Texas Texas Chapter

TX4Roc meet at Barnwell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TX4Roc meet at Barnwell Jun 19th

OK mentioned this one in the other thread, I really think we need a get-together at Barnwell. Designs mentioned he wanted to wait til the end of Jun, either the 19th or the 26th could work for me. This is a great place for ALL levels. It is privately owned, costs $15 to wheel for a day, all trails are clearly marked at the starts as to the difficulty so you know what you're getting into, no water crossings, mostly clay and rock. There is a snack shop that sells burgers and whatnot so no getting hungry. They have a nice campground for those interested in camping. Also a staffed shop on-site to help with any recoveries/fixes etc. All the trails are not all that long, and branch off of a system of flat dirt roads into loops, so you could do one trail, stay with the group, if you didn't want to do the next one you could park at the head and ride along on the loop. This could be a really good time and we could just have a lot of fun. Helping each other out is part wheeling. Anyway check out the website and let me know what you guys think.

Here is where it's located:

Last edited by Wild_Bill; 05-11-2004 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Contributing Member

Looks good to me I will try to make it work
Old 05-10-2004, 07:30 AM

I am up for it. I haven't gone wheelin' yet.

mochoajr
Old 05-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mochoajr
I am up for it. I haven't gone wheelin' yet.

mochoajr
Come on out I want to get a better showing here then we did in Dallas It was great seeing everyone, It would be so cool if we could get like 15 rigs or do wouldn't it?

Do you have a picture of your 01?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

I think it would make for a great camping weekend with my kids. I need to install a CB and get the camping gear together.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Banned

Actually, I thought we were all good sports about things during the trip, including me.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
Actually, I thought we were all good sports about things during the trip, including me.
4Route...I am not sure what happened...but I just think that everyone got a little tense. I wish that would not have happened to you guys.

I hope everything works out ok. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:04 PM

I would like to try to make it . What dates are we talking about?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

Have fun guys. I wasn't trying to make it like a soap-opera, but it was my first ˟˟˟˟˟˟ time out and we got bogged down in mud with our street tires and it is frustrating as hell to be the one that keeps getting stuck and having people rolling their eyes and pissing people off, alright? Try to be a little more understanding. It wasn't drama, guys, it was genuine apologies and my own feelings of embarrassment for feeling like my truck and I were in way over our heads.

I had never been on a wheeling trip before, so give me a damn break already and just accept my damn apologies without calling it "drama". I'm a girl, and girls express their emotions more, that doesn't mean it was drama, it just means that I was sincerely apologetic for slowing us all down and dictating the kind of trails some of the more advanced guys had to stay on throughout the day because of my newbie-ness and street tires. It was embarrassing to me, and I was frustrated as hell with myself, so excuse me if I felt bad and like I was holding people back.

Screw it.
4route...I do not know what he was talking about when he said soap-opera..but I would bet my life it had nothing to do with you...you were fine out there... I am 100% sure everyone would agree with me...It was a pleasure having you there with us
Old 05-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

without all the "soap-opera" type "Don't let me get in your way" issues

that was a reference to me. i was the only one who ever said anything close to that. but even so, i was just being sincere, not trying to be dramatic.

i liked being out there with you guys, i wasn't trying to create drama, i was just very conscious of my inexperience and my propensity for mud-stickage.

but it is my firm belief that no one should ever have to apologize for a sincere apology. and i certainly did not mean to bring (nor did i realize i was perceived to have brought) any type of "soap opera" or "drama" issues before, during, or after the trip. and even when i did apologize, i wasn't doing it in a cry-baby way, or in a dramatic way. so, i don't understand why he said that, and / or why Mark agreed.

ah well. i don't want to bring that type of dynamic to our club, it makes me feel awful that people perceived my company that way. if i come out again with you guys, i'll just be more quiet, but i really did think we were all having a good time and even when i was frustrated with myself i didn't get down or anything, i just laughed about it and smiled a lot. i dunno how that is drama.

sigh.
I would ask who ever said it straight up..because I am sure it is a misunderstanding..I saw you as nothing but a good sport..sure you got a bit frusterated..but hell it was our first time out..I did too a bit..
again, I would bet my life it had nothing to do with you.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 PM
Banned

you got frustrated too? the only time i got really frustrated was at the end, but for the most part, i was just grateful and happy to be right-side-up. you did really well ... i watched you tear up that last mud bog and was very impressed with your truck. when/if you decide to put a lift under there, i'd be more than happy to help!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
I would ask who ever said it straight up..because I am sure it is a misunderstanding..I saw you as nothing but a good sport..sure you got a bit frusterated..but hell it was our first time out..I did too a bit..
again, I would bet my life it had nothing to do with you.
Whoa, hey 4route I never intended to offend or insult anyone here, I was just joking around about that 10+ page thread going on about who should've led what trail, who doesn't belong, blah blah... I didn't go with you guys, I've never met you, and I've have absolutely nothing against you. Hell I've wheeled many times, right now I have 32" tires with 3.92 gears and open diffs, not the greatest combo, but I just make sure someone is in front of me and behind me that can pull me up/out of whatever, it's no big deal, it's all part of the wheeling. The point I was trying to make about a Barnwell trip is that the way the trails are setup it will be fun for everbody, all skills, all trucks , people can easily split into groups, or whatever. It's a fun time guaranteed. Anyway I edited my post above to take out my sarcasm, again I apologize.

How does the 19th sound to eveybody?
Old 05-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Banned

No need to apologize, I just felt like you were insulting me and I wasn't quite sure why. But I understand now what you meant, thank you for letting me know and clearing that up for me. Sometimes sarcasm is hard to detect over the computer!

Something where the trails will suit everyone, all skills, all trucks, sounds good. I don't doubt the capabilities of our trucks at all, I just know that some of us want to learn some more of the basics, and slowly build our way up past newbie.

I don't think I'll be coming on this trip, but I can't wait to hear/see how it goes!!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Contributing Member

I just got a preliminary approval from the Boss/wife to go on June 19th. So unless she forgets, etc. then I might make it!

edit: So you think my 91' Extracab 4x4 pickup will be ok there huh? To me it sits higher than most of them. I am not sure why but I am pretty sure it does not have a lift on it. One thing about the 22RE with a 5 speed it is a hell of a hill climber! I just put on some brand new BFG A/T KO's on it and just tuned it up. She is running so sweet!

Last edited by DavidA; 05-10-2004 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Banned

I'm sure yours will do just fine too!

ranma21's 5 speed was awesome climbing hills too.

boss = wife, wife = boss?
Old 05-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

you got frustrated too? the only time i got really frustrated was at the end, but for the most part, i was just grateful and happy to be right-side-up. you did really well ... i watched you tear up that last mud bog and was very impressed with your truck. when/if you decide to put a lift under there, i'd be more than happy to help!
Sure, I was frusterated when I have no control over my truck..I am still learning how to drive in the mud..and its even more fun with street tires on it..
I had such a blast and I am going out again 100%...I like ALL the people who was with us and I hope we gat all the same people and more ( my wife even wants to come)

and see 4route Don't always think people are talking about you I know it had to be a misunderstanding

You are one cool chick and I really home you come out and wheel again.

Old 05-10-2004, 04:16 PM

So I'm assuming the 19th of Jun works for everybody?? I'm marking it on my calendar. Here's some pics of previous runs on Barnwell
Old 05-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Contributing Member

Those are some sweet pictures

how was the pucker factor on those? where they the "easy" trails?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Banned

that one with the huge valley didn't look too easy
Old 05-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
Sure, I was frusterated when I have no control over my truck..I am still learning how to drive in the mud..and its even more fun with street tires on it..
I had such a blast and I am going out again 100%...I like ALL the people who was with us and I hope we gat all the same people and more ( my wife even wants to come)

and see 4route Don't always think people are talking about you I know it had to be a misunderstanding

You are one cool chick and I really home you come out and wheel again.

4Route, I think you are a bit too sensitive of being a newbie. Me and Herk are newbie too. I felt so frustrated when I got stucked climbing up the hill that everyone did successfully. But you guys have some very good spirit that surprise me and keep me going, everybody seems to be very helpful and supportive, especially Blake, Todd, Zach, Brandon, and you too. I felt a bit sad because I wasn't able to help others much to free their truck due to the fact that I am a newbie. So dont't feel like you were holding people up and embarressed being stuck. That is part of the fun, Just like Herk said, I think you a cool chick , you are brave enough to take the courage to try things that regular chick doesn't dare to do. That make you special!!!!

Quick Reply: TX4Roc meet at Barnwell?