The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Pressurized Shower!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pressurized Shower!!

Ok,,, so I have put some thought into this and this is what I have come up with. I have one of those black shower bags that I out on the roof during trips to heat.. well as anyone whom owns one knows there isn't a whole heck of alot of pressure.. Sooo I was thinking why not take a 5 Gal. jerry can tap an inlet vale and an outlet valve so that I can utilize my air compressor. Picture this 5 gal. tank chuck like on a air tool "inlet" toward the top of the tank then a another chuck type "outlet" lower on the tank if not right on the bottom both of which would be on the same side so that storage is ok. Now as far as cost goes if I use a metal can then $35 + chucks $5 + teflon tape $2 + sealant for metal tank $20 sooo $62 or I could use a plastic tank wich would not need sealing. Any thoughts? Also the burst pressure would be a consideration.... which is higher the metal can or the plastic one... I would think the metal would be higher seeing ad how the cap with the rubber gasket seals pretty hard on the tank itself. ok ok im typed out lets hear your opinions.... thanks guys

Aaron
Old 09-26-2005, 08:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's put this in the fab shop since there's a little fabbing going on.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the pressure, you won't need that much, probably only a couple psi. The problem would be the volume needed to maintain that pressure. You need to either turn on the compressor every couple seconds or use a huge air tank.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

I recall seeing a metal 40 gal tank a few years back for "expedition" use, was a landcruiser application. sorry I can't remember where I saw it, but it was a stainless tank and could easily be modified to be put under pressure, however you would loose the ability to "heat" the water.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=xcmountain80 Also the burst pressure would be a consideration.... which is higher the metal can or the plastic one... I would think the metal would be higher seeing ad how the cap with the rubber gasket seals pretty hard on the tank itself[/QUOTE]

you'd probably never get close to the burst pressure for either can, but if something went terribly wrong, i'd rather be picking plastic shrapnel out of my butt rather then metal. go with plastic.

mike
Old 09-26-2005, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by dlbrunner
I recall seeing a metal 40 gal tank a few years back for "expedition" use, was a landcruiser application. sorry I can't remember where I saw it, but it was a stainless tank and could easily be modified to be put under pressure, however you would loose the ability to "heat" the water.

Paint the can black and leave it on the roof just like the shower bag.. I wouldnt imagine i needed more than 10 psi. to push what I need.

Aaron
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Contributing Member

Try this
Old 09-26-2005, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTS
Try this

That is indeed bad ass!!!! But dont have enough time to fab it up. But maybe for my future trips in cold weather camping this would be pimp...

Thanks

Aaron