Sponsored by: DashLynx

plans for tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBluePile
hehehehe, I don't think he likes you... hehehehe

lol, yeah I figured he would have answer by now, but what-ev...

so far from what I can see, every picture of the 22re in an 85-87 has that housing...

I dunno, I may be onto something...

I might just try to order one at the parts store, and if it's the right one I'll take it, and if it's not, then I'll just return it and go back to looking elsewhere...
Old 11-16-2008, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
I might just try to order one at the parts store, and if it's the right one I'll take it, and if it's not, then I'll just return it and go back to looking elsewhere...

yup, or worst case, take the new housing and get a bung and have it tig welded in.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigBluePile
yup, or worst case, take the new housing and get a bung and have it tig welded in.
true; the only reason I haven't done that to mine already is because it's the only one I have, and if I screw it up, the truck's me DD and I'd be screwed till I can get another one
Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you checked out north brevard salvage they have a few toyota trucks up there all the time give them a call-1-800-851-4703
Old 11-16-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
86 huh?

Cali emmesion?

SR5 or standard?

I need some details man, lol!

California emmessions

SR5
Old 11-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 96redtoy
have you checked out north brevard salvage they have a few toyota trucks up there all the time give them a call-1-800-851-4703
haven't checked them yet... since I get off work at 3:30 on mondays, I'm thinking about riding over to Cocoa Auto Salvage after work to see what they have. I havent been over to that place in about a year and a half, so I don't know what they got... Use to be a nice place cause they would let you bring your own tools, walk around and find what you need, and pull the stuff off yourself, but now it's walk up to the counter, tell em what you need, and wait... which is retarded if you ask me; half the reason I go to junk yards is the hunt!

But I dunno about that either cause I went ahead and ordered a new one for an 86 at the parts store in hopes that it's the right one. It should be here either tomorrow or Tue. Wish me luck on that guys!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your can walk around and pull what ever you want again was there the other day. I knw they have a second gen 4 runner there with the 3.0L in it not sure a bout a truck or anything with the 22re though go look around and and let me no if they hace any tacos around
Old 11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

well 96red, I went to Cocoa Auto Salvage today, no luck... like you said they have the runner; actually he said they had 2; one with the 3.0, one with no motor in it...

so then I went by Quarno's off Camp Road... they had 2 runners, both with no motor...

the housing I ordered at the parts store came in, and to my surprise, yep, it's the same thing on my truck now... no sensor outlet...

so luckly I got an old school guy at the counter who, get this, PICKED UP A BOOK! we looked for a few minutes, then low and behold, Factory Air part number 85020

in the book it claims to fit the 1.6l motors in the Corollas, and it looks a little shorter, but ya know what I'm at my wits end and damnit it's worth a shot, and if it'll bolt up and not leak, I'll be more than happy...

but it wont be in till Fri, so I let you guys know then how it works out; cross your fingers!

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 11-17-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Well, that's cool because I hit two junkyards today looking for a supra. No joy on the supra but I found a ton celicas and believe it or not at the last junk yard I found 12 toyotas in row and half were second gen runners, 1 first gen and couple pickups all 90's. Not one had a whole 22r-e!! I did score the wiring harness for my brake mastercylinder low light FINALLY! If I need a cv joint I know where to go!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:47 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 1/8" bspt fitting, where did you get it and how much was it. Autochevy or Advanced Auto doesnt carry it, some other dude on here said Autometer has the correct fitting, but I am sure they will want a fortune for it, and Lowes doesnt carry anything under 1/4". If those are sunpro guages I will be doing the same thing you are.

I have the same gauge set but white faced.

Last edited by 89whitetoyota; 12-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota
The 1/8" bspt fitting, where did you get it and how much was it. Autochevy or Advanced Auto doesnt carry it, some other dude on here said Autometer has the correct fitting, but I am sure they will want a fortune for it, and Lowes doesnt carry anything under 1/4". If those are sunpro guages I will be doing the same thing you are.

I have the same gauge set but white faced.
I got mine from Advance Auto Parts just down the road from me. Sorry I don't have the part number for it, but next time I stop by there I'll be sure to get it for you! They keep em all in a big black metal bin-like think behind the counter, their not out on the sales floor where customers can readily access them. Normally they have all those brass fittings, expansion plugs, lug nuts and studs, and a bunch of brake fittings and adapters all right there together in the metal bins. He may not know exactly what you're talking about, so just ask if you can go look through the brass fittings; they'll normally just show you the bins and tell you to have at it!

It's basically just a brass block with one male 1/8" fitting sticking out of one side, and 2 female ends on it. Now the threads on the oil sending unit and on the block where it threads in is metric and it's just smaller than 1/8", so I took a 1/8" die and threaded it down onto the male end of the fitting a few times, and since dies are usually tapered, the smallest point scrapped off just enough material from the threads to let it thread in and seal up to the block. I installed a new oil pressure sending unit into a female port on the fitting, and it threaded almost all the way in to the point of bottoming out, but the threads on it are tapered as well, to it eventually tighten's up and seals no problem. The last female 1/8" port, well the gauge comes with a 1/8 adapter that'll thread right in!

I've had no problems with leaks at that fitting adaptor on the block, or at the gauge itself, but I did develope a slow seepage at where I had to join to of the nylon tubes together to reach. I tightened the farrel fittings up a bit and it seems to have stopped, but next time I feel antsy about it I'll replace the nylon lines with copped lines; they seal better and last longer, their just a little harder to rout.

I still haven't had any success locating the freek'n t-stat housing, but then again I really haven't been looking too much here lately. About the only resort I have left is to try a dealership, which is what it might all boil down to...

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 12-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.