86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

damnit (kinda off topic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
damnit (kinda off topic)

well i rode my motorcycle tonight to go meet some people to go fishing the fishing spot we went to was actually in an OHV park. but the road is pretty good to where the fishing spot is. so i rode my 82 honda goldwing 1100 to meet them seems how it was such a nice night out. well anywhaz a cop pulled out behind me as the paved road turned to dirt followed me till after i crossed into the ohv park and down to just before the fishing spot where he pulled me over. wrote me a ticket for no motorcycle endorsment (iv riding my whole life never been pulled over on a motorcyle or had the proper indorsment) and i got one for no proof of insurance. my question is, do you think i could fight this seems how i was pulled over in an ohv park. now im not saying its not my fault. i should know better i supose iv just gotten carless 7 years of riding street bikes plus another 7-8 years riding dirt bikes and never once getting pulled over. the no endorsment thing is not a big deal ($20 fine) but my insurance that i did have on it expired 3 monthes ago. so i had no insurance and id realy hate to end up with an sr22 when i have insurance on every other vehical i own.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 91YotaExcab
porlbey a preety obvious one but when i bought my truck the guy said it had an oil leak. and the dumb A$$ didint tighten the oil filter all the way.half a turn later problem fixed
WTF?

In regards to your question - it depends on where the ticket was written. It also depends on how cozy you are with your insurance agent. It does come down to "it's your fault" thought. I'd talk to your insurance agent and ask if the policy has been in effect, or if they can write one with a backdated start date and you'll pay the difference. If that doesn't happen (And I doubt it will) then I'd look into if insurance is required on a OHV park. If not, and it's written on the ticket that you were IN the park, you may wish to ask the courts why you were written a ticket for no insurance in a place that doesn't need it.

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude, we got a saying here...You got to pay to play.

If your gonna ride around w/o a motorcycle endorsment and no insurance, you are just asking for trouble. Pay the fines and make better decisions in the future.

I hate to be blunt and jam up your rant thread, but it had to be said.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ezrider,

That sucks man. Some cops are just out there to get ya while others are just like you and me and will cut you some slack.

Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to fight it. But I wouldn't just pay it and give up, go to court, make the cop go to court, get your money's worth out of them. Park your bike on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse...okay, just kidding.

Fink

Last edited by Fink; 07-01-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:42 AM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You shoulda just kept riding till he couldnt follow you, I had a cop follow me onto some local trails and get stuck and I went deep into the trails and he was gone when I got back.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
You shoulda just kept riding till he couldnt follow you, I had a cop follow me onto some local trails and get stuck and I went deep into the trails and he was gone when I got back.

Yea, that way they can add "eluding police" to the laundry list of charges. I'm pretty sure that would move from the realm of an infraction to a misdemeanor as well.

Last edited by zlathim; 07-01-2008 at 05:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:05 AM
CJM

Originally Posted by zlathim
Yea, that way they can add "eluding police" to the laundry list of charges. I'm pretty sure that would move from the realm of an infraction to a misdemeanor as well.
You really think they are gonna wait for you? Or even go into the trails??

Around here the cops cannot follow you on the trails I mentioned, this is because they lack a 4wd truck and a dodge durango is the closest thing they got and it cant make it anyways.

I mean really, if I saw a cop following me and I was on a bike or my truck Im booking it. They havent pulled you over till they have lights or siren on, and thus your not eluding anyone. Either way its a choice I make b/c after about 3 months of them trying to nail people for riding on the above mentioned trails they just flat out gave up. They cant follow us in, they wont wait hours for us to come out the multiple entrances/exits which they wont send manpower to cover and they just stopped caring.

Last edited by CJM; 07-01-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91YotaExcab
porlbey a preety obvious one but when i bought my truck the guy said it had an oil leak. and the dumb A$$ didint tighten the oil filter all the way.half a turn later problem fixed
Originally Posted by 4x4Fink
I am going to assume this was meant to posted in a different thread. I'd be glad to move it for you...otherwise, I will delete it since it has nothing to do with the original question.
Really? I found it very illuminating.

But seriously, I agree -- pay the fine and move along. Get the endorsement. It's easy, and once you have it you never have to worry again.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
You really think they are gonna wait for you? Or even go into the trails??

Around here the cops cannot follow you on the trails I mentioned, this is because they lack a 4wd truck and a dodge durango is the closest thing they got and it cant make it anyways.

I mean really, if I saw a cop following me and I was on a bike or my truck Im booking it. They havent pulled you over till they have lights or siren on, and thus your not eluding anyone. Either way its a choice I make b/c after about 3 months of them trying to nail people for riding on the above mentioned trails they just flat out gave up. They cant follow us in, they wont wait hours for us to come out the multiple entrances/exits which they wont send manpower to cover and they just stopped caring.
OK dude, you are right. I don't know why I even commented.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:44 AM

im in no way trying to say it wasent my fault, and this isnt realy a rant, just more of a what should i do. and also running would have been stupid if you have ever ridden a street bike on a dirt road let alone a bike as big as an 1100 goldwing you would know that. he rote the ticket saying i was on desert road that is the road leading into the ohv park but i was probably 1/4 mile into the park when he turned his lights on and pulled me over.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:34 PM

where you at the desert south of bismarck, the cops have been thick as fleas down there lately man. kicked my buddys out for riding old dirt bikes that werent registered.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by toy89yota
where you at the desert south of bismarck, the cops have been thick as fleas down there lately man. kicked my buddys out for riding old dirt bikes that werent registered.

that's their job. . . yea registration is a bOtch but. . . follow the rules and you dont get in trouble.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by toy89yota
yea i was down at the desert, late Sunday night, well early Monday morning about 1am, i think the cop was sitting over by the boat launch and then followed me into the desert, turned on the party lights up by the rest rooms. i took the 3 wheelers out there sat and road them around all day and never got hassled, but i was down on the far south corner to avoid all the people. nether of my 3 wheelers have current stickers.

Last edited by Ezrider_92356; 07-03-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:46 AM

You broke the law; the officer was a witness to the fact that you were riding in a manner contrary to the law of the land. It doesn't matter where he pulled you over as long as he witnessed the illegal action. Your only chance in court would be if your lawyer could argue he had no reasonable cause to pull you over in the first place since you never said why he pulled you over.

I'd throw myself on the mercy of the court, pay the fines & learn a valuable lesson. The one thing I certainly wouldn't do is run from the cops....good god man that has got to be the worst advice in YT history.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:58 AM
CJM

Originally Posted by zlathim
OK dude, you are right. I don't know why I even commented.
Its all good, but the context I spoke of you had no idea about-so its no big deal, how could you have known? And running from them when they cant follow you is what us in the offroad bike world do all the time. They have managed to close tons and tons of land and leave us nowhere else to go these days, its really a common occurrence to see people booking it into the trails by me.

Last edited by CJM; 07-03-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by CJM
Its all good, but the context I spoke of you had no idea about-so its no big deal, how could you have known? And running from them when they cant follow you is what us in the offroad bike world do all the time. They have managed to close tons and tons of land and leave us nowhere else to go these days, its really a common occurrence to see people booking it into the trails by me.
I'm glad you didn't take offense.

I'm an old man by the standards of many of the guys on this website (I'm 37), so I tend to think of things in terms of how I would react, or what I would do in the present sense. I'm married and have two young kids, so I am no longer making decisions that only affect me.

After I thought about it, I asked myself what I would have done when I wore a younger man's shoes and I realized that I may not be as angelic as I would like to think. I did a lot of stuff that would have gotten me in a lot of trouble if I'd been caught, but I usually got pretty lucky. In that context, your answer seemed to be perfectly logical. Pardon me for being an old fart/buzzkill!
Old 07-03-2008, 08:57 AM

btw the reason i got pulled over was when the cop ran my plate it came back as a maroon motorcycle when its blue becouse its been repainted.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
The LEO was doing his job that he is paid to do.

You were breaking the law and got subsequently ticketed.

It is amazing that LEOs will leave you alone if you don't break the law.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry, I have to agree with the posters prior who have said if you got caught, own up.

You did the crime, no matter whether or not you've been caught before. If you crash and cause someone else so grievous harm, and they have no method of recouping financial loss, you're just being an a$$.

So, pay up and get licenced and insured. You're lucky you have that opportunity.