Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Need some help mounting this brush guard, please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Need some help mounting this brush guard, please.

i bought this brush guard off craigslist, but i donno how to mount it lol, ive been trying for an hour or so but cant figure out how, it doesnt have a brand or anything, here are some pictures, if you guys got any guesses or know how to mount please explain! thanks

i had mounted the 2 lower brackets onto the trucks frame, then i should be able to slide the brush guard in and attach it with bolts, but some how the brush guard wount slide in. Im guessing i put the mounting brackets on wrong, but it seems right, and the only possible way, anyhow here is the brush guard

for 50 bucks isnt that nice!!!

here is the front passenger side mounting bracket

here is the driver side mounting bracket:

NOW, these 2 brackets are mounted onto the frame, i had to take out my tow hooks, with the brackets mounted i am then suppose to somehow fit my brush guard in then bolt them in.

This is the lower driver side piece of brush guard that attaches to the driver side mounting bracket.

THE PROBLEM IS, i cant seem to put the brush guard on. i tried putting it on multiple ways, but it does not seem to fit right, and the wear on the bolts are not the same wear that its suppose to be. which way are the bolts suppose to go? did i mount the bracket right???

ALSO, there are 2 arms on the brush guard that are suppose to go somewhere on top of my bumper/below my front grill. there are also 2 extra pieces that are somehow suppose to fit

here are the arms on the brush guard, and the 2 random pieces that are suppose to do something. i should of gotten directions from the guy, but at the time, it was too freaking cold outside to comprehend anything lol.

and here is the brush guard again, i'm stoked i got it so cheap! its in very good condition too

and here is my truck lol

any help would be nice, i want to mount it soon!!!

THANKS GUYS!:la ugh::lau gh:
Old 01-04-2010, 07:01 PM

Maybe try attaching the brackets to the guard and then have someone hold the whole thing up while you are underneath figuring out how it should attach to the body. You should be able to tell how the bracket goes on the guard by looking at the wear on both. I'm guessing the side of the passenger bracket pictured should have the guard against it which can't be done if you have it bolted on already like you do.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by bootown
Maybe try attaching the brackets to the guard and then have someone hold the whole thing up while you are underneath figuring out how it should attach to the body. You should be able to tell how the bracket goes on the guard by looking at the wear on both. I'm guessing the side of the passenger bracket pictured should have the guard against it which can't be done if you have it bolted on already like you do.
wow, should of thought about attaching it all first then having someone hold it. thanks, ill do that tomroo if no one else knows how to put this thing on lol
Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM

i have one on my 4runner and if u cant get it well hopefully i can try to post some pics for ya.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by xskydivingdudex
i have one on my 4runner and if u cant get it well hopefully i can try to post some pics for ya.
woot woot please do! that would help me man!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM

lol ya np dude... mine was installed by the factory but i mean ull get the idea. ya the brackets go somewhere and you just have to hold the brush guard up there and bolt it on but ya the middle brackets u have will go on the bumper on the inside of the the hood. Might be kinda hard to get to... urs looks like a WAAG which my cuz has so thats how hers looks and is mounted. Mine is a bit diff on the brackets above bc mine are at the top and mount into the hood but ill take pics so that way if u want u can do all three or pick watever u think is best and/or easier.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 AM

yea if anyone can take a picture of the 2 lower brackets and the two upper brackets for me that would be great, ill figure it out somehow with detailed enough pictures
Old 01-07-2010, 01:44 PM

ok so i got the pics to the bottom bracket and will be uploading them later today or at latest tom sometime... sry ive been so busy with work and crap at the house.