Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Lot's of Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 06:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stealthbox

HI

I had a question on the stealthbox. how did you mount that thing??? i am kinda hesistant on drilling a hole in the wheel well to mount it

Thanks
Old 08-08-2003, 11:14 AM

Newbie?!? Ummm, no. Been around a considerable time, just don't post a whole bunch. Time is something I don't have a whole lot of these days unfortunately.

Hmm... Let's see. Lot's of responses, and I appreciate all the comments. Thanks!!!! Where to start?

For those that are interested in the parts I have available, email or message me. I'll try to get back to you as quickly as possible but again, time is a rare thing for me lately. I'll come right out and say that I wouldn't recommend the Q-Logic Stealthbox even to a friend, so I won't sell it to any of you. Not interested in profiting from someone else's misfortune. The box is of inferior construction and performance standards for my taste, which was the reason for the swap to JL in the first place. You pay dearly for that quality though. Pricing will vary according to different dealers, so go shopping to check prices!

Bumpin... I had the the 10W3, and blew the driver out in it. Fortunately, I think it's still under warranty so when I get it swapped, your recommendation will be taken.

Bogger... I run 500 watts through the W0 right now, so it's highly probable that I'll lose the driver in it, too. Raw power is sooooo nice! Those are 285's, and I think 305's may even be a nice fit also.

Punk... I love the Duelers. This is my second set and they've handled everything I've thrown at them. Schaeffer could probably change that though, huh Steve?

Bob... Yeah, I almost did sell it. I was actually on my way to the Chevy dealer to swap it for an Avalanche, but when it was rolling out of the car wash I decided then and there that I had to keep it and corrupt my soul with more and more mods! I appreciate the plug, too. Next time blast the horns at me and get me to pull over or something!

Next up... I'm thinking of bribing Trailready to fab me one of those sweet rear bumper/tire carrier combos they sell to those lucky Grand Cherokee owners (Newman!); maybe some more armor to replace the factory tin and Manik tube steps; new exhaust system (headers, pipes, and muffler); a new Pioneer touch screen navigational head unit; and the major kicker... a Level 10 transmission. That's what I'm talkin about!

Hey Stevie.... what's up buddy? Next year? Plan to see me in the Phoenix area at some point in 2004. This year is out of the question. You know, the time thing again. Just keep in mind, my baby is a grown-up, built for desert speed and woopdies, not crawling around on rocks like some underdeveloped infant!! No offense intended to anyone, either. The last thing I need is to be flamed.

Later

-bd
Old 08-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Ant

Killer rig!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

So, what was the gain by going to the Trail Carnage upper arms?
Old 08-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by be_deviler
Hey Stevie.... what's up buddy? Next year? Plan to see me in the Phoenix area at some point in 2004. This year is out of the question. You know, the time thing again. Just keep in mind, my baby is a grown-up, built for desert speed and woopdies, not crawling around on rocks like some underdeveloped infant!! No offense intended to anyone, either. The last thing I need is to be flamed.
Bring it on surfer boy. The 4Banger can go fast too. We can go on a baby run in your honor.

Old 08-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mad Chemist
So, what was the gain by going to the Trail Carnage upper arms?
He had the original set of arms made, actually the 1st set ever on a 4Runner, they are 1 degree posative on the camber and longer than the bulk that were sold in the group buy, ATS seems to be gone, so he was unable to trade them for the revised shorter version that the group buy people and myself have.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:52 PM

Nice ... looks very nice