Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Trail ride pics of my yota

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And btw UberYota do you have any more pics? enviro friendly or not id like to see them

Aaron
Old 08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
agreed.

I was a little harsh, my apologies.

I do not believe we are off topic, we are still commenting on his pictures, and his trip though probably not in the fashion he had in mind when posting. Its an important, even critical, topic, and needs as much disscussion as possible, so i think wherever we get a chance, we should talk about it.

Last edited by AxleIke; 08-18-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AxleIke
agreed.

I was a little harsh, my apologies.

I do not believe we are off topic, we are still commenting on his pictures, and his trip though probably not in the fashion he had in mind when posting. Its an important, even critical, topic, and needs as much disscussion as possible, so i think wherever we get a chance, we should discuss.

No apology needed I saw where you were going and I agree and as far as trying learn the younger and new to the community guys whenever possible it isnt a bad idea at all otherwise they might not have realized the damage they were causing. I remeber a mountain 24 hour bike race in WestVirginia a few years back part of the course had been directed through a stream not seeming to have an effect at the time, by the end of the race participant were rinsing their bikes in the same creek which turned out the following year of the race to have effected the slamon spawning cycle, who would have thought but this is just an example, didnt know doesnt always mean doesnt hurt.

Aaron
Old 08-18-2006, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rocket
I can't stand when people exaggerate the whole tread lightly thing. There are times and places when going OFF a trail is fine...
No. This is what gets people in trouble.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:57 PM

I didn't want this thread to be a debate on tread lightly...I realize that I went off the trail into a small stream. I just wanted a few nice pics. I wouldn't have done it if it was a trail that was traveled a lot...And yes offroading is a little different in Montana than other places. I do like to tread lightly when needed... I realize that we all have different views on the tread lightly thing.

There is, again, no debate.

Playing to fallacies, if everyone did it...

Small volume does not make it right. If everyone did it once, it would be too much. If everyone never did it, it would hardly be enough.

This is a global community. Things are not different in Montana, we are all connected. Wheelers are wheelers. Gays are gays. One is acting for all in the eyes of the public.

We ought not have different views. I want to do the Rubicon some day. Acting as you have and making it public assures fragile lands and delinquent acts stay in the public eye and a bad light.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 PM

BLA BLA BLA BLA........

Nice pics man. thanks for sharring.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4Hummer
BLA BLA BLA BLA........
So you aren't concerned about keeping our trails open?

Please share your thoughts in this thread Is YotaTech's Tread Lightly member/partner status in Jeopardy?
Old 08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yotatech rule that every member here has agreed upon.

9. Tread Lightly!

To ensure the future of off-roading, YotaTech.com promotes the values of Tread Lightly. Posting about trespassing, making illegal trails/bypasses, littering, polluting, etc will not be tolerated. This includes posting about going wheeling in an area you do not know is 100% legal. Ignorance is not an excuse. This is a banishable offense. For more info go to www.treadlightly.org.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

http://montana.sierraclub.org/alert_rmf.html

In 2003, the Forest Service conducted a public "scoping period" on a possible Travel Plan. In response, Montanans and Americans nation-wide overwhelmingly urged the Lewis and Clark National Forest to adopt a plan that favors traditional use, such as walking, hiking, and horseback riding.

An analysis done by the Coalition showed that over 7600 comments were received, the largest public response ever received by the Lewis and Clark National Forest, and more than 90 percent of Montanans urged the Forest Service to develop a new conservation-based plan while less than 2 percent of the respondents supported ORV use on the Rocky Mountain Front.
There's a reason why only 2% of the people support off road use in the survey. Public image.

Here's an excerpt from the Sierra Club's webpage about off road vehicles:
http://www.sierraclub.org/policy/con...on/offroad.asp
[A reason to close trails]...Physical soil damage, often readily visible, resulting in:
a. Erosion, causing soil loss and damage to stream banks, streams, and fish habitat;

Last edited by Robinhood150; 08-19-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Note:
Pics and some text has been edited out of this post.
You can view my thoughts on this over here:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f139/yotatechs-tread-lightly-member-partner-status-jeopardy-92871/#post971339

This is my final say on this.
Tread lightly we adhere to on this forum.
If you can not abide by it, get out now.

And for the record, user UBERYOTA is on a ten day ban.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:05 AM

Yotatech's new insignia.....

HERE IT IS!

James
Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 AM

I think you guys have gone out of control, but if you want to stop people from stream crossing then for starters delete all treads pertaining to relocating the rear diff breather.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by kwikrnu
I think you guys have gone out of control, but if you want to stop people from stream crossing then for starters delete all treads pertaining to relocating the rear diff breather.
Established trails that cross streams are not the issue. Blatantly forging new trails and destroying unmolested stream banks is.

It's unfortunate that some members aren't equipped with the capacity to appreciate the bigger picture. This is more important than one clown destroying a stream bank - these things have a cumulative effect on the environment and trail closure. The argument that there aren't enough places to wheel so I'll make more trails is just about the dumbest argument I've EVER heard - EVER!

On this issue, Yotatech is NOT a democracy - if you don't like it, tough. We'll gladly show you the door.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cebby
Established trails that cross streams are not the issue. Blatantly forging new trails and destroying unmolested stream banks is.

It's unfortunate that some members aren't equipped with the capacity to appreciate the bigger picture. This is more important than one clown destroying a stream bank - these things have a cumulative effect on the environment and trail closure. The argument that there aren't enough places to wheel so I'll make more trails is just about the dumbest argument I've EVER heard - EVER!

On this issue, Yotatech is NOT a democracy - if you don't like it, tough. We'll gladly show you the door.
So you guys ban someone for a picture of driving though a stream but you give tech advice on how to remove a cat, rig up extra injectors for a supercharger or supercharger installs which use more gas or how to install bigger tires which will use more fuel. What about turbos installs which are not legal in a lot of states and lets not forget suspension modification which can contribute to real accidents where people die on the freeway and are probably 50 state illegal.
But yeah, you guys probably saved the human race with one little stream in Montana because some extra dirt fell into it or the driver ran over some fish eggs.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

I'm closing this thread down so that we can have one conversation in the other thread in the land use forum.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by kwikrnu
So you guys ban someone for a picture of driving though a stream but you give tech advice on how to remove a cat, rig up extra injectors for a supercharger or supercharger installs which use more gas or how to install bigger tires which will use more fuel. What about turbos installs which are not legal in a lot of states and lets not forget suspension modification which can contribute to real accidents where people die on the freeway and are probably 50 state illegal.
But yeah, you guys probably saved the human race with one little stream in Montana because some extra dirt fell into it or the driver ran over some fish eggs.
OK.....f-o-c-u-s.....

Tread Lightly

Travel & recreate with minimum impact
Respect the environment and the rights of others
Educate yourself, plan and prepare before you go
Allow for future use of the outdoors, by leaving it better than you found it
Discover the rewards of responsible recreation

For the record - YT has never given tech advice on how to remove a cat. We vehemently oppose this act. I guess if you had taken the time to read more, you'd have been able to understand what we're all about here...or maybe not. As for the rest of your claims, you can spin most things to leverage your (shortsighted) view point - not worth discussing and are off-topic from the discussion here.

Ultimately, you have three choices. Get on board with YT's Tread Lightly viewpoint and vision, choose to disagree in silence, or continue to defend these actions and join UBER.

EDIT: This was being composed as the thread was closed, but the false claims by this member needed to be addressed.