Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

22re WON'T START

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my truck starts but it won't roll. I'm currently in SF (Presidio area) in need of some help if anyone has wiring experience. This problem has happened before but electric shopped fixed it for 240.00 I need to be in humboldt by tomorrow so if anyone knows someone that can help out e mail me or something.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:12 PM

damn thats ˟˟˟˟ty dude. I don't think you'll get someone from here locally. I'd try craigslist mobile mechanic perhaps?

Well my truck broke down again two days ago. My ignition 30 agm fuse blew. Not sure why yet. I think it my be becuase my coilover resivoir may have came in contact with my battery terminal and arced it.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM

It was just a damn wire.
I don't know a lot about electrical...so meh...but mobile mechanics...they steal your money....stole mine...I should have never called one...it's so lame. I'm going to be taking AT classes hopefully and get certified...tired of the dishonest sort.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 AM

How abouts you post WHICH wire for those futures?

I ended up having a slough of issues that was pretty much all aftermarket related.

On driver side i had a coilover resi that was secured but still touching the igniter, that coupled with offroad beatings of it tapping the ignitor caused the ignitor and distributor to go out.

Then i had a resi arc on a battery terminal and kill the 30 amp agm fuse

then last week i had to have it towed because my brake pads were wearing in an uneven pattern that i didn't notice and the top side of the outer pad caused the metal guide clip to contact the rotor and lock up my wheel.

then i found a chewed up spindle snout.

i just can't win with this truck, such is the life of a longer travel offroad rig though, and a reminder to constantly maintain everything.

Just spent a gripload on rockauto for some premium ball joints, brake pads rotors, bearings and seals. yipee
Old 01-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Well, it could always be worse. My 4runner quit running about a month ago, and my fears were realized... The driver side timing chain guide broke, then the crankshafts sprocket ground out 4 of its teeth and apparently hit some valves or something, because I've got NO compression on any of my 4 little cylinders. Looks like an engbldr head and timing chain kit or something like that for me, but I sure do hate when my little toyota has problems. It's like a living thing and I feel bad for it when it won't run! haha
Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 AM

˟˟˟˟ty, if your resealing the top end its good practice to reseal the bottom at the same time( new piston rings) as engines tend to decay as a unit so your blowby might double if not.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by 87xjmike
How abouts you post WHICH wire for those futures?

I ended up having a slough of issues that was pretty much all aftermarket related.

On driver side i had a coilover resi that was secured but still touching the igniter, that coupled with offroad beatings of it tapping the ignitor caused the ignitor and distributor to go out.

Then i had a resi arc on a battery terminal and kill the 30 amp agm fuse

then last week i had to have it towed because my brake pads were wearing in an uneven pattern that i didn't notice and the top side of the outer pad caused the metal guide clip to contact the rotor and lock up my wheel.

then i found a chewed up spindle snout.

i just can't win with this truck, such is the life of a longer travel offroad rig though, and a reminder to constantly maintain everything.

Just spent a gripload on rockauto for some premium ball joints, brake pads rotors, bearings and seals. yipee
It was a ground wire that connected to the positive battery terminal.
Hey, I'm pretty sure I've seen your pic up on Dezert-Rangers right?
My member name there is Machina7 lol.