Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

IFS Bracket Lift with Long Travel

Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IFS Bracket Lift with Long Travel

Has anyone that have a yota with an IFS bracket lift (preferably 4 inches lol) installed Long travel with it? Just wanted to see what it would look like. So if you got it post some pics of your rig please. It doesn't matter which LT kit.

Also I just wanted some opinions if installing a long travel kit on an already IFS lifted toyota is a bad idea or not. I've only read one person that says its good, but I want more opinions.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
i think with a 4" bracket lift and the lift and travel gain from LT will eat the brackets apart... especially if you jumped it... heh
Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah no bueno long travel would probably up travel 2 much and smash bracket lift in to ground
Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 PM

please check out and search Blazeland. Blazeland is a new entry into the LT market and he has stated in the past that he has used a bracket lift in conjuction with his LT kits. Either way this is the route i will go in the future...

his website/prices/pics are here.... www.blazeland.us
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
i think with a 4" bracket lift and the lift and travel gain from LT will eat the brackets apart... especially if you jumped it... heh
Originally Posted by ibeamtaco
yeah no bueno long travel would probably up travel 2 much and smash bracket lift in to ground
Yeah that would suck lol. I guess I need to find used spindles then because I think the trailmaster kit replaces it with theirs. I'm not sure, because I didn't install it, but that's what it looks like.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:12 PM

its not possible the spindles for a bracket lift and long travel kit are differnt and like said you would have on hell of a wreck! if you jumped it and all the brackets that come with the drop kit the stresses on them would be crazy you would prolly need an entire front end after i would say about an hour if you jumped it
Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by cheap4r
please check out and search Blazeland. Blazeland is a new entry into the LT market and he has stated in the past that he has used a bracket lift in conjuction with his LT kits. Either way this is the route i will go in the future...

his website/prices/pics are here.... www.blazeland.us
Yeah I've read about blazeland and also read aalba's build-up thread on here. That's the long travel I was interested in too haha.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by cr@ves4wheelin
Yeah that would suck lol. I guess I need to find used spindles then because I think the trailmaster kit replaces it with theirs. I'm not sure, because I didn't install it, but that's what it looks like.
ok so now im confused on what you are trying to do
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by fireman1559
its not possible the spindles for a bracket lift and long travel kit are differnt and like said you would have on hell of a wreck! if you jumped it and all the brackets that come with the drop kit the stresses on them would be crazy you would prolly need an entire front end after i would say about an hour if you jumped it
i have neaver noticed any diffrence in spindel from lt kit to bracket lift a lot of guys use the fabtech spindel with lt i did when i still had aarms the spindel just has to be the wright height
Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by fireman1559
ok so now im confused on what you are trying to do
well I wanted to install long travel without removing my lift kit, but so far it seems like a bad idea lol

also thanks for all the responses guys, I appreciate it.

Last edited by cr@ves4wheelin; 01-19-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:38 PM

i talked to Nate from blazeland. his brother is using the blaze land kit with a 4" drop bracket lift. he said in the two years his brother has used the kit that nothing has failed and its held up really good. Im going to be running a 4" drop bracket and blazland long travel very soon.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by 93YotaMonster
i talked to Nate from blazeland. his brother is using the blaze land kit with a 4" drop bracket lift. he said in the two years his brother has used the kit that nothing has failed and its held up really good. Im going to be running a 4" drop bracket and blazland long travel very soon.
That's good, it'll be a while before I try to go for the blazeland kit. If you get it installed, post a pic please.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM

also check out products from total chaos you can buy just parts and not the complete kit if you don't want to
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM

total chaos is a the best for toyota bolt on lt in my opinion some people like camburg but not me and y not just take drop kit off
Old 01-19-2010, 10:18 PM

total chaos is a the best for toyota bolt on lt in my opinion some people like camburg but not me and y not just take drop kit off
Idk, I just don't want to take off the thing if I don't have too.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:26 PM

ok but i think you will get the most strengeth if you take bracket off but w.e works have fun man
Old 01-19-2010, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by bigarms23
also check out products from total chaos you can buy just parts and not the complete kit if you don't want to
Yeah total chaos looks good, but I'd rather go for the cheaper blazeland kit where I have all the parts necessary to have long travel. Nothing against Total Chaos, it's just that I'd rather go for a more affordable route. Plus the blazeland kit doesn't require shock hoops lol.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:38 PM

ok but i think you will get the most strengeth if you take bracket off but w.e works have fun man
Thanks man, I appreciate the input.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Theres some serious misconceptions here...
You won't smash the brackets into the ground with long travel..
Theres an invention called bump-stops.

Bracket lifts aren't designed to lift the truck and look cool. Most are designed with the consumers safety in mind, and are built to the highest possible specs. You go out wheeling with your 4x4, why wouldnt you trust a bracket lift.

The spindles and hub kits that come with the bracket lifts WILL work for blazeland LT. The only difference between a bracket lift's spindle/hubs and a stock hub assy is that the bracket lift one has a 4" ball-joint spacer on it, to say.

Now, to throw a long travel kit on the bracket lift, you'll be looking at around 7-8" of lift total.
You can keep the 4" of lift by removing the bracket lift and putting on the LT. But, alot of times with a bracket lift you have to cut some tabs off that hold on the diff.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys,

The combo kit has potential. A few years back I installed a Superlift / Blazeland combo onto my brothers truck. The Superlift drop bracket kit advertises 4-5" of lift. The Blazeland long arms are adjustable depending on where you set the pre-load via the torsion bar adjusting bolt. On my brothers truck I didn't crank in a whole lot of lift, only about 2". If you have a drop bracket kit on your truck and are used to the 4" lifted ride height and the raised center of gravity, another 2" higher with a 6" wider track width won't be outrageous! The combo kit will clear 33" and 35" tires and you will get 12" of wheel travel. I'll call my brother and have him send some photos of his truck. Check in after the weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IFS Bracket Lift with Long Travel