Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HHO (Hydrogen Oxygen) gas on demand setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW made a race car that ran on pure Hydrogen, but that was a few years ago. Not this mason jar and some clear hose junk. The best way to get around this problem with gas prices and MPG is to take it in the butt and live with it, we own toyota trucks. We know that they don't get the best mileage, but we still drive them even with a gas pump stuck in the brown eye.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:10 PM

ok ive got to say something. Ive been hearing all of this talk that you cannot make more than 100% efficiency. not true! we havent figured out how to do it yet.

We did it with human power. if you use a pulley system you can increase the strength of a man by at least 3 times.

Also im sure some of you are familiar with hydraulics and the related properties. the rule of three i think its called basically if you use a small cylinder that forces the fluid in a container 3 times the size you exponentially increase the power exerted by that cylinder.

It can happen. I dont know if this works but all you guys who keep saying it impossible need to wake up and realize we dont know why 99% of the stuff that happens...happens. Look at when cars first came out people thought you would die if you went over 30 miles per hour Just cause you read it in a book or heard it from Al Gore doesnt make it right.

Why read a book when you could be doing things others can only write about. Go out and do it yourself. Good luck to all and im going to be starting a similar experiment soon.

Just thought of another one nuclear. it all starts with one proton being shot at one molecule which then triggers a chain reaction. a lot less energy is being used to make it happen than is being released.

Also to you guys talking about pressure why would you want it? you are using the vacuum pressure of the motor to pull the gas into the intake and mixing it with the air/fuel as needed. Not to mention it is not safe to be driving around with pressurized hydrogen gas in your car. It is probably the most explosive element on the planet. Remember when they tested the H-bomb after WWII it took an entire island off the map.

Anyway im not trying to say I know everything cause I dont, but neither do you, ALL OF YOU!

Last edited by js9924; 04-21-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh_-D...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCel...eature=related

i put these up on my thread about the hho cell group buy

Last edited by CyMoN; 04-21-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by js9924
ok ive got to say something. Ive been hearing all of this talk that you cannot make more than 100% efficiency. not true! we havent figured out how to do it yet.

We did it with human power. if you use a pulley system you can increase the strength of a man by at least 3 times.

Also im sure some of you are familiar with hydraulics and the related properties. the rule of three i think its called basically if you use a small cylinder that forces the fluid in a container 3 times the size you exponentially increase the power exerted by that cylinder.

It can happen. I dont know if this works but all you guys who keep saying it impossible need to wake up and realize we dont know why 99% of the stuff that happens...happens. Look at when cars first came out people thought you would die if you went over 30 miles per hour Just cause you read it in a book or heard it from Al Gore doesnt make it right.

Why read a book when you could be doing things others can only write about. Go out and do it yourself. Good luck to all and im going to be starting a similar experiment soon.

Just thought of another one nuclear. it all starts with one proton being shot at one molecule which then triggers a chain reaction. a lot less energy is being used to make it happen than is being released.

Also to you guys talking about pressure why would you want it? you are using the vacuum pressure of the motor to pull the gas into the intake and mixing it with the air/fuel as needed. Not to mention it is not safe to be driving around with pressurized hydrogen gas in your car. It is probably the most explosive element on the planet. Remember when they tested the H-bomb after WWII it took an entire island off the map.

Anyway im not trying to say I know everything cause I dont, but neither do you, ALL OF YOU!
Ah, the classic, "I slept through physics in high school" response.

No man. No.

You cannot exceed 100% efficiency. Not now, not ever. If you could, its entirely possible that a hole would open up on the universe, and we'd get swallowed up.

Increasing the strength of a man is not even remotely the same thing as what we're talking about here. I do the same thing in my truck by putting my truck into low range. I multiply the torque and power with gears, and I get more at the rear end.

Efficiency is a measure of how much energy you get out of a system for the energy that you put in. Engines are currently around 20% efficient because they lose a lot to heat.

We are talking about energy. There is a finite amount. If you put 1 unit of energy into a system, the MAXIMUM amount of energy you can get out is one unit. No more. Certainly a lot less.

You can go a head and try, and good luck to be sure. If you come up with something that appears to put out more energy than you put in, you've missed something. And you will have to scam people into buying it, since the patent office will laugh you out of their doors.

Its called perpetual motion, look it up.

Oh, and I read books so that I can read what others have thought of already, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel everytime I want to try something new. You should try it. It would save you a lot of time.

Lastly, what the hell does Al Gore have to do with basic physics? He's the global warming guy, not a physicist. Not to be confused, although I'm sure he'd be flattered.

Last edited by AxleIke; 04-21-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:24 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, there is so much wrong with this post, where to start ... ah yes, the beginning

Um, OK - but even Einstein admitted the laws of thermodynamics are inviolable.

You increase the FORCE, but lower the SPEED. The POWER remains the same.

Good luck. If you can do it, you will be a very rich, famous man. Or you could be another broken down dream of perpetual motion alongside the highway of life.

Ummm ... no, it doesn't. You have to add up all the chemical energy within the substance, nuclear fission is simply a way of releasing that so it can be harnessed.

An H-bomb does not use hydrogen as an explosive. It uses nuclear fusion.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/nuclear-bomb.htm

I don't think anyone on here is professing to know it all ... some of us just know three things:
1. In any process, the total energy of the universe remains the same.
2. The entropy of an isolated system not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium.
3. As temperature approaches absolute zero, the entropy of a system approaches a constant minimum.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:27 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait, did I just quote the Laws of Thermodynamics in a YT post ... god I AM a geek ...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by tc
Ummm ... no, it doesn't. You have to add up all the chemical energy within the substance, nuclear fission is simply a way of releasing that so it can be harnessed.
This is actually different.... This is what Einstein was talking about with his famous equation E=MC^2

You can create energy because as you said above "chemical energy" - well nuclear reactions aren't chemical reactions, they are nuclear reactions and when you take a small mass and multiply it by the speed of light twice you end up with a lot of energy. A LOT. This is very different from chemical equations. (Oh, btw you do lose mass though - this is where it breaks the laws "energy cannot be created or destroyed" and "mass cannot be created or destroyed" .... well using E=mc^2 the new law has something to do with the two laws together... but this is only in nuclear reactions - completely irrelevant to cars which are chemical reactions.

wow im tired - that is really hard to read ^^ sorry

Last edited by chadbobb; 04-21-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

E=MC^2 does not violate the laws of thermodynamics. There is no energy created at all. Only released. There is an enormous amount of energy needed to hold atoms together. That is what is released.

Atom bombs have several parts. You use a chemical explosive to drive a trigger, usually plutonium, which, incidentally, were manufactured about 8 miles from Boulder here. The trigger is emitting, either alpha or gamma, particles, I can't remember. That is what begins the chain reaction in the enriched uranium or whatever you're using for a main source.

But again, I repeat, there is NO ENERGY CREATED OR DESTROYED.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 PM

Something along the same line here.
A buddy I used to hang with a long while ago, ran a direct water injection system in his 70 Plymouth. Was basically a water tank in his trunk,pressurized(PSI ?) with a hose running from that to his carb. A very small mist of water was sucked in during normal running of the engine. He could adjust the mist by varying the pressure,IE: highway or hills. He swore better power,mileage and less carbon buildup. A simple setup,and with wasted heat, could help.
In a way, it makes sense. Water when heated expands,and in a small space like a combustion chamber,can increase compression.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be converted in to matter within the bounds of physics.

wait, what does this have to do with hooking up a jar of water to your battery and it giving you power? We have basically proven that that will not work, at least not in the setup that was proposed. the concept has the potential to work, on a much larger scale, that would output a much larger volume of gas.

I say we drive nuclear powered cars. If its good enough for Naval ships its good enough for me =D
Old 04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Houston (home), Atlanta (school), Cincinnati (work)
Originally Posted by gamerndm
I say we drive nuclear powered cars. If its good enough for Naval ships its good enough for me =D
kinda like the Nuclear jet engine that GE made/experimented with in the 50s and 60s
Old 04-21-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heck, i would be happy with a reactor and steam turbine setup like on the ships.

each rod would cost thousands, but you only have to refuel once ever 25 years or so...

plus you could get a decent amount of power from a good steam turbine
Old 04-22-2008, 03:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thats not even close to right...

a block and tackle system is less than 100% efficient. yes you use 1/3 of the force (actually a little more due to friction) but you have to pull the rope 3 times as far.

Hydraulics are the same thing. Its pretty basic physics. sounds like its time to take a physics class

so basically now the proponets of this system are claiming that it creates energy through nuclear fision/fusion???

Last edited by MMA_Alex; 04-22-2008 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
electrolysis

ok first of all if you are turning a slightly salinated sample of water into
hho (2ho, or hydrogen gas), it is electrolysis. it is the process of passing a current of energy through water to breakdown the water molecules into hydrogen gas. it is incredibly simple to do this. so simple you begin to wonder why this process isnt already standard equipment in vehicles from the 1980's. whenever you have heard of cars running on water, this is basically it. welcome to the future. and since pure water isnt quite conductive enough, a lot of people add some salt to the water to make the process easier.

but as for the first person who posted this thread, i am really interested to see what you have done to your vehicle. did you add the gas to the air intake or did you somehow put it through the injectors?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 AM

ok i have no idea what im talking about but heres a few things i thought.

If this idea really worked, how come this is the first time its really been mentioned seriously, how come theres not cars already comming equiped with it?

If a car really ran on pure water, it would be bigger than that wierdo who loves britney spears

and dont give the "government wont let it" excuse.

Just my .02Cents

Last edited by NwRunner; 04-22-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by machine23
ok first of all if you are turning a slightly salinated sample of water into
hho (2ho, or hydrogen gas), it is electrolysis. it is the process of passing a current of energy through water to breakdown the water molecules into hydrogen gas. it is incredibly simple to do this. so simple you begin to wonder why this process isnt already standard equipment in vehicles from the 1980's. whenever you have heard of cars running on water, this is basically it. welcome to the future. and since pure water isnt quite conductive enough, a lot of people add some salt to the water to make the process easier.

but as for the first person who posted this thread, i am really interested to see what you have done to your vehicle. did you add the gas to the air intake or did you somehow put it through the injectors?
electrolysis is not very efficient, and takes a lot of energy to work. So, you have to get that energy from your gas tank. So, you end up using more gas to make that go. Round robin.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by NwRunner
If this idea really worked, how come this is the first time its really been mentioned seriously, how come theres not cars already comming equiped with it?

Just my .02Cents
Ok, once again im not saying i think this thing is real - but if it was real the reason cars wouldn't come with it wouldn't be the government, but oil companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealthy...l_figures_2008

take a look at the right column and look at how many individual people make billions of dollars on oil - they have money to pay to car manufacturers to not make stuff.

Ever watch "Who killed the electric car?" ???? It is definitely a good watch to see what was out there at one time and suddenly died off with all existence and history being shredded of the past electric cars
Old 04-22-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by NwRunner
ok i have no idea what im talking about but heres a few things i thought.

If a car really ran on pure water, it would be bigger than that wierdo who loves britney spears

Just my .02Cents
the reason you don't see it is that if it was a main stream item people would not be dependent on oil so the oil barons would not make the billions of loot every year.

the link with Stanly Meyer he claimed the Arabs offered him 2 billion to stop working on his brown gas generator and it seems like in the end he did not take the money and died conspiracy or sad truth.

if I where making a profit off of oil I would not want to see a thing go on the market that makes my product obsolete stan made his during the first price raises and now as gas has gone up and it has made its way back into the public eye.

Last edited by CyMoN; 04-22-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 AM

HI, I'm the one who started this thread..

, uh.. hi. this is a monster thread of confusion. wow. OK I will have the 1st pictures and instructions up on my project at my live video page. If your "board"... well, i guess you could go over and check it out.

http://www.livevideo.com/renfox

i'll be back later, been busy today.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM

wow! trying to keep it simple but I guess i just shot myself in the foot. I understand that the hydrogen is not the trigger but it is the fuel so to speak being that the energy is released from the chemical bonds breaking. Like I said I dont know if this works and I agree with most of you guys that according to what we know now it is basically impossible to get 100% efficiency. but we dont know everything yet. I also agree with the majority when you say that the key is harnessing the lost heat and converting that into something useful.

Have any of you heard of the plasma drives they are working on for long distance space travel. Super heated gas(hydrogen)=plasma like a star, basically. but it only works in space it will not work in an atmosphere like earths. When i was in grade school through high school we didnt even consider plasma a valid state of matter. Again we are learning and relearning things we thought were scientific law just a few years ago.

I know about perpetual motion. you guys can be mean wow! try doing it in the vacuum of space you will get different results gravity is a bit@h sometimes. I think some of you just lack creativity and can only recite what you read in some book somewhere.

I bet your the same people who think that corn ethanol is gonna save the planet. by the way it takes more energy to create ethanol than it will produce when burned, way more. Not to mention all the cows and people will go hungry, but we can drive. Just look at what it has done to the price of beef and milk.

I do have to say I love this discussion even if i do get proved wrong.

Quick Reply: HHO (Hydrogen Oxygen) gas on demand setup