Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Want to add 3rd set of speakers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to add 3rd set of speakers

I want to add a 3rd set of speakers in my 92 4Runner but don't know if they should go in the front doors or rear doors. From the factory I have 2 4" in the dash and 2 4.25" in the far back. I have replaced the fronts with a couple Clarion 4" and the rears with a Clarion component set but would like to add an additional component set in one of the sets of doors but am unsure which would be best. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:34 PM

forget the rear doors.

heck, forget any speakers behind the driver unless it's a sub.

if i were you, buy the biggest and baddest set of speakers you can afford and stuff in the front doors. you will need a piece of wood to mount the 6.5" midwoofer/woofer to it, then mount this baffle onto the bottom of the front doors.

you can either toss the pockets on the front doors or like mine, the installer just move them back. and the wood/baffle are on the lowest part of the door, closest to the hinges.

you will/might have to trim some metal behind the door panels to fit the speaker magnets.

and dump those pieces of **** speakers that came OEM. worst position ever for speakers. they point DOWN...

then get the biggest and baddest subwoofer you can afford.

then get the biggest and baddest 3/4 channel amp you can afford.

2 channels will power the fronts. then bridge the 2 channels for the sub (or, if using a 3 channel amp, no bridging...)

presto. killer stereo setup.

these days stereo is still king in the car audio world. just came back from CES last month and almost all demo cars still used 2 channel setups...
Old 02-13-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by ldivinag
forget the rear doors.

heck, forget any speakers behind the driver unless it's a sub.

if i were you, buy the biggest and baddest set of speakers you can afford and stuff in the front doors. you will need a piece of wood to mount the 6.5" midwoofer/woofer to it, then mount this baffle onto the bottom of the front doors.

you can either toss the pockets on the front doors or like mine, the installer just move them back. and the wood/baffle are on the lowest part of the door, closest to the hinges.

you will/might have to trim some metal behind the door panels to fit the speaker magnets.

and dump those pieces of **** speakers that came OEM. worst position ever for speakers. they point DOWN...

then get the biggest and baddest subwoofer you can afford.

then get the biggest and baddest 3/4 channel amp you can afford.

2 channels will power the fronts. then bridge the 2 channels for the sub (or, if using a 3 channel amp, no bridging...)

presto. killer stereo setup.

these days stereo is still king in the car audio world. just came back from CES last month and almost all demo cars still used 2 channel setups...
Thanks for the info.

Here is a link to my thread with all the equipment I am installing.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f96/...anyone-202623/

Also, this is the set of components I am installing in the doors. Front doors that is due to your input
The plastic circles are the spacers

Last edited by airkewld4life; 02-13-2010 at 07:27 AM.