84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

power windows stopped working...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power windows stopped working...

so when i bought my truck it had a broken window, so i went to a junk yard and found a new window. then the power window motor wasn't working, so i bought one off of ebay. when i got the motor i hooked it up and it worked great.

today i installed the window and good motor and everything was working fine. i noticed that the bad motor that was in there before was labeled right side (however this is the left, drivers side), and the good motor is labeled for the left side. anyways, everything was working fine, the drivers switch was backwards though, meaning up was down and down was up. i could care less as long as its working.

after that i put the door panel back on and was testing the switches. i had the drivers switch in the "up" position (which was rolling the window down) and the passengers switch in the "down" position (which was rolling the window down). then when the windows got about half way down they both stopped and i heard a popping sound from behind the dash. i figured that it popped a fuse so i checked all the fuses and they are okay.

well after looking around for like 20 min's and finding nothing that was helping i got on the net and started searching for info. i found something on this web site: http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...l#PowerWindows about making the windows roll up without the key turned into the "on" position and i'm wondering if that will fix the problem i'm having.

so is my relay blown? is there a fuse somewhere i can't find? any idea what could have caused the problem? how can i fix this problem??

ps. this is a '84 sr5 extended cab truck.

thanks for any you guys can give!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:42 PM

:pat:

problem solved...the circuit breaker popped (yellow/black piece under drivers side dash). i didn't realize it was a circuit breaker until i searched around on the net. all i had to do was reset it, i used a small allen wrench and pushed it in the hole and now the windows work again!

time to go
Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 PM

can you help me find that circuit breaker? not sure if i have one or not, but i just finished my indiglo gauges and now the windows don't work.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM

yea im havin the same problem. they stoped working once because of a bad ground and i fixed that and they worked for about a week them suddenly stopped, i didnt know these things had circuit breakers? and can you point to were thats at?!?!
thanks