Maintenance & Repair Archives Note: This section will be merged in with the other tech areas soon, and is now closed

Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Got one this morning. Definitely a good deal.

Regular price for a one-time alignment is $69.99, after shop fee (bogus) and taxes $78 and change.

A lifetime alignment is $139. Since I bought Duelers Sunday, I got a coupon book, and in there was one for $25 off a lifetime alignment.

Out the door for $117 and change. After the next alignment it will have more than paid for itself!

Bottom line is if you're recently bought tires from Firestone, go back for a coupon book if you didn't get one at first. Technically the book offer stopped Nov. 1, but if they have any they should give one to you. I believe the coupons are good through April.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Firestone Lifetime Alignment

You'd be surprise how simple an alignment is, usually camber and toe are adjustable, caster sometimes not. All that $69.99 is simply labor costs, unless your vehicle uses the old shim style but I haven't seen one yet. I did an alignment in class and took only 10 minutes (including driving on the rack, centering the balancers, and doing the actual adjustments). It's just a shame that if you don't have the equipment, you'd have to pay for that.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:07 AM

I might have to look into that. It's been some time since my last alignment and that sounds like a great deal.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup. I got my lifetime alignment from Firestone back in july and I just had them do an alignment 2 weeks ago. That's twice in 6 months. They don't give a damn if you I go to their shop for an alignment every month.

George
Old 12-31-2003, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

I bought one from them for $99 a year and a half ago. Initially, they messed up my caster, and I had to take it back 4 more times to get it fixed.

So, check the alignment sheet, even if the caster difference is in spec, they may be way out. In my case, it was pulling to the right very hard.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Originally posted by Mohamed You'd be surprise how simple an alignment is, usually camber and toe are adjustable, caster sometimes not. All that $69.99 is simply labor costs... It's just a shame that if you don't have the equipment, you'd have to pay for that.
For those of us that don't have the tools (or the garage space) to set up for an alignment, then it's worth it to pay someone else to not make mistakes.

I paid about $140ish for the lifetime right after I did my lift and I don't regret a penny of the money I spent.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:21 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Re: Firestone Lifetime Alignment

Originally posted by midiwall
For those of us that don't have the tools (or the garage space) to set up for an alignment, then it's worth it to pay someone else to not make mistakes.

I paid about $140ish for the lifetime right after I did my lift and I don't regret a penny of the money I spent.
Right, what I meant by my post is, it's not fair to others to simply loosen an ecentric bolt, or lock nut on a rod end to turn the stud, rod, or bolt a few turns until a screen tells you okay you're done for the amount you pay. It's very simple labor and yet I think it's kinda overpriced for it...I dunno, that's just me, labor costs sometimes don't justify what the actual item being repaired takes as far as effort, some are worth it i think, it just depends on the item and alignments are on my list of overpriced! I guess you can justify it with cost of the equipment, the actual employee wage, and the other shop overhead cost...ahh, but it's still overpriced in my opinion.
Old 12-31-2003, 07:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahh... okay... Yes, I misread what your point was.

I agree!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:11 PM

I had a lifetime alignment for my 3 cars from Firestone. They do horrible work. I wiould constamtly have to bring my cars back to get it right. Granted, not all Firestones are the same, but Firestone couldn't pay me to have them do my alignment or any other service for that matter. In my opinion it is better to have no alignment than to go to Firestone. Those chumps don't care about my car and their labor almost always reflects that.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

When I worked for Firestone I sold a bunch of those alignments for $89.99. Its a good deal. I just haven't got arount to buying it yet.

I personally know the mechanics at my local Firestone, so I always request mechanics I trust to do my alignments.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure there's good and bad firestones, as with most anything. I've been quite happy with the service I received at my local shop.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 PM

I also recently got one, and it has already paid for itself and some more....

Good deal in my opinion.

Old 01-29-2004, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by bigred
I had a lifetime alignment for my 3 cars from Firestone. They do horrible work. I wiould constamtly have to bring my cars back to get it right. Granted, not all Firestones are the same, but Firestone couldn't pay me to have them do my alignment or any other service for that matter. In my opinion it is better to have no alignment than to go to Firestone. Those chumps don't care about my car and their labor almost always reflects that.
Hey BigRed, can you enable your Private Messages? Currently you have your private messages disabled, as well as your email, so there is no way I can get in touch with ya! We met the other day, remember?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by bigred
yes indeed. my friend just won a lawsuit against firestone. he has a 02 WRX AWD, and firestone aligned the car based on a FWD subaru. this resulted in jacking up the front tires really bad. the insides of the front tires started to "cup" . he sued them for about $850 and in the end walked away with 4 brand new tires (not crappy tires but very good racing tires) and $150.he didnt get the $850 he was asking for but he got just about that. IMO the guys there dont really know what they are doing except to take off a tire and put it back on.