Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Supercharger info needed! Ie this means you Texas ace and alll

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Supercharger info needed! Ie this means you Texas ace and alll

Ok sorry this is my first post and not my build thread. I've been meaning to do that but I'm a little busy. Well I've been a reader for a long time and have had a lot of things answered here but a few that I just can't find anywhere.
These are:
Were can I get a new bypass valve for a 1st gen grey supercharger and can someone measure their dynamic tensioner bracket?

I got my sc used ($120 including shipping) didn't come with hardware. I'll post up a built thread soon but a quick taste is a 96 limited in green all blacked out and on 265/75 treadwright guard dogs( yes there retreads and there really nice). Locker and all the little mods anyone has ever done on here and t4r.org
As for Texas aces first question yes water/meth soon.

Thanks all

Last edited by Blown96; 05-25-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 PM

PTR26-35042

From what I could find, this should be the part number for the valve you are talking about.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Oops I guess I should have clarified I need the actuator that moves the bypass on the back elbow piece on a gen one super charger

Last edited by Blown96; 05-25-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to YT!

The actuator is not really sold separately from toyota that I know of. Could try calling TRD and see if they sell it or know of a part number.

It should be a standard actuator though, try calling magnuson, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.

The tensioner bracket could be home made but pretty sure you would need one in hand to base it off of. I think there was someone not too long ago that said he was going to make a few of them and sell them, might try searching.

I posted the part numbers needed for the tensioner itself awhile back so that should not be a problem once you have the bracket.

Before decideding on the water/meth a few things to consider. It is a good idea regardless if you have the money but using it as your sole source of fuel does mean you will need accsess to methanol in bulk (but it by the drum). Now long term this is not much cost over gas since it will actually improve your fuel economy vs the same power on a 7th injector. But something to keep in mine.

If you want to use it in combo with the 7th then that is fine too and you can inject much less and whatever you want.

What transmission do you have? Auto or manual? 2wd or 4wd?
Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 AM

Haha your the best Texas ace! I have everything else becomes the bracket to hook up the tensioner up and actually on my runner the only thing I need is how far the face of the bracket is from the engine and the angle from plumb to the notch for the stud on the tensioner. I've read just about all of your posts on the water meth and ithink it's the route I'm going to run. The girl won't let me buy anything more right now as I got the tensioner and a 4454 tranny cooler. I do have the auto and it's 4x4. Posts from a while back people talked about shimming there accumulators in the valve body and I may try that as 600 bucks for an ipt job is a little much for me.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Blown96
Haha your the best Texas ace! I have everything else becomes the bracket to hook up the tensioner up and actually on my runner the only thing I need is how far the face of the bracket is from the engine and the angle from plumb to the notch for the stud on the tensioner. I've read just about all of your posts on the water meth and ithink it's the route I'm going to run. The girl won't let me buy anything more right now as I got the tensioner and a 4454 tranny cooler. I do have the auto and it's 4x4. Posts from a while back people talked about shimming there accumulators in the valve body and I may try that as 600 bucks for an ipt job is a little much for me.
You can look at pictures of the bracket to get an idea of where the hole should be. The bracket is basically flush with the rest of the front cover of the engine IIRC. The tensioner itself sits just off the front cover, just enough room to push the belt through between the tensioner and the cover.

If you want to go meth injection that that is great, get a smaller pulley while you are at it but first get yourself a drum of pure methanol, you will not want to mix much if any water into the mix and it will use a fair amount of meth. Figure 1-2 gallons per tank of gas depending on how you drive.

Far as the transmission goes, I just so happen to have a 60k mile 96 4wd Auto transmission with IPT valve body for sale. $400 takes the whole thing or I can part out the valve body to save on shipping. Brand spanking new, never installed. Heck of a deal compared to going direct to IPT. it costs me $650 all said and done to get it built after shipping. Also took 3 weeks.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f107...las-tx-245998/

An option to keep in mind for when yours goes out, just a matter of time without the valve body. I got 10k miles out of mine without the valve body before it needed a rebuild.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:04 AM

400 sounds like a deal can it wait a little ill pay ya to hold onto it for about a month or two and would it be a problem that I have electric 4x4 if the one you have is not? Btw thanks a million.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

400 sounds like a deal can it wait a little ill pay ya to hold onto it for about a month or two and would it be a problem that I have electric 4x4 if the one you have is not? Btw thanks a million.
This is just the transmission, so you will reuse your transfercase if you got the whole transmission and thus I would not see any issues coming from that.

If you just got the valve body then it should have no effect on it at all since it is inside the transmission.

Send me a PM, I am sure we can work something out.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Look at you Ace, pretty soon all the threads will say, "Ace what's wrong with my truck"
Old 05-28-2012, 09:17 AM

Hahaha might a well he does know quite a bit and I figured if he didn't know he would be the guy to take off the bracket and measure it for me. I think it worked great didn't want it to get unnoticed now. Btw bracket is all made up and magnuson is sweet so as soon as fastenall comes through with the bolts for the tensioner I'll post up the video f the first start and test drive (ie a burnout or two)
Old 05-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

LOL, well I know my way around engines, comes with the territory when you were brought up working on them. By no means an expert compared to a lot of guys but I can hold my own.

I would have pulled my bracket but I actually sold my supercharger a few months ago in preparation for a turbo setup. Glad you get it worked out, you will love the supercharger. Wakes up the whole truck. Past that, meth injection and a 2.2 or 2.1 pulley the only other thing I would do performance wise is get the valve body taken care of and a high stall converter.

The converter will really wake the truck up from a stop, in 4wd if you bring it up on the converter and launch it you can really surprise a lot of people.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 AM

What! No sc for the ace how much boost do you plan on putting in your runner now. And yeah the converter is high on my list too.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

What! No sc for the ace how much boost do you plan on putting in your runner now. And yeah the converter is high on my list too.
LOL, yeah just got tired of the SC it is great for what it is, gives the truck the power I think it should have come with from the factory but I always want more.

So got a turbo setup planned, waiting on the turbo (getting it in trade for some work I did but he is taking his pretty little time getting it to me). The turbo setup will be capable of making 900hp if I wanted but the motor and transmission will not handle that. So the plan is to make however much power they can handle.

Figure I will stop around 400whp to start out with and see how things hold together.

Later I will find the limits of the stock motor and go for big power with a built motor but that is a long ways down the road when I can afford it.

Last edited by Texas_Ace; 05-28-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 AM

Anyone making parts to build up our motors or you thinkin a swap. If you get over 400 I'm tossing my sc that would be so much fun.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Anyone making parts to build up our motors or you thinkin a swap. If you get over 400 I'm tossing my sc that would be so much fun.
400whp is easy, can make that on pump gas with the turbo I plan to use. The question is will the stock motor handle it? Will the transmission even built handle it?

I will stick with the 5vz for awhile at least, no reason to swap till I am at the 1000whp+ from what I have seen so far, just build the motor right.

You can get most of the parts to build the motor off the shelf, just not cheap. And since I am perpetually broke that means it is a ways off for me.

The transmission is actually what I see being the biggest problem long term, that will have to be swapped if I get much over 400-500whp I have a feeling. Not sure what I will do about that, cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 AM

Damn I envy you haha. I'd love to see my sel tryin that but my 4runner is my dd so I can't chance making too much power and killing it.