03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Cornfed installation - labor

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cornfed installation - labor

I got the kit; now, I need help to find a installer for Cornfed spacer lift kit for my 06 sport 4runner. I live in Orange County, So. Cal. I searched the forum but came up empty. Can someone recommend me a shop in OC does Cornfed lift kit? I want someone know what to do with it because I read that if you don't do it right, you can damage the XREAS.

Thank you,

Net4n6
Old 08-30-2006, 10:57 AM

bump:
Old 09-06-2006, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Net4N6
I got the kit; now, I need help to find a installer for Cornfed spacer lift kit for my 06 sport 4runner. I live in Orange County, So. Cal. I searched the forum but came up empty. Can someone recommend me a shop in OC does Cornfed lift kit? I want someone know what to do with it because I read that if you don't do it right, you can damage the XREAS.

Thank you,

Net4n6

it will run you atleast 400 anywhere you go. The installation takes about 4 or so hours, and at any rate, its still pretty expensive.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Contributing Member

Other than the XREAS concern, which you can avoid by talking to the Cornfed people or anyone else with XREAS experience, I don't see why you couldn't save yourself the $$ and hassle and do it yourself.

The only thing I can think of is calling outlaw offroad in Lake Forest.
405 south, exit Lake Forest (last exit before the merge with 5)
left on Lake Forest
Left on to Rockfield
down a bit and on the right. If you hit Bake you went 2 streets too far.

That's the closest thing to an offroad shop I've personally seen in OC and they seem to focus more on lifting H2s and Fords so I'm not sure exactly how good they will be to you for a spacer lift.

Again - I have NO experience with them so I have no idea how they conduct their business. They're just the only place I've seen in the area.

In my opinion you should do your homework, ask people that would know, and do it yourself. Maybe even host a wrenchathon if people are interested - free food tends to attract useful hands.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
In my opinion you should do your homework, ask people that would know, and do it yourself. Maybe even host a wrenchathon if people are interested - free food tends to attract useful hands.

You might as well throw yourself a wedding cause that is the kinda extravagant price you are going to pay for professional installation on a new vehicle w/ XREAS by a shop.

Old 09-07-2006, 03:30 PM

Other than the XREAS concern, which you can avoid by talking to the Cornfed people or anyone else with XREAS experience, I don't see why you couldn't save yourself the $$ and hassle and do it yourself.

The only thing I can think of is calling outlaw offroad in Lake Forest.
405 south, exit Lake Forest (last exit before the merge with 5)
left on Lake Forest
Left on to Rockfield
down a bit and on the right. If you hit Bake you went 2 streets too far.

That's the closest thing to an offroad shop I've personally seen in OC and they seem to focus more on lifting H2s and Fords so I'm not sure exactly how good they will be to you for a spacer lift.

Again - I have NO experience with them so I have no idea how they conduct their business. They're just the only place I've seen in the area.

Thank you everyone for the recommendation.
Tacoma,
I appreciated your recommendation. Unfortunately, I had bad experiences with Outlaw Offroad. Not only once but many times. My friends also had bad experiences with them too. They never deliver the promises. Once they have your $$, they don't care. I drove high lifted truck before. Now I really miss it. Jason Burtman recommended me to one of the place near by my house. The price is very reasonable ($200) for labor.

Last edited by Net4N6; 09-07-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Contributing Member

Net,

Where's this place?
I didn't get an immediate good impression of this place either because of they type of customer they were catering to when I was there (soccer mom in H2) and the fact that the customer rep, while courteous, was telling me that there was no such thing as Brembo blanks, "no dude, I've had all sorts of experience with racing and just recently got into the offroading thing. I've never seen plain rotors from Brembo."
Old 09-12-2006, 03:30 PM

Net,

Where's this place?
I didn't get an immediate good impression of this place either because of they type of customer they were catering to when I was there (soccer mom in H2) and the fact that the customer rep, while courteous, was telling me that there was no such thing as Brembo blanks, "no dude, I've had all sorts of experience with racing and just recently got into the offroading thing. I've never seen plain rotors from Brembo."
It is locating in Irvine. It has good marketing scheme. Nice website and everything. People work there for commission. They advice you anything that make a buck. One incident happened to me 2 yrs ago (this is not the only one). I got 3 quotes for the same lift kit and tires+wheels. They are $500 to $1000 apart. WTF. Where do they get the #? All 3 guys were jerk too.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributing Member

Old 07-31-2007, 01:11 PM

"If you think hiring a professional is expensive. Try hiring your friend and replace everything that breaks along the way."

I remember seeing that posted somewhere....
Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 AM

What about the Jeep place down near the main road into Laguna? I always see those damn Jeeps lifted and tricked out. Who knows if they would touch a Toyota, but seems as if they would certainly know how. Just a thought.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:04 AM

Although I have not done mine yet , I would like to do it myself and others have said its not that hard IF you take your time. The Xreas can be disconnected at certain points in the line without a problem , which from what I understand makes things much easier.