Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

CO4RJ pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CO4RJ pics

heres the pic thread from the Jambo, we hope everyone had a great time.

I really want to say Thank You to all the supporters.
Thanks for stepping up and showing your support and dedication to our community. I for one, really appreciate it, and I know what bussiness I will go to first.

Well all my pics are huge, so it will take a little time to all of them ready but heres a start.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Ric; 09-05-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:34 PM

I had a great time. Thanks to everybody that helped me out over the weekend. I made it back safe and the bolt is now fixed.

I'll put up pictures when I get a chance, but I didn't take as many as some of you though.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Contributing Member

Blast again! Thanks Ric and Mark for pulling all this together!! :bigclap: And to all the sponsers who help out with all the great stuff!!

I got only one picture but it is only of the cool hat i won in the raffle.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

All you people that took pics, If you could put your favorite ones on a CD, and get it to me, PM me and Ill get ya my address, its gonna take me a few days to get mine
Old 09-05-2006, 06:29 PM

thanks to all who sponsered this event. thank alot to ric and mark for putting it all together. never have i had so much fun wheeling i will never forget. and it was nice meeting different people especialy andy he was a blast to be aroung with. thanks again
Old 09-06-2006, 05:22 AM

Had a good time. It was definitely a challenge with a 2 1/2 month old baby, but worth it.

Thnx to all the sponsors - I'll prob be ordering some budbuilt skid plates this week! And I can't wait to use my safety 5-in-one whistle
Old 09-06-2006, 08:22 AM

Big thanks

Mark and Ric did a great job this year!
Ausssstin you funny funny?!?!?
Great to see new faces.
Congrats to Brian and Oahn on their new alarm clock.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:40 AM

I had a good time seeing everyone again. I will post pictures later. Thanks to Ric and Mark for organizing this. My version of a trip report goes like this:

I planned to camp one night and run Pearl Pass. I left Evergreen at 10am and ran Red Cone, Radical Hill and the Glacier Ridge rock garden on the way to Glenwood - since I know I-70 traffic westbound will be a bear. I make it to Glenwood for the raffle and meet everyone. Mark figures they would be at the Pearl trailhead at 9:30 am. So I head up and camp at Taylor Lake. Fish the next morning, wheel around the Taylor Divide area and get to the trailhead at 9am. Brian (Crux) and family were waiting at the trailhead, we have pleasant conversation and patiently wait. The main group had a few problems with a few different rigs getting to the trailhead, so we get going about 10:30am. We get to the first little obstacle and Kyle looses a bolt on his steering mechanism. We spent a few hours desperately trying to get another bolt from another location that would work. Andy comes through with a bolt that would work but it's too long. So I donate a OME bushing I used for my highlift jack mount and Crux donates his two shinny red disconnect bushings. The trail was getting backed up with Jeep's, so we get Kyle turned around, let the Jeeps by and continue on. Unfortantly some people in our group had to make the decision to head back down based on our late start and delays. Pearl Pass is a long trail and then you have to drive all the way back to Glenwood afterwards. We finally got to Pearl Pass at 2:30 and took a group shot. The trail was spectacular and we had fun making our way down the trail toward crested Butte. Then Chris makes a "driver error" and slips off the road. He frantically radios for help. Ric backs down past him and we use my snatch block, Ric's winch and a strap to his slider to get him back on the road. This was actually only a 20 minute delay. Yahoo's behinds us were impatiently honking to get by.

I said goodby on the radio and left the others to air up. I figured I had 3 hours of daylight left and an estimated half tank of gas. Just enough to execute the next phase of my day, which was awesome. I was planning to meet my wife in Dillon that night, so I took Italian Pass over toward Buena Vista. I Made it to Dillon by midnight.

Italian Pass was very exciting. This is a gem and I highly reconmmend it. Specifically the upper Reno Divide section and American Flag Mtn. side trip. This upper section is a very narrow tight road with VERY few passing sections and very limited visibility to oncoming traffic. Granted traffic is probably low on this section. But, meeting a group coming the other direction would be a disaster. The rock ledge itself was a bit of a rock garden on a shelf road. There were several large rocks that had to be driven over to stay away from the edge, which would get you tippy (35 degrees plus). Being lifted on 33's and going down it, I could pretty much just tip toe over the rocks. Going up would be more difficult. A stocker would have his hands full and it would freak out an inexperienced driver. Especially if they got hung up and had to be strapped. I haven't driven this section before, but based on all the pictures I have seen, I think this section has gotten worse. American Flag Mtn. on the Taylor side of Italian Rd. is spectacular. It's a fun little drive up to the top, that offers commanding views of the whole area. It was getting dark, but I tried to copy Darren and get a poser pic near the flag. But, my 4 year old 2 mega pixel camera needs to be replaced, everything is grainy now. So all my pictures are very poor quality. I aired up on Cottonwood Pass and was ready for some pavement.

Last edited by JadeRunner; 09-06-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:30 AM

Scott, it was'nt Brandi.

Last edited by live277; 09-06-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:05 PM

Thanks I changed that to Chris (GetItDone).
Old 09-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

Old 09-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

well I got a few of mine done, but I still have to get the CD from Turboale with pics from the first 2 days on it.
Here we are setting up breakfast, Thank you Bighorn Toyota:

This is a group shot on Transfer Trail:

Hers Andy gettin a little air:

Doug and Winter with ToyTecLifts:

Digger posin:

Me trying to pose:

Pearl Pass group at the summit:

And I think this pics says it all:

Ill have more later.

Last edited by Ric; 09-06-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:33 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

i always thought i looked good in pink. :pat:
Old 09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

link not working,, but Im sure you DO, look good in PINK
Old 09-06-2006, 03:52 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The Giant and the Midget..

[IMG][/IMG]

Ric TRYING to race Mark

[IMG][/IMG]

Brian and Scott going through the water

[IMG][/IMG]

Nice Water fall

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-06-2006, 03:53 PM

Were not sure what were doing with the pictures so if they don't work, let us know how were suppose to do it. Were using photobucket right now.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:09 PM

I didn't get to take many pics this time out, and most turned out lousy.
But here's a few :

Old 09-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

Man I really want to wheel with you guys one of these days. You always have a great turnout and looking at the places you wheel, there is no wondering why.

Cant wait to see more pics

Who belongs to the white 2nd gen with the fancy rear bumper?? Sweet!!

Last edited by Marc P; 09-06-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by live277
Scott, it was'nt Brandi.
Yeah i know how to drive!! Just pokin you Chris, That was freaky! gotta get that rig not so swayee, I don't know how may time i thought it was going to be me doing the same.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Marc P,
come on out sometime, Im sure we could get a few of us together and go do some wheeling.

Crux,
get some of them pics on a disk and get it to me, i want to submit them to 4WD Toyota, they want to do an article about the jambo.. make sure that the 3rd pic on here is on the CD

everyone else, please put pics on a CD and get it to me.

Quick Reply: CO4RJ pics