84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

doug thorley lc or nwor headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it looks like the DT headers will fit all models it even comes with a couple of other addapters for different emissons fittings and the eo # is stamped right on the header which is sick
Old 05-07-2010, 02:40 PM

just bolted them on yesterday they look really good they are still super quiet though with the cat and stock exaust im gonna go down to my buddies shop and hes gonna run 2.25 all the way back to a magniflow stoked cant wait
Old 05-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Terrible customer service

I can't comment on the quality of the Doug Thorley headers, but their customer service is horrible! My buddy ordered a header for his 1982 22R truck, BASED on the year. They shipped him the wrong header (wrong air injection hookups). Granted mistakes happen, but they were going to make him pay return shipping for something that was THEIR fault. And to return it, they were going to pay a restocking fee.

He attempted to reason with some guy named Nick on the phone and he was being polite. Anyway this guy Nick was one rude sonofagun and was insulting my friend's knowledge. Regardless of whether or not my buddy knew what he was talking about... you never insult a customer. And if there's a Doug Thorley rep surfing this site... I hope he or she reads this and re evaluates this Nick guy's business ethics.

Anyway on a lighter note, I'd check out LC and just question them about that tight fit thing. I think NWOR is supposed to be quality, but I heard or read somewhere that Thorley's now ex-wife owns that business or something or other. I dunno... it's California. Everything goes back asswards when it comes to divorce settlements.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:31 AM

Just got the lc street header, street cam, and had engine house in phoenix build me a motor, lc was way too expensive 4200 for a motor. I have a 84 4runner, my buddy is installing it for me seems I am limited on time and it fit right in so far with no problems, get it back tomorrow so don't know how much gain I got out of it.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:37 PM

what about the new trail gear header? ive been digging the stainless steel desgin and it is long tube so comparable to LC's right? idk just food for thought being i have an 85 runner that im looking at adding a header too as i have been having PITA luck with the manifold and down pipe
Old 08-03-2010, 06:51 AM

Okay, so first of all, what did you pay for the DT header from summit? If you don't mind me asking...

Second: feel any difference on the butt dyno?

Third: Where in AZ are you? I'm in Prescott Valley, working in Prescott... It's amazingly nice up here right now, incredibly moderate temps, and the monsoon rains have been near-constant, cooling things down and making lots o' mud (speaking of which, gotta post some pictures!). This is probably closer to your natural climate, minus the cold winters.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 AM

i paid 365.90 and thats with shipping to phoenix i was pritty impressed with them when they came in nice upgrade from the pace setters on my old truck

as far as the power goes i didnt really to much power gain tell i did my intake and finished my egsaust all the way out the back that made the headers come to life, i drive up and down the 87 to pine and pason like everyother weekend and i used to bog up those hills no i can hold my rpms up no problem climing the hills but i still cant wait to get my cam and port and polish done

i live in phoenix next to the 51 up north and there isnt any good off road spots in phoenix so i just kinda try and find some on weekends i cheaked out the 4 peaks area sadona flagstaff and up on the rim in pine other than that i dont know to many other places to go since im new to arizona i hured there is some nice wheeling in sadona but i didnt have allot of time to look around