Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Duals Setup HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duals Setup HELP!

Hello guys,

After looking pages and reading reviews, I decided to go with a Marlin Crawler dual case because of realiability and experience on the market.

So, I've spent a couple of days searching on the forum, reading a lot on MC web page and other forums but I still haven't found the piece of info that I need.

Look, I have a 1991 3.0 (3VZ) with R150F trans (I think it is fwd shift because the 4wd shifter is next to the 1-5-R shifter) and chain drive t/case (don't know the name, just the gear ratio 2.57:1). Could you tell me if the MC10_unit will fit my driveline? (if not recommend me something that will work). I would like to keep my trans and my t/case because they are in pristine condition because the truck hasn't seen much driving nor off roading, besides I need to save as much $$$ as posible.

Lastly, do you sell a twin stick to adapt to my chain t/case or something? I would need something that could prevent me to make a hole on my center console.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Not to sound rude but it sounds like you havent done a lot of research on this topic. The fact that you ordered something before getting these questions answered indicates that. Your best bet would be to call marlin crawler and ask. Hes the inventor of dual cases and has all the information you need.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Warwagon
Not to sound rude but it sounds like you havent done a lot of research on this topic. The fact that you ordered something before getting these questions answered indicates that. Your best bet would be to call marlin crawler and ask. Hes the inventor of dual cases and has all the information you need.
Sorry that I did not make myself clear.

I did not buy anything, when I say "I have a 1991 3.0 (3VZ) with R150F trans (I think it is fwd shift because the 4wd shifter is next to the 1-5-R shifter) and chain drive t/case (don't know the name, just the gear ratio 2.57:1)" I mean that that is the transmission and t/case that came from the factory with the truck. I am trying to explai what I have in order for someone with knowledge to recommend me wht could work in my particular case.

BTW thanks for your reply.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:19 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jperalta8
Sorry that I did not make myself clear.

I did not buy anything, when I say "I have a 1991 3.0 (3VZ) with R150F trans (I think it is fwd shift because the 4wd shifter is next to the 1-5-R shifter) and chain drive t/case (don't know the name, just the gear ratio 2.57:1)" I mean that that is the transmission and t/case that came from the factory with the truck. I am trying to explai what I have in order for someone with knowledge to recommend me wht could work in my particular case.

BTW thanks for your reply.
ah okay, that is my mistake. I apologize for misreading the info. Again though it would be best served to call marlin crawler directly. They are a very knowledgable staff and can answer all your needs in regards to setting up the proper dual cases. Juat my 2 cents.
The following users liked this post:
jperalta8 (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 07:07 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I second calling MC directly with your question. They are VERY knowledgeable about their products and fitment. Someone here might be able to answer your question, but they definitely will.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:15 AM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
I answered your pirate thread too...

I have duals behind my 3.0. Ditched the factory tcase for two top shift gear drive cases.

Advance Adapter has great prices through poly performance (370 for the dual case adapter) and SUMO 23 spline input gear from Low Range

My setup is AA 23 spline adapter to 23 spline top shift case, AA dual case adapter to 4.7 23 spline top shift case. Works mint. if you dont have the 23 spline 4.7 youll need 2 23 spline input gears, it will work with a 21 spline in the rear, but its not as strong.

I did just the 4.7 case for a few years, then added the second t case when I had the funds.

Duals Setup HELP!-beac6fbl.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Ergodyne (04-08-2020)
Old 04-09-2020, 07:33 PM

Thanks! I'll go with a MC dual case complete
Old 04-10-2020, 09:19 AM

Thank you a LOt, Rattlewagon and the other guys with their opinions.

Now I know what to do what what to look for. Some ohter guys told me about the AX15-Ecobox-Dana300, so I have a lot more to read now.

Again, thanks.
Old 04-19-2020, 05:24 AM

Received 301 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by jperalta8
Thank you a LOt, Rattlewagon and the other guys with their opinions.

Now I know what to do what what to look for. Some ohter guys told me about the AX15-Ecobox-Dana300, so I have a lot more to read now.

Again, thanks.
Thats a cool option too, because you can also bolt on an atlas transfer case to that setup. all depends on how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go. Haha
Old 04-19-2020, 08:05 PM
RJR

Received 109 Likes on 81 Posts
At one time Marlin Crawler made an adapter to use the chain drive case as a part of a dual case setup. As far as I can tell, they discontinued that 7-8 years ago, so your only options are pulling the chain drive case and replacing it with two (actually 1 and 1/2) gear drive cases. As stated, Advance Adapters has the adapter you'll need to mate the gear-drive case to the R150.

If your 4runner is stock, your existing chain drive case is almost certainly a top-shift model, not that it matters since you won't be using it.

You'll need a mount (or two) for the gear drive cases - your existing chain drive mount won't fit. You'll also need a replacement crossmember. I used the one from Trail-Gear. It fit well and leaves a nice smooth bottom that serves as a skid plate under the tcases. Vastly superior to the stock cross member.
Finally, plan on extra holes through your center console. There's really no way around it. Maybe tomorrow I can grab a pic of my shifters and post it.

It's a great mod. I love the extra low gears.