Vehicle Audio & Home Entertainment Discussions here pertain to vehicle stereo systems and home entertainment systems

Pioneer VS. Alpine

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2001Millrunner
I agree with all Alpine lovers. Alpine sounds better, holds up better, looks a lot classier than those toy-looking pioneer. I'd choose Alpine for if nothing else, their design.
Yes sir... the only other unit I would own would be from Eclipse.. 8v out and great sq as well.. But pretty damn expensive.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:32 AM

I am a car audio installer and deal with all of the units mentioned above. Your debate over Pioneer or Alpine, hands down Pioneer. There is no better SQ between the two. I spend more time replacing Alpine than I do selling them. Pioneer has the best turn around times for repairs. Alpine will look for a way out of fixing thier units and if they find a way then your ˟˟˟˟ out of luck. The only reason we still sell them is we make good pionts on them and we want to keep other product that the alpine rep sells us. Most people that buy these units are ones who come in looking for alpine and don't even look at the other brands. I just bought a new unit this week and went with the Clarion DXZ745mp. You can not beat these units for the money. They have the same quallity as the pioneer and alpines for less, not to mention they give you a free Sirius satelite. As for Eclipse I don't make money replacing them. They are nice as long as they are working.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

I am totally in love with my Clarion DXZ545MP. I am an old school stereo nut. I ran a car stereo store for several years and was an installer/sales rep before that...but that was almost 20 years ago. But, I can tell you what I like and I like this deck. I love the capability to scroll folders, just like your computer, to get to each artist. I like the display, easy to read, very clear. It can play both MP3 and WMA files. It can control video and satellite equipment. I has AUX RCA inputs also. It also has a built in electronic crossover that lets you set the crossover frequencies for the rear outputs. For less than $138 shipped I got a hell of a unit and so far it has exceeded all my expectations.

**edit - also...my neighbor runs a car stereo store in Arlington,TX and he is giving the Satellite receiver for weekend, in trade for some computer work I am doing for him. I can't wait! **

Last edited by DavidA; 07-01-2004 at 07:29 AM.