Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

on the way home roadside rescue

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on the way home roadside rescue

i left work early today and saw this situation on the way home. The story goes:

The boyfriend "bubba" was cruising home late at nite and "hydroplaned" into the ditch. since we've had or share of rain the dirt was very soft. the truck had been there 10 hours. No-one had stopped to help. when I pulled over another truck stopped at the same time :rollseyes: . I hooked up to him, staying on the concrete shoulder and had to drag him side ways about 50 ft before his one wheel drive's tires caught purchase and eased up onto the road. They were very grateful and asked about repayment, I told them to help someone else when they could. The old 4runner didn't miss a beat and didn't feel strained at all. I then came home and took the kids fishing, even with the flood conditions my little girl caught a dozen bream.
I didn't get a picture of her fish (all released after oooh's and ahhhhs)

cell phone pics to follow:

yes Bubba's got plumbers crack

you can see the "other" help parked up the road. he walked up took a look, said "you got it" and jumped in his Chevy and left.

if you look close you can see how far I had to drag him

Old 05-28-2007, 09:29 PM

nice job
Old 05-28-2007, 09:50 PM

You did a very nice thing, shiftless. Nice, but risky. You might be able to get away with that kind of generosity in TX. If you tried that ˟˟˟˟˟ in California, and ended up damaging that rig in any way whatsoever, your ass would be sued silly... Sad but true.

As much as I hate to say this; In the future, you'd be better off leaving it to the professionals (i.e. Tow truck company).
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ChickenLover
your ass would be sued silly... Sad but true.
or shot, from the stories i've heard about LA.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ChickenLover
You did a very nice thing, shiftless. Nice, but risky. You might be able to get away with that kind of generosity in TX. If you tried that ˟˟˟˟˟ in California, and ended up damaging that rig in any way whatsoever, your ass would be sued silly... Sad but true.

As much as I hate to say this; In the future, you'd be better off leaving it to the professionals (i.e. Tow truck company).

thanks, been there before myself. I made him hook it to his truck, I then made sure it was hooked up correctly.

Texas is a freindly state for the most part, with a bunch of good-ol-boys had it been a Lexus or mercedes I would have made sure they were ok and had called a wrecker. Southlake here has gotten so hi and mighty that the average car is over $50k so regular insurance wont even be able to cover a car or take care of it since without supplements insurance only covers $50k. So in certain circumstances yes I would have left it alone. I saw no risk here! Thank you for the concern though!