95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

shops in KC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shops in KC

to all in the KC area, where is or, are there any good 4X4 shops in kc ? where would any of you recommend to take my Runner when im ready for a lift kit, grill guard, and winch ? thankx for any help.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:26 AM

RicNkc-

I just joined this board a week ago. I frequent another board. Good to see there are other KC folks posting here.

Save your money and do it yourself. Installing a lift isn't all that hard. I have no mechancal experience at all and did it in one afternoon. I enlisted the help of a few club members from the Tornado Alley Cruisers (local chapter of the Toyota Land Crusier Assoc), you might consider joining, or look into the Kansas City 4-Wheel Drive Association as well. Each have websites if you want to check them out.

Most of these guys are willing to help one another with mods

I have a freind coming over to help me tune my CB and he will know better on what might be a good shop, if you want to go that direction. I'll post back this afternoon.

Last edited by Ranski; 04-05-2003 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:53 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

Ranski, thankx for the reply, i have seen the kc4wd wesite, even thought about joining them, then we moved up north, and i found Yotatech, this is more for me, since i have the Runner, lol, but i still might look into them, do you do much wheeling ? im always wanting to go, but dont know many people that will take their 4x4s off road look me up next time you go, do you have a lift on yours ? i was thinking about maybe a 2" from cornfed.
Ric
Old 04-05-2003, 07:13 AM

I have been wheeling a few times, and definitley plan on doing more. I went to Tiffany BEFORE THE COPS started showing up.

Most of my off-raod adventures involve getting to climbing areas in Arkansas and Colorado.

As for my lift, I installed Old Man Emu (OME) shocks and springs and went with 32" BFG T/A's. I got about 3" of lift, I haven't measured lately and it kindda slipped my mind as to how much I actually got. I also, installed a TJM bumper.

Hopefully in the next couple of months I will be ordering sliders, SAW coil-overs ( to replace the OME front springs and shocks), ATS A-Arms and a winch. I need to sell a few things to help fund this purchase :-^

I'll definitley let you know if we go wheeling, I usually hang with a friend of mine who drives a J@#p. I'm sure we will be heading to Tuttle Creek in the coming months. I might also head down with the KC4WDA on some of their trails rides as well.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

about Tiffany Springs Park,, STAY AWAY ive heard not only will you get a ticket, but maybe even go to jail, ive been out to Raytown rd, a few times, i was trying to get a buddy go out there tomorrow, havent heard from him yet, well my Runner is pretty stock did get new shoes the ohter day, BF Goodfrch MTs, but no lift or anything YET....
Old 04-05-2003, 07:40 AM

My J@#p friend was at Raytown last weekend and the cops were hanging out there as well. It use to a be place just for the Jeep Club then the land owner got upset because others started using the place and trashing it up. Now it is off-limits to everyone. I fyou must go it would be a good idea (after wheeling) to park the truck out of site from the main road and hike up to see if they are hanging out at the trailhead before you go driving out.

It's unfortunate but we live an a city that offers no local wheeling areas. The KC4WDA is currently negotiating with the Parks Dept. to turn Tiffany into a legal wheeling area...hopefully this will come true.

Personally, I'll probably limit my wheeling to legal areas, as I'd rather spend my cash on mods and not tickets or bail.

The one time I did go to Tiffany, I was bone stock and had no problems, so youshould be OK.

If you don't mind a 2+ hour drive, the Tuttle Creek ORV park is the place to go.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:47 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

wooow i didnt know that,, well i know of a place up north off Barry road, not the best place, but its ok,, thankx for the info, and i agree with you about spending the bail money on other things.