat as you till recently until I had a chance to meet and wheel with some of the staff personally. They are a good bunch of dudes.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:00 PM

x2, their popularity has out grown their capability, Ive seen this happen a lot and its part of the growing process. They should at least get points for getting it out in less than a week.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:03 PM

I know but really if you can't satisfy one customer then what is the point in being in the business. I like the bumper but hell its halfway assembled.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I asked for a quote on a clutch kit 4 days ago and no reply
Old 04-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 4Crawler
Might try posting the problems and photos on Marlin's product support forum:
http://board.marlincrawler.com/
they'll erase it.... that's what they did to me... if you slightly let in about how upset you are it'll get yanked...

Originally Posted by fthertime666
x2, their popularity has out grown their capability, Ive seen this happen a lot and its part of the growing process. They should at least get points for getting it out in less than a week.
Marlin coulda been popular and capable of it if he'd have listened to Chris Gieger's advice... which is why we still have people bitching about MC, and a new company called Trail Gear that kicks ass...

Originally Posted by Jay351
I asked for a quote on a clutch kit 4 days ago and no reply
trust me on this... you'll be saved a huge headache by just going elsewhere... Inchworm, Trail Gear, etc... my experience from trying to order/recieving wrong parts/sending ☺☺☺☺ back/ being hung up on everyday/bla bla bla MC's ultimate clutch is what made me anti Marlin now...

-Jason
Old 04-18-2007, 03:49 AM

We'll from what i have been hearing from you guys i am a bit worried.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:56 AM

yeah I LOVE my Marlin rear Bumper on my 89 runner, but frankly it left a few things to be desired as well. First off as has been confirmed by several measurements and a body shop my frame is straight, but oddly enough the bloody bumper did not go on too smoothly, it sits a bit to the left (not enough to effect the tailgate but...)and it was a SUPER BITCH TO GET ON! I didn't know about the spacers for the Shackle D-rings... to top it all off, they didn't even throw in any Marlin stickers... now I ask you what is a new toy without stickers??? I really like Marlins stuf, and I was really itching to get a front bumper to match, but with the wait time I experienced on the rear alone (read: 8 months from order to delivery!!!!!!!) and the hassles, I am sad to say I may have to look elsewhere.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:00 AM

Yeah they make really good stuff, but so far there customer service is a joke.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i ordered a flywheel last tues. they sent me the wrong one, called them on friday, steve told me he would send out a new one, called again on this tues. stil has'nt been sent out. They seem like cool guys but they really need to get their act toghter ( i worked mail order parts for a few years so i know how it is) probably won't order any more stuff from them-
Old 04-18-2007, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sonofmayhem
I hate marlin, because of the same thing, their customer service sucked, no one answered my calls or emails till i said i want my money back, was replied to almost immediately. That is why i shop TG
#1 I'm sorry you feel that way but we can't make everybody happy. #2 We just installed a new phone system with 6 incoming lines. I have recieved alot of compliments from customers about our phone system since.#3 Clint we recieved your email and are building you a new bumper this mourning that was going to ship out today. The shipping guy rapped up a old style bumper and shipped that to you. I don't expect you are any customer to have to weld on our bumpers to make them right. If this will not work for you let Steve know when he calls you in the next couple minutes and we will refund your money in full and get the bumper back. I'm also sorry that you feel we can't even make one customer happy. I try to help every customer but sometimes I can't stop everthing and solve the problem right there, that would not be fair to the other customers. If anybody has problems like this related to our customer service you should post on our forum witch has been up-dated with a private pm thread that links directly to any of are customers service reps.

Thanks CJ
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 AM

Clint I just tried to call you about your bumper. I left a message and will try agian later.

Thanks CJ
Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Freak
yeah I LOVE my Marlin rear Bumper on my 89 runner, but frankly it left a few things to be desired as well. First off as has been confirmed by several measurements and a body shop my frame is straight, but oddly enough the bloody bumper did not go on too smoothly, it sits a bit to the left (not enough to effect the tailgate but...)and it was a SUPER BITCH TO GET ON! I didn't know about the spacers for the Shackle D-rings... to top it all off, they didn't even throw in any Marlin stickers... now I ask you what is a new toy without stickers??? I really like Marlins stuf, and I was really itching to get a front bumper to match, but with the wait time I experienced on the rear alone (read: 8 months from order to delivery!!!!!!!) and the hassles, I am sad to say I may have to look elsewhere.
im in the same boat...i love the look/functionality of their stuff, but to have to wait months would be something i cant do...makes me think about going elsewhere with my hard earned dollar...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by crazywb
Clint I just tried to call you about your bumper. I left a message and will try agian later.

Thanks CJ

please tell me you sent out a flywheel for plaza tire, i need to get my truck back- chris
Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by norcalsvx
please tell me you sent out a flywheel for plaza tire, i need to get my truck back- chris

In Transit
Scheduled Delivery: 04/18/2007

From the ups Web site.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will have to say the phone issue sucks...I ordered a clutch kit with new slave, master, and new shifter bushings...Parts got to me on time but was missing the shifter bushings...took 3 days to get someone on the phone but when they got on the phone they had the issue resolved immediatly and part to me in 1 day...I am completly satisified with the product that I recieved and would do business with again
Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 1styota4X4
I will have to say the phone issue sucks...I ordered a clutch kit with new slave, master, and new shifter bushings...Parts got to me on time but was missing the shifter bushings...took 3 days to get someone on the phone but when they got on the phone they had the issue resolved immediatly and part to me in 1 day...I am completly satisified with the product that I recieved and would do business with again
When did you have this phone issue. We just spent alot of money on a new system and should have all the bugs worked out. The phone tech guy gave us a thumps up last week. Phones have been a problem and a thorn in my side for some time. We have addressed this problem and made it even easier for people to pm the sales reps threw our online forum in a private manner so phone #'s, Tracking #'s etc can be exchanged.

Thanks CJ
Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by crazywb
In Transit
Scheduled Delivery: 04/18/2007

From the ups Web site.
thanks

Quick Reply: Marlin crawler bumper problems, customer service