Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Paragon group run - Oct. 4

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Paragon group run - Oct. 4

Well, after talking about it and thinking about it and reading web sites about it, I actually managed to go out and DO it -- the Paragon group run, that is.

Not as thrilling as some, mind you, but it was my first outing with "Mr. 4" as I've sort of named my ride. And in true 'yota style, he came through with flying colors.

I have a first attempt at pixx here. We ran Doe Run, a moderate green (easy) trail. For newbies it was good. Had a nice 'yota representation; couple of Tacos and me with the only 4Runner in our group. A couple of 4Runners and a couple of Tacos ran a rockcrawl and we all got out to spectate. Next time I'll have a memory card for my camera and I'll bring the camcorder, my bad. :cry:

A couple hangups but nothing serious. One guy in his leased (!) Grand Cherokee who I think had no idea what he was in for. He's running the trail in dress loafers and khakis. Tore the hell out of his sidewall and got stuck a LOT.

Anyway, I had one frame strike, blew lots of bubbles in some of the deeper waterholes, and had one hell of a lot of fun. Looking forward to a run sometime in mid-November, maybe, after I get some work done on this bad boy.
Old 10-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Nice Pictures! Looks like you had a good time.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:37 AM

Glad to hear it went well. I made the Sunday ride. Had a good group, 1 stock Xterra, 1 stock Wrangler, 1 stock H2, a couple of lightly modded Wranglers, and a couple of lightly modded Cherokees. We ran some kickass trails - I believe they were all greens but some were pretty tough. I ran blues last time I was at the park, and these greens were much, much harder. I'm yet to figure out the trail rating system.

We had a great guide and had a great time. I met a guy with a 98 4Runner that he's looking to start modding, so I gave him Brian Demello's name for sliders and YotaTech for his questions.

Like an ass, I left my camera at home, so I'll post pics from the run as other people get them posted on other sites.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:05 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jacksonpt
We ran some kickass trails - I believe they were all greens but some were pretty tough. I ran blues last time I was at the park, and these greens were much, much harder. I'm yet to figure out the trail rating system.

We had a great guide and had a great time. I met a guy with a 98 4Runner that he's looking to start modding, so I gave him Brian Demello's name for sliders and YotaTech for his questions.

Like an ass, I left my camera at home, so I'll post pics from the run as other people get them posted on other sites.
I agree WRT the trail ratings. I would've thought that Doe Run -- allegedly a Green 3 -- would've not been characterized by our guide Bill as "the easiest trail in the park." What trails did you hit?

Did that 98 Runner have no running boards? I chatted with one dude with a stock 98 on Saturday; he said he had 32" tires but was looking to mod. He had no running boards and it changed the whole look of the truck -- looked like a 2nd gen. Wonder if he was there for the weekend.

My neighbor has a Land Rover. When he saw me come home with my Runner all muddy he had to ask where I went. We're going to plan something for mid November if the weather cooperates. (Not sure I want to take unnguided newbies out on a snow trail, esp. if it's only my second time out.)
Old 10-06-2003, 07:49 AM

He was riding with a friend... he didn't have his runner at the park.

I don't remember off the top of my head what trails we ran... I have some of them written down out in the truck. I'm still trying to put together a ride report for the day. Once I get that finalized, I'll post some more info about my day.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

Did you guys wheel for two days and camp there?
Old 10-06-2003, 09:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by TStango
Did you guys wheel for two days and camp there?
No, we didn't. Because of our schedules we never met; I ran there on Saturday and jacksonpt was there on Sunday. I am only about an hour and change away from Hazleton, so I went ahead and got the permanent waiver card and I'm *really* thinking about a season pass. Maybe next year.

I can't ride on Sundays until after my son's football is over.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:52 AM

I'm just over 90 minutes away. I got the permanant waiver card too. I wasn't aware that there was a season pass - what's that baby cost?
Old 10-06-2003, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jacksonpt
I wasn't aware that there was a season pass - what's that baby cost?
$350 a year. Go as often as you want. Like I said, maybe not this year, but I'm seriously thinking about it for next year. My son is 12, so he can come for free for another 4 years.